Payakan's FS9 Heinkel He115B-1 converted for CFS2 by Kelti! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Payakan's FS9 Heinkel He115B-1 converted for CFS2 by Kelti!

My 2 cents!

Thanks for bring this piece Kelti.
    I´ve added Virtual cockpit , perhaps u can add some dead gauges to the texture folder .
    In combat the VC is very important for the enemy track view mode.
    Cheers
    Mario

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

VC panel

Thank you Mario!

I'll see what I can do with it and, eventually, upload and update.

Cheers!
    KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Corrected readme and fileid.diz for proper soundset credits

A good day to everybody!

Please, find attached corrected readme.txt and fileid.diz files where I corrected the credits for the Arado Ar196 soundset.

Rami could you please edit, at your own convenience, the He115B-1 conversion pack and replace the old files with these? Thank you so much.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Files Attached Files

To Mario: this VC is above me!

Hi Mario,

I installed your model file, but I have a problem. As shown below, I keep seeing what looks like a smaller VC in 2d mode, where there should only be an external view.

Beside, the VC texture is like an infinite mirror repetition of the entire airplane textures. I have no idea how to map proper textures to a VC and, worse of all, if I don't have a trace where the VC gauges should be, I cannot go about trial-and-error to guess their place forever.

Since I never made use of VCs and I disactivated all of them in my CFS2 to gain better framerate, I am afraid this issue will have to picked up by someone here more qualified than me over this subject.

Thank you for you work anyway, perhaps you should start a new thread, dedicated to this VC project.

Cheers!
    KH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HE115_VC.jpg  

Is rare!

Hello Kelti , I dont know the reason why u cant see the vc. I show u my pics. Perhaps is something changed in your panel cfg.

Any way ill try to find out the mistake.
    Cheers
    Mario

Icon26

I ´ve maped the entire plane, and found the vc texture use the entire "MAIN_000" texture sheet (the vc uses in repeated way such sheet), so for the moment u only can use the files as i posted and should work.
    I dont know the way to coordinate other texture sheet to this vc view by scasm.
    Cheers
    Mario

Interesting, Mario.

What VC entries did you write in your panel.cfg? Could you post them?

I am asking you this, please, because I have no idea what to write under an empty [vcockpit0x] section in the panel.cfg. I am sorry, but I have no notion of SCASM of Gmax editing.
    The fact I have no VC entries explains why I have such a hideous 2d display.

This is also why I would need an approximate position for the gauges. The CFGEdit utility I use to edit 2d panels, shows me the 2d bitmap texture and where the gauge goes, while there is only a black, empty area for any VC entry.
    All the VCs I did, so far, had already a precise gauge location in the VC, I only replaced the existing ones, then switching back and forth to the aircraft VC in FF to check position and dimensions.

This is how I did it for MVG3d's M.C.205 series conversion and what I just did for the upcoming Quai's & D'Attomo's Fiat C.R.32 conversion.

Cheers!
    KH

Icon28

Hello Kelti!. See, i just used the panel as it was.
    What i did is simply to force the internal point of view of the model in virtual cockpit. For add working gauges we need vc model. And we dont have it. That was i said with "dead gauges".
    I believe was the B24 guy who could add a vc model to other no vc model by scasm way.
    cheers
    Mario

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Hello Kelti!. See, i just used the panel as it was.
    What i did is simply to force the internal point of view of the model in virtual cockpit. For add working gauges we need vc model. And we dont have it. That was i said with "dead gauges".
    I believe was the B24 guy who could add a vc model to other no vc model by scasm way.
    cheers
    Mario
    Thanks for your explanation, Mario!

Then I have a problem in my He115.........it figures!

I don't understand why, with the model and aircraft.cfg you attached here, in my CFS2 I see a piece of the VC while in 2d panel mode. As you can see the screenie I attached above, this partial VC view shows up in the glazed nose portion of the aircraft.

When I switch to VC mode, it does look like yours, but in 2d mode somehow the VC intrudes and shows up......

Cheers!
    KH

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Thanks for your explanation, Mario!

Then I have a problem in my He115.........it figures!

I don't understand why, with the model and aircraft.cfg you attached here, in my CFS2 I see a piece of the VC while in 2d panel mode. As you can see the screenie I attached above, this partial VC view shows up in the glazed nose portion of the aircraft.

When I switch to VC mode, it does look like yours, but in 2d mode somehow the VC intrudes and shows up......

Cheers!
    KH
    Kelti... at feet 0 this is what happen , u are right, but if u take off it will be ok! isnt your problem or mine, is normal , same happen with other models like IS4 models.
    Cheers
    Mario

Gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    Kelti... at feet 0 this is what happen , u are right, but if u take off it will be ok! isnt your problem or mine, is normal , same happen with other models like IS4 models.
    Cheers
    Mario
    OK, I got you!

Thanks for your assistance, now I understand. When I first saw a VC ghost in place of the bombardier, I did not take off, just exited FF. So you are correct, I took the shot at 0 altitude standing in the water.

As you said, I saw this happen with other models, not specifically with the VC but often, prop blurred disc and exhaust effects are displayed below 100' of altitude. Once the aircraft climbs above 100' they disappear.

The Fiat Cr.32 project Gius and I are working on behaves the same way. Prop and exhaust flames are visible at about the gunsight level in 2D mode and they disappear above 100'.

It's another one of those CFS2 unsolved mysteries.......

Cheers!
    KH

Members who have read this thread: 3