Early NASCAR "Silly Season"

Thread: Early NASCAR "Silly Season"

Lightbulb Early NASCAR "Silly Season"

1) Montoya moves over to Chip's sports car team & Kyle Larson takes Montoya's place in the #42 car.
    2) Ryan Newman will have to settle for a "lesser" team or not drive at all.

More to follow as the weeks go by....

WOW...where did you get this information?...if true..and im not saying anything about you sir...this will be great for Kyle Larson...and might explain todays run by the 42 and the early run by the 1....i admit i missed the end...and i have no clue as to how the 14 got there..i was shocked when i read the final..

but why will Newman be out?..i dont get that part of the deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    1) Montoya moves over to Chip's sports car team & Kyle Larson takes Montoya's place in the #42 car.
    2) Ryan Newman will have to settle for a "lesser" team or not drive at all.

More to follow as the weeks go by....
    Makes sense, Montoya just aint cuttin the mustard and Larson is good.

Now can the personalities of Smoke and Harvick work together? They can both be real hotheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Makes sense, Montoya just aint cuttin the mustard and Larson is good.

I think it goes deeper than Montoya - and that's that team has sucked since it was Felix Sabates.
    As I watched the race unfold today in the final laps, I had flashback to Indy where Montoya was leading and an ill-advised
    2-tire change killed the race for him.

Well, the same thing happened today. I watched the #42 team go 1, then 2, (maybe 3) late race pit stops with right side tires only.
    The difference today was that Montoya didn't over-drive the car with worn lefts & crash like he did at Indy.

I need to start paying more attention to "Jamie Mac" to see if his crew/team is making similar bonehead decisions.

The worst thing for Kyle Larson would be for him to go as a rookie to a team that can't cut the mustard. I'd say that Kyle
    would be better served going to the #29 car instead of the #42 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    but why will Newman be out?..i dont get that part of the deal...
    Newman came in with high expectations due in part, to his engineering degree. However if you look at this entire Cup career,
    he's had 16 wins in 14 years thus falling short of expectations. Thus I think his chances of getting a quality ride might be slim.

The #29 car is realistically his best shot - but with a bunch of hot young guns waiting in the willows, tough to tell. Have to see how Stenhouse Jr. does.

I think for some of the current cup drivers that are not performing well the handwriting is on the wall. There are a lot of younger drivers coming up who might prove to be better than some of the more seasoned drivers.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    I think for some of the current cup drivers that are not performing well the handwriting is on the wall. There are a lot of younger drivers coming up who might prove to be better than some of the more seasoned drivers.
    Agreed. But it's all in the timing with these youngsters. Don't want another Casey Atwood type scenario.

yes,,casey atwood,,berney lamar,possibly trevor bayne..but like in the pre-race for the NNS race.Mrs Briscoe brought up the fact that Bayne will be married by next weekend...and maybe..a bit like Busch...he may have a life change...and might improve his racing?...who knows...but something needs to change and soon for bayne or hes finished.