U.16 728B NAS Hal Far.zip

Thread: U.16 728B NAS Hal Far.zip

U.16 728B NAS Hal Far.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Skins

Description: This is a modification of the Default textures for Dave Garwoods Llandbedr Project AI U.16 Drone to represent U.16 WF716 of 728B Naval Air Squadron Stationed at RNAS Hal Far, Malta 1960.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit U.16 728B NAS Hal Far.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

SOH-CM-2023
    Are you sure its Dave Garwoods? I thought it was Rick Pipers. Not sure where its available from & I think it was only for AI use.
    I am still working on my own 'flyable by remote control' version.
    Keith

As promised the amendments to the files and credits have now been made many thanks to Keith for bringing it to my attention. BTW Keith the A/C was an AI aircraft packaged as part of 'The Ponds Skunkworks RAE Llanbedr Project'. However, I've found it to handle surprisingly well as a flyable A/C with little or no modifications.

Regards Hooky

Looks good but....

The readme file that came with it is for a helicopter!

This will work in its place.....

[fltsim.1]
    title=Gloster Meteor U16 728NAS
    sim=Gloster Meteor U16
    model=U16
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=728NAS
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    ui_typerole="Jet Fighter"
    ui_createdby="Rick Piper"
    visual_damage=1
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_id=800
    atc_airline=Air Force
    atc_flight_number=
    ui_manufacturer = Gloster
    ui_type = Meteor U.16
    ui_variation = U.16 unmanned Drone 728 NAS
    description=This is a modification of the Default textures for Dave Garwoods Llandbedr Project AI U.16 Drone to represent U.16 WF716 of 728B Naval Air Squadron Stationed at RNAS Hal Far, Malta 1960.

I resubmitted the file with a corrected README file earlier It may take a while to show up in the Library though but thanks again for the Heads up good sir!

Hooky:salute:

SOH-CM-2023
    Hooky,
    It was if I remember correctly a modification by Rick Piper of his Mk 7 Meteor & so should fly as such OK, but you should find that the VC is of his Mk7 & the instruments are upside down!
    My U16 that was in the same package was intended as AI as well, but it could be flown via the AGS display like the Jindivik. As I said I'm still plugging on with trying to make it react properly to the cockpit command supervisory panel as well as the AGS, but its a bit more difficult to do than the Jindivik getting the VC to show as well as the AGS - lots of .xml shenannigins!

Did you know that U16 WK800 (a part of the Boscombe Down Aviation Collection) has now been moved from Boscombe Down to Old Sarum & is now under cover? The attached picture might show you what I'm up against!!!
    KeithAttachment 78414

Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post
    Did you know that U16 WK800 (a part of the Boscombe Down Aviation Collection) has now been moved from Boscombe Down to Old Sarum & is now under cover? The attached picture might show you what I'm up against!!!
    Yes I saw that good that she's now undercover, though I was hoping to see a return to flight for that one, but fatigue life has apparently put paid to that Idea for the time being. Who knows maybe someday!

Good Luck with the Remote panel though, sounds really good

Hooky:salute:

SOH-CM-2023
    Correction to my previous statement that my U16 was included in the Llanbedr package - it wasn't - but it got pushed aside as Rick Piper finished his first. Ricks U16 is no longer available over at Britsim so maybe I've got to get weaving & finish mine or issue an AI version?
    As for fatigue life on WK800 - if I remember correctly it was calculated as being 97-98%, the biggest difficulty was the Derwents - they kept spitting magnesium from the velutes & what better versions were available cost the earth. It was WH453 that was over its fatigue limit & there were signs of wrinkling in the fwd transport joint area when it was retired - the spar bolts were on max dia also. It would seem though that she is being worked on to fly, so like most things resurrection seems possible.
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 2