is this worth getting as older addon to the n

Thread: is this worth getting as older addon to the n

is this worth getting as older addon to the n

is this worth getting as older addon to the newer versions by bob/pat .... or no good............

SOH-CM-2020
    Hey rocketred,
    there's nothing wrong with the addon, if you can get it at the right price. I would install it as a stand-alone though, and only really for curiosity value. its got a two-bladed hurricane and a number of other oddities, like a hurri with rocket loadouts IIRC. Its also got a different but dated set of scenery textures, and some different airfield facilities like camo hangars.

I'd install it just for the missions, but I'd also add a lot of BoB era aircraft.

the thing is though, PatPs BoB add-on is the same thing on steroids. the ETO-like aircraft, the v 4 flight model of Pat's aircraft, and the lovely pits for the spit, hurri and emils mean that Pat's addon is like a more sophisticated, new generation version of the JF BoB addon. I just like to have the JF one as a bit of a "quaint" older version. Also IIRC Charlie's 1940 seems to go well with the JF aircraft because his spawns often called for the JF aircraft.

If you are a confident tinkerer there's lots to like about the old JF Bob, but flying in Pats version straight after is a whole new ballgame.

HTH,
    D

I still prefer their Spitfire mk1 to the current freeware versions, mainly to keep continuity with the later marks that we have as they are based on the same model. Otherwise, Clive's BoB is far more advanced and comprehensive.

You can always get the AH/JF MkI Spit separately. Shop around - I don't remember paying very much for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR