Ya gotta wonder how these kids do this

Thread: Ya gotta wonder how these kids do this

Retired SOH Administrator

Ya gotta wonder how these kids do this

13-year old girl sends 14,528 text messages in one month

TG Daily reports a 13-year old American girl send a total of 14,528 text messages last month. Her dad was surprised when he received a 440-page bill from AT&T, but fortunately his daughter was on an unlimited texting plan that costs only $30 a month.
    The dad, age 45, said "First I laughed. I thought '. That's insane. That's impossible.' And I immediate whipped out the calculator to see if it was humanly possible." He found out that it was, but just barely.
    Reina, his 13-yr old daughter, would've had to send text message at the rate of 484 per day, or one every two minutes of every waking hour. When the father asked "Who are you texting anyway? Your entire school?" She replied, "A lot of my friends have unlimited texting. I just text them pretty much all the time."
    According to the report, she routinely messages a core group of "four obsessive texters," all girls between 12 and 13 years old on her LG phone. Reina managed to text one of her friends who was sitting right next to her at a karaoke party :woot:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

My son averages 75 texts a day. I can't imagine having the time send/ receive that many let alone 484 a day. On a heavy day I might send/receive 20 text. That girl's crazy.

Watch u r gonna c a generation that is going to lose it's ability to write proper English sentences and lose it knowledge of grammar...spell check hasn't helped either.

My son, 25, and his friends text each other 24/7....it will be 3am and I'll hear his phone go "ding" to announce a message and he'll wake up and answer it ! Now, will he do the same when it comes time to empty the trash??? That's a "NO!". :mixedsmi:

I asked him why he doesn't just talk via the phone and he says that the majority of them have limited minutes to use but unlimited texting.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

because I don't have small pictures
    My daughter won the 2008 Kansas State Fair texting competition. It paid $1,000.00!! :faint:

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    ...I asked him why he doesn't just talk via the phone and he says that the majority of them have limited minutes to use but unlimited texting.
    My son says that texting is great for when you need to keep in touch, but don't necessarily want to talk! I told my wife and she doesn't like it when I text her. :argue:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiens View Post
    My daughter won the 2008 Kansas State Fair texting competition. It paid $1,000.00!! :faint:
    Kevin
    There are texting competitions?

PhilRamone
    i am 22 and i hate texting, i cant stand it... its cumbersome disingenieous and a lame excuse to not do things (i txted you to see if you wanted to come...not my fault you didnt get it!) in my view... if youre gona txt back and forth non stop then pick up the phone and call haha

my sis and my gf txt like no other too T_T

didnt someone's daughter here win a texting contest a while back??

Quote Originally Posted by rayrey10 View Post
    There are texting competitions?
    there are chubby bunny and all you can eat... so why not haha

a few months back a Goose went down out west in BC and the only survivor of the crash guided the rescuet eams by texting one of his buds... ive heard of another similar incident but dont recall when or where