PB4Y-2 Privateer WIP
Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: PB4Y-2 Privateer WIP

PB4Y-2 Privateer WIP

Ok well my original idea was to build a PB4Y-2 Privateer for FSX but this being my first time modelling and using gmax I will be making this for FS9 with possible update to FSX at a later date. This project is mainly to pay tribute to the airtanker crews all over past and present who put their lives on the line to save lives and property.

I have grown up around airtankers my whole life and recently began studying the 4Y in which Ive met alot of great people and even flown in (and got some stick time) the 4Y Tanker 121. Learning about this aircraft made me start searching for a flight sim model which there was only one. A military model from Wings of Power which was the military model complete with guns and everything which is not what I was looking for. So I decided to give modeling a go. Let me say that I am not a patient person sooo this was not easy. I have to admit I would have been lost in Gmax without the help of Milton Shupe! He has helped me along this whole project and I owe a big thank you to him!

This project has come along way since the begining and its getting alot closer to finishing. Id like to share some photos of the progress up to where we are today with this. I have started to lay down some textures so I hope you guys enjoy and I look forward to sharing this when the project is complete. Ill stop babbling now

Attachment 66553Attachment 66554Attachment 66555Attachment 66556Attachment 66557

Great progress TG!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Looks pretty sweet, can't wait to see the finished product.

Didn't known the tankers had a glass nose (should'a looked at your avatar pic closer) , that'd be a fun ride.

Blog Entries
    TG, that is magnificent!

Looking good!
    Some years ago when I lived in the Denver area I would watch these(and Neptune,Herc,DC-4)tankers at (then)Jeffco.
    Looking forward to flying this big colorful bird!

Joel

Oh my! That's beautiful! And just your first project? Amazing. I've been planning on re-installing Gmax and giving it another try. This gives me more incentive. Can't wait to try this one when it's done. Thanks!

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    Oh my! That's beautiful! And just your first project? Amazing. I've been planning on re-installing Gmax and giving it another try. This gives me more incentive. Can't wait to try this one when it's done. Thanks!

Pat
    You should patful. Unfortunately, I have deleted all the video tutes I did for Jeremy but if I can help in any way, let me know. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks everyone its been a fun learning process! I cant wait to get it done and start bombing the fires!

Great progress on the model! I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see one of these for FS9....

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Thanks BB686 if anyone has any pictures or anything they'd like to share I would appreciate it. It would help on the textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    You should patful. Unfortunately, I have deleted all the video tutes I did for Jeremy but if I can help in any way, let me know. :-)
    I found your C162 tutorial, thought that would be a good start. Just have to download all the pages, and I'm off. Really slowly. I dabbled with AD2K years ago, but Gmax just terrified me.

WOW! I like it!!!! I want it!!!!LOL!!!!!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    I found your C162 tutorial, thought that would be a good start. Just have to download all the pages, and I'm off. Really slowly. I dabbled with AD2K years ago, but Gmax just terrified me.
    Check your PM's.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    WOW! I like it!!!! I want it!!!!LOL!!!!!

Dave

LOL I like it too. The flight model is starting to shape up nicely as well. She takes off with her GW at 58,800 pounds full of retardant and 1600 gallons of fuel and flies really well, right to the performance numbers. Now to tweak all that lift to get a nice approach with only 28,000 pounds empty weight is a little bit of a challenge. :-) She has a really nice heavy feel loaded, in the air and on the ground, but very controllable. She doesn't mind a little rough landing either; swallows it right up. It's a fun project to do. Thanks to TG for allowing me to contribute.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Very nice, TG. Actually, for a first-timer it is excellent.

I have pix I took inside one that was being used to haul meat around So. America; not sure if it had a glass nose or faired over. That was back in the early sixties.

- h52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    Very nice, TG. Actually, for a first-timer it is excellent.

I have pix I took inside one that was being used to haul meat around So. America; not sure if it had a glass nose or faired over. That was back in the early sixties.

- h52
    Wow never heard about one being used like that. Id love to see the pics!

Worked on texturing some inside parts today

Attachment 66641

and some flap textures

Great looking work TG. Go man,go!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Amazing work going on in your hanger TG72!

She looks a real beauty in the making - very much looking forward to this one and so glad you're doing it for fs9.

Congratulations!
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Thanks for all the compliments :salute:

heres another from a flight this morning

really nice work there..!!! looking forward to flying, thanks :salute:

rgds
    t creed

Next up on the texture list. This will be Tanker 123, the reason I did this project. The crew and plane were lost 10yrs ago this July.:USA-flag:

- h52

Wow never heard about one being used like that. Id love to see the pics!

I don't know if I'll be able to "produce" -- they are 35 mm slides which I have not figured how to upload/post. Ideas?

- h52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Well, Ths certainly has my attention...

Looking forward to this.....

Members who have read this thread: 79