ETO TigerMoth Missions by Househobbit for ET

Thread: ETO TigerMoth Missions by Househobbit for ET

ETO TigerMoth Missions by Househobbit for ET

ITS DONE AND OUT ********************

ETO TigerMoth Missions by Househobbit for ETO 1.40
    Era 1 1936, Era 2 BOB, Era 3 1943. 1.5Mb

A 7 mission pack that shows the versatility of the classic British training aircraft. Includes HH mods for Pat Pattle’s DH82a Tiger Moth.

SEE BEAUS

http://www.beauscfs3.leaveningonline.com/index.html

EXCELLENT DETAILED IN NATURE AND ALOT OF FUN ..

thanks hobbit and pat .........................please note i think in the plane , open its texture file ,,,theres the shared files in i t , to take and place separate imho in aircraft folder

yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

will get some pics

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks My friend, grateful you enjoyed them..
    The efforts of many went into seeing that the Tigermoth was improved and released..
    I just use the work of the Masters to built this..
    Grateful to the Masters, for the Free gifts..

I likes wrecking new things!
    RATS!!! Need a ladder Please just got stuck in a Tree!!
    HELP!!!

Blog Entries

Two from the sub mission Thanks Owen and Beau:salute:

Attachment 89349Attachment 89350
    CHEERS

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Nasty U-boat!!
    shoot down a Tiggie!!
    Not nice!!

Your welcome Len, I hope you enjoy these as much as I did making them.

Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Nasty U-boat!!
    shoot down a Tiggie!!
    Not nice!!

Your welcome Len, I hope you enjoy these as much as I did making them.

Hey Owen! Love your missions :ernae: Is it possible to have the guns and bombs together in the loadouts?
    Next time I'll arm the Tiger with bombs.:tgun2:
    CHEERS

Using note pad you could create a loadout with both bombs and guns.

Blog Entries

Wink

Attachment 89513 aAttachment 89507
    Scratch one nasty u-boat:salute:
    CHEERS

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Len,
    it was fun building the missions..
    Thanks to the Masters who set this up..
    Too much fun..

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Attachment 89513 aAttachment 89507
    Scratch one nasty u-boat:salute:
    Notice how the explosion fxtextures are dirt? This is an annoying artifact from all the wonderful effects upgrades of the last few years. IIRC the brown "dirt" texture colour associated with explosions originated in DR textures in MAW.

It would be really good to specify a different set of explosion effects for weapons that are likely to explode on water - like depth charges, torpedos, ship guns, etc. Its a bit beyond me I suspect, something for effects gurus?

Sorry for hijacking this thread, couldn't help be struck by your screenies, Old Tiger

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Daiwilletti,

the explosion for water in this case is a water splash, the dirt you can see is the bomb that hit the sub, what needs changing is in the weapons xdp file where it lists the types of effects for each instance of use. in this case the weapon is using a ground explosion effect for its generic explode effect (see below in red) most bombs have something like fx_fireball_s as the generic explode effect and then call on dirt or water effects if it hits ground or water rather than an object.

I'll change the 20lb bomb to something more suitable and upload in this thread.

regards Rob.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <UnitData>
    <General Allegience="" LongName="" ShortName="Cooper 25lb Bomb" ModelName="DH82_25lb_bomb.m3d" BlastDamageScale="1.0" ImpactDamageScale="1.0" FireDamageScale="1.0" Priority="2" Type="weapon" EnteredService="03/01/1915" BlastDamageMod="1" ImpactDamageMod="1" FireDamageMod="1" Category="weapon" Country="britain" Mass="1.14"/>
    <Description String="Cooper 25lb bomb"/>
    <Weapon Crater="crater_3" ImpactDice="1" ImpactDieSize="1" ImpactOffset="586" BlastDice="1" BlastDieSize="1" BlastOffset="401" FireDice="1" FireDieSize="1" FireOffset="100" WeaponType="bomb" BlastRadius="35" ExplodeEffect="fx_grndexpl_s" GroundEffect="fx_grndexpl_s" WaterEffect="fx_wtrspray_s" Drag=".005"/>
    <Loadouts/>
    <GunStations/>
    <DamageBoxes/>
    <Systems/>
    </UnitData>
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Blog Entries

:salute:Thanks Rob:ernae:
    CHEERS

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi Daiwilletti,

the explosion for water in this case is a water splash, the dirt you can see is the bomb that hit the sub, what needs changing is in the weapons xdp file where it lists the types of effects for each instance of use. in this case the weapon is using a ground explosion effect for its generic explode effect (see below in red) most bombs have something like fx_fireball_s as the generic explode effect and then call on dirt or water effects if it hits ground or water rather than an object.

I'll change the 20lb bomb to something more suitable and upload in this thread.

regards Rob.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <UnitData>
    <General Allegience="" LongName="" ShortName="Cooper 25lb Bomb" ModelName="DH82_25lb_bomb.m3d" BlastDamageScale="1.0" ImpactDamageScale="1.0" FireDamageScale="1.0" Priority="2" Type="weapon" EnteredService="03/01/1915" BlastDamageMod="1" ImpactDamageMod="1" FireDamageMod="1" Category="weapon" Country="britain" Mass="1.14"/>
    <Description String="Cooper 25lb bomb"/>
    <Weapon Crater="crater_3" ImpactDice="1" ImpactDieSize="1" ImpactOffset="586" BlastDice="1" BlastDieSize="1" BlastOffset="401" FireDice="1" FireDieSize="1" FireOffset="100" WeaponType="bomb" BlastRadius="35" ExplodeEffect="fx_grndexpl_s" GroundEffect="fx_grndexpl_s" WaterEffect="fx_wtrspray_s" Drag=".005"/>
    <Loadouts/>
    <GunStations/>
    <DamageBoxes/>
    <Systems/>
    </UnitData>
    Thanks, Rob!

Its given me a few ideas to set up alternate bombs for anti-ship missions. Something like a_250lb_w, for example. :salute:

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi All,

attached is a updated 25lb bomb for the tiger moth just overwrite the file in your games weapons folder. Now has a small fireball effect with debris for target hits and dirt and debris for ground strikes and a small water spash for water strikes.

regards Rob.
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Rob..
    Too Cool!!
    :salute: :salute: :salute:

Yes thank you Rob!

Blog Entries

Thank you Rob:salute:
    CHEERS

seal the deal

HH.....love all the eye-candy but whoa....the navy couldn't seal the deal on the first scout mission.....cruised around the sub til l was full of holes and the Navy @ point blank range missing again and again. Maybe that was the real deal....or just AI eccentricities.....never mind...thx for the missions! They're great!!!

Those navy gunners should get more practice or a better range finder.:isadizzy:
    There is also this bismarck formation that I cannot locate aldo it's one of the goals.

Still very good missions ,thanks HH.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Yea, I had to somewhat improve the Guns on the British ships to get them to hit anything..
    The Gun files are included..
    But even with this the Destroyers aren't that great.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseHobbit View Post
    Yea, I had to somewhat improve the Guns on the British ships to get them to hit anything..
    The Gun files are included..
    But even with this the Destroyers aren't that great.
    Yes you must ensure that your ship gun .xdps have as low a "noise" parameter as possible otherwise they can't hit a barn door! Try noise="0.01" or even lower. Also check in the ship xdp gunstation section to make sure that the guns can elevate low enough at closer range - they sometimes struggle to depress and shoot over the top.

Another idea is to go straight into the "Missions" section of the uisel.xml, and add a Missionfriendlygroundskill entry - just copy the format used for Missionenemygroundskill and make sure the friendlies have =100. I think thats the best you can do - if they can't hit anything after that, I can't think of anything alse to tweak (other than simply setting a skill="3" entry directly into the mission.xml for the requisite ground units, but I'm unsure if this has any effect).

Post some screenies of the action?

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Yes you must ensure that your ship gun .xdps have as low a "noise" parameter as possible otherwise they can't hit a barn door! Try noise="0.01" or even lower. Also check in the ship xdp gunstation section to make sure that the guns can elevate low enough at closer range - they sometimes struggle to depress and shoot over the top.

Another idea is to go straight into the "Missions" section of the uisel.xml, and add a Missionfriendlygroundskill entry - just copy the format used for Missionenemygroundskill and make sure the friendlies have =100. I think thats the best you can do - if they can't hit anything after that, I can't think of anything alse to tweak (other than simply setting a skill="3" entry directly into the mission.xml for the requisite ground units, but I'm unsure if this has any effect).

Post some screenies of the action?
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    Has anybody tried any of these mods and with wat success?