Heads up! NAS Oceana scenery

Thread: Heads up! NAS Oceana scenery

Heads up! NAS Oceana scenery

That Stinstrom bloke does it again. Over at Avsim.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=171725

Ttfn

Pete

If it wasn't creepy, I'd swear I love that guy...

I hope he does Vance AFB.

A very nice job this one!
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Just wondering if anyone has tried installing this in FSX? I did a search for NAS Oceana on AVSIM and Flightsim.com. Only found a AFCAD improvement file. Simviation does have FSX Oceana scenery, but when I saw the version by John Stinstrom for FS9, I wanted to ask about porting to FSX. NC

I have it installed in FSX and it works fine. I believe I had to make a few exclusions or remove the FS9 trees and maybe adjust the MAIW AFCAD. I don't remember as it's been a year or so ago.

Long story short, it will work with FSX. I RON there quite frequently on my hops up and down the East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    I have it installed in FSX and it works fine. I believe I had to make a few exclusions or remove the FS9 trees and maybe adjust the MAIW AFCAD. I don't remember as it's been a year or so ago.

Long story short, it will work with FSX. I RON there quite frequently on my hops up and down the East Coast.
    In the past, modifications like you mentioned, have been applied to John Stinstrom's sceneries. He was contacted and asked for permission to upload for those wanting to use his creations in FSX, and as far as I know he has approved the requests. I will email John S., and ask if it's ok. Would you consider uploading your modified scenery, if J. Stinstrom says it's ok? NC

Sure. ADDED (HAD TO BE A TEN CHARACTER ANSWER)

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Sure. ADDED (HAD TO BE A TEN CHARACTER ANSWER)
    Heard back from J. Stinstrom. He said it would be just fine if you'd like to make any necessary changes, and upload the converted scenery for FSX. Also, if you want to PM me, I can put you in touch with him, as he volunteered to provide you with any original file textures that you might need. Thanks! Pete

Members who have read this thread: 46