RAZBAM Hawker Tempest Mk. V
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM Hawker Tempest Mk. V

RAZBAM Hawker Tempest Mk. V

Hey folks,

Some time ago a seperate dev team within RAZBAM was created to bring you this aircraft to FSX & P3D. With that, it is on an accelerated development schedule.

The external mesh is based on Anders Lejczak's mesh; and will soon reach completion (as will the VC). Expect more screenshots in the coming week of finished textures which should herald a new standard from RAZBAM.

Enjoy!

That is one very good looking Tempest!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Sold .. Love it
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Blog Entries
    The FCS Hawker Heroes Tempest more than adequately scratches my inline-engined Tempest itch ... but for a Centaurus-engined Tempest II, I'd spring instantly!! Any chance of a II model as well? Even if it shares the VC ... would add nice depth - otherwise it's just a slightly nicer version of an already existing project - at least, that's my view.

Can't argue that it looks good, though - no doubt there!:ernae:

DL

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    The FCS Hawker Heroes Tempest more than adequately scratches my inline-engined Tempest itch ... but for a Centaurus-engined Tempest II, I'd spring instantly!! Any chance of a II model as well? Even if it shares the VC ... would add nice depth - otherwise it's just a slightly nicer version of an already existing project - at least, that's my view.

Can't argue that it looks good, though - no doubt there!:ernae:

DL
    Support us with the Mk. V and we shall see!

Jokes aside; I love the Centaur engined II. The V was chosen based on its' popularity and service in the War, as well as the availability of an external mesh to jump ahead in development time.

Making things better however is that the VC is almost identical between the II and Mk. V. No promises; but based on my personal tastes, I'm definately open to the idea of a II.

On the other hand the "next" aircraft after the eventual tempest(s) from myself in partnership with RAZBAM has however already been decided; and it should make a lot of people very happy.

This is a joyous day!!! ;D

I'll take this until you guys give me a Tiffy!

Looking good! It will make for some nice Tempest versus Ta-152 scenarios.

Great news!

--Dan
    Never trust a clean Crew Chief.

Good news! Thanks for the heads up!
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

uuugghh.....looks great......I just wish these companies would finish onhand projects first. How long have we been waiting on the A-26? The Helldiver? The Metroliner?

Maybe its just me I don't know. :isadizzy:

Here we go Now we'll all want doddlebugs to chase , very RNZAF WWII orientated .. Desmond Scott would be most happy . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    uuugghh.....looks great......I just wish these companies would finish onhand projects first. How long have we been waiting on the A-26? The Helldiver? The Metroliner?

This Tempest is being developed mostly by myself; a seperate entity and one not involved in other RAZBAM products at this time. (You know my work from aircraft such as the IRIS A-10, Vertigo F8F/F9F, RAZ Metroliner, MilViz F-15C etc.)
    As such, it doesn't really affect the other RAZBAM products much.

Any chance this will end up in DCS? Looks absolutely great.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningJester View Post
    Support us with the Mk. V and we shall see!

Jokes aside; I love the Centaur engined II. The V was chosen based on its' popularity and service in the War, as well as the availability of an external mesh to jump ahead in development time.

Making things better however is that the VC is almost identical between the II and Mk. V. No promises; but based on my personal tastes, I'm definately open to the idea of a II.

On the other hand the "next" aircraft after the eventual tempest(s) from myself in partnership with RAZBAM has however already been decided; and it should make a lot of people very happy.
    Thanks GJ - tbat's a reasonable response.

I totally appreciate the calculus of "mass" versus "niche" - I just see this as one of those situations where for an incremental effort (just the exterior model, versus the crazy hard effort of a separate VC), a proportionately more interesting, educational, and unique offering could be produced. To the extent that there could be a large "fence-sitting" crowd on this, given FCS's existing FSX native offering, the full range (V and II) makes a compelling case for why they need to buy this product, versus why they could justify not buying, if they already have the FCS model.

You can likely tell I'm not a developer, and I only have head knowledge, not actual experience bending polys - I get that its hard work. But post-army, I've made a career out of helping companies create and monetise new technical products - so I've counselled companies from different industries on this very dilemma countless times. There are cases where multiple models will not yield the same cost/benefit result - I get that. This one, though, could likely be worth making the stretch.

In any event, all the best - it's looking great thus far!! :ernae:

DL

Looking forward to this!! One of my very first plastic kits - a Frog I think!!

Best of luck with it.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Here we go Now we'll all want doddlebugs to chase
    That would make for some "interesting" AI.
    Craig "CB" Taylor
    Team AVSIM RTWR

The Tempest V has been on my personnal "wish list" since I got into FS. I haven't bought the Hawker Heroes package because I find it too expensive.
    If the project is completed, I might well be purchasing.

Owen.

Master of Disaster
    SOLD!!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

I can understand and share this point of view, but Razbam is not concerned, imho. He has a regular production of quality add-ons : Corsair, Harrier, Kestrel, Buckeye... So, I'm confident we will also see the Metro soon.

Most of all, this tempest is a really good idea, and looks great !!

If you use facebook you should have had the answers months ago dude! But, as is this at least the second time you ask the above (though in two completely different threads), you finally prove your negative filled replies has no knowledge about the projects at all. Like you said, you don't know, you don't want to know, all you like to do is whining like a kid in a candy store.
    My advice, if you like to know about the projects, and follow their progress, you better check the RAZBAM facebook site.

Hank

Mark II

Jester,

OK, It's a deal. I'll buy the Mk. V, and hope you'll follow thru with a Mk. II.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    If you use facebook you should have had the answers months ago dude! But, as is this at least the second time you ask the above (though in two completely different threads), you finally prove your negative filled replies has no knowledge about the projects at all. Like you said, you don't know, you don't want to know, all you like to do is whining like a kid in a candy store.
    My advice, if you like to know about the projects, and follow their progress, you better check the RAZBAM facebook site.

Hank
    Whoa hold on there! There are plenty of people who DON'T use facebook! I am one of them. No need to go around insulting people because they might not know a thing or two.

How do you know he doesn't want to know? Just because he won't get a facebook account to know more about Razbam products?

Skyhawks mail does not strike me as being out of line but yours does - insulting people here because you don't agree with them should be a no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Whoa hold on there! There are plenty of people who DON'T use facebook! I am one of them.....
    Me too...

I'd rather get my information late on sim-outhouse, than mess around with facebook.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Members who have read this thread: 19