What FS9 Is In Need Of
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What FS9 Is In Need Of

What FS9 Is In Need Of

Im surprised this hasnt been done yet but FS9 is in need of a decent Hawker Siddely HS125 Dominie TMk.1. Simshed was supposed to be making one but ive heard thats going to be FSX only now. Maybe SOH could do it for there next project would be brilliant.

Another wish list? Well, since the title could potentially cover a lot of ground, how about:

• A Lazair ultralight. Either the gas engine powered version or the recently developed all-electric version
    • The Zlin Savage Cruiser. Zlin's Rotax 912 Cub lookalike Savage LSA's are nice enough but I like the looks of the Cruiser, which reminds me of some of the short-wing Piper's
    • An Aeronca 15AC Sedan. The best looking Aeronca IMO
    • The Micco SP20
    • PZL-104MA Wilga 2000 with the Lycoming IO-640 flat six
    • The Glasair Sportsman. A very attractive and versatile kitplane that can easily be converted from taildragger to nosewheel to floats to amphibian. And the wings fold, too!

N.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    .... FS9 is in need of a decent Hawker Siddely HS125 Dominie TMk.1. .......
    I couldn't agree more.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

Pete.
    Neither could I...

My FS9 installation wholeheartedly disagrees with your poorly disguised attempt at dictatorship of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    My FS9 installation wholeheartedly disagrees with your poorly disguised attempt at dictatorship of content.
    Are you saying you disagree with us.

Ive always wanted this aircraft I know it doesnt have maniy liverys only the red and white and back and white. But still I want this as im sure many of you do aswell.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    What fs2004 needs in my oppinion is for the younger generation too start designing and building. Fs2004 needs new designers more than it needs new planes at the mo.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    What fs2004 needs in my oppinion is for the younger generation too start designing and building. Fs2004 needs new designers more than it needs new planes at the mo.

Steve
    Salute! :salute: Any designer help greatly appreciated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks for the download links Magoo...
    I might get started on gmax, now I've got a bit more time on my hand.
    Well, it will take a few years for anybody to see any results... :mixedsmi:

I would like to comment here if you folks don't mind. In essence to modeling.
    I (not a young'in) have been member here for several years. I have always had the desire to learn modeling in Gmax, for flight simulator. My background experiences led me no where with my feeble attempts messing about with Sketchup, but what it did do, was give me the drive to attempt Gmax. That was months ago. Now I can comfortably say I "can" create a model in Gmax, and I "can" see it as intended in FSX. I've got a long ways to go before I feel confident in everything involved with flight simulator models, but if I can do it, anyone can!

I'd also like to add that there are a lot of great people around here that will help you along the way. Milton himself was (and still is) a HUGE help to me and learning the procedures.

A younger group of individuals would definitely be beneficial to the hobby

likewise... i've started learning to model Aircraft myself, it's a long road... but patience and perseverance pay off.... still a long ways off anything but i have an FK Lightplanes FK14 Fuselage that displays in sim... and that's about it... still needs cutting etc... it was started a while ago as a joint venture, but only now am i willing to pick it back up and get going....
    Attachment 86411

That looks great Matt! I've seen several of your projects over a period of time, and they all look good from my chair.
    Regarding cutting, I found myself stagnant at that point myself. Even having "saved" to the point just prior to cutting things, I found I was hesitant to perform the boolean. I found after actually performing the procedure and seeing what it did, I was less intimidated by the process. Now I find myself thinking of the best steps for multiple cuts. Which one first? LOL!

Keep going!!

From the extraordinary Mr. Milton Shupe:

http://www.flightsimonline.com/C162/

"The Cessna 162"

gMax Tutorials and Exercises for the Beginning Modeler

by Milton Shupe

-- That's an entire series of tutorials, excercises and resource files. Nice to build a flying model but don't miss the fun of learning. ;')

A long time ago I downloaded some gMax source files from here:

http://www.freeflightdesign.org/gmax.html

and among them was everyone's favorite mini-propliner the Howard 500. I still remember the day I got the Howard to compile in gMax, textured, exported, and flying in FS2004. Not quite the same as building from scratch but boy was it fun. A good way to keep yourself learning and looking ahead at modeling.

Would like to have more time to apply to model building but being a casual student has added a lot to my flightsim enjoyment.

Java
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    Are you saying you disagree with us.
    Not necessarily, as the Dominie is a nice aircraft.

What puts me off is the way people are asking for it and [aircraft no one else but you cares about] in general.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    I might get started on gmax, now I've got a bit more time on my hand.
    Well, it will take a few years for anybody to see any results... :mixedsmi:
    Oh, don't worry, you don't have to be another Piglet. Just go at your own pace. But just, well...go.

If anyone needs a prime example of user-turned-developer, look at OleBoy. First paints, now models. And dang well modeled ones to boot.
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=425779
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=424883

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    What puts me off is the way people are asking for it and [aircraft no one else but you cares about] in general.
    Kinda sounds like a semi-polite "F-you" from Bjoern.

Any "wish list" aircraft I put up here are not because I solely want them for myself, nor do I expect anyone - anyone - to develop them. Anytime I've listed anything here its an aircraft that I think others might find interesting, looks interesting, or is under-represented. Never any begging, never any arm twisting involved. And how many developers out there in either FS9 or FSX just may have read someone's wish list and said to themselves, "Hey, I'd like to try a Dominie/Beech 18/Ercoupe/YMF-5/AgTruck", got inspired to do it, and now the sim community is much richer for it?

Oh, and there are, BTW, people here interested in more than just mil-jets, airliners, warbirds, and helo's; some of us would like to see a few more ultralights, GA classics, homebuilt/kitplane, and LSA's - high performance and otherwise, which, of course, any designer/developer can choose to design - or not - at their pleasure. It's both our right and privilege to fly what we like, just as your preferences are yours. To imply that someone is attempting to dictate the content of your experience merely by offhandedly expressing their own desire strikes me as somewhat ridiculous.

N.

Its not really that big a deal.

He (Bjoern) has often had an issue with members using the "We need" or "FSX needs" or "FS9 needs" collective phrases. Just walk on past it and concentrate on the topic at hand.

Which is "What FS9 is in need of" and I have to agree with SteveB that the answer really is new younger modelers. I however do not think that will happen as any new modelers are likely to go straight to FSX and forget about FS9.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

I would say the benefit of starting in FS9 is the process is a bit simpler and the standards bar is less high.

Once the basics are mastered and the developer more confident, the transition to FSX is not so hard, IMO.

I would be happy to share any of my gmax source to anyone who would like to use them for reference or parts.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Referencing Magoos links I followed a thread to this helpful site... you folks are really starting to convince me, cut it out.

http://www.elvastower.com/tuts/gmax0...tallation.html
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

if i can shape a wing and a tailplane, cut a rudder and cap the holes in a day you lot'll have no trouble

Attachment 86494

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingManNeil View Post
    Kinda sounds like a semi-polite "F-you" from Bjoern.
    Yup.

And how many developers out there in either FS9 or FSX just may have read someone's wish list and said to themselves, "Hey, I'd like to try a Dominie/Beech 18/Ercoupe/YMF-5/AgTruck", got inspired to do it, and now the sim community is much richer for it?
    One to two. At the very best.

Look, non-commercial developers have their own "wish list" while commercial developers will always settle for the revenue-generating, i.e. most popular aircraft out there.
    If a developer *really* doesn't know what plane to tackle next, (s)he will ask you. In a poll. And decide by majority vote.
    Everything else, you'll have to do yourself. Or in a collaborative effort if you can find the right people.

To imply that someone is attempting to dictate the content of your experience merely by offhandedly expressing their own desire strikes me as somewhat ridiculous.
    "The world is in need of communism!"

Tell that to most Westerners and you'll be chased out of Dodge on the spot.

"I want communism!"

You'll be labeled as a lunatic and receive suggestions to move to North Korea, but you'll be left alone in the end.

"Is there a communist country somewhere on the planet or a communist revolution going on?"

This is a good way of putting it. I'd gladly provide an actually helpful answer to that one.

Bonus:

"I want a communist country!"
    - "Well, there's North Korea..."
    "That's not good enough! I want it like Marx envisioned it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    I however do not think that will happen as any new modelers are likely to go straight to FSX and forget about FS9.
    True for aircraft, but there are still quite a bunch of new airports being done for FS9.

Heehee
    I love this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    if i can shape a wing and a tailplane, cut a rudder and cap the holes in a day you lot'll have no trouble

Attachment 86494

Very cool!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Members who have read this thread: 1