A2A P-51 IS HERE! - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A2A P-51 IS HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by arrowmaker View Post
    I haven't got this yet. As I already have a couple of the Warbirdsim packages I'm currently torn between getting this new P-51 or the RealAir Lancair. Funds only permit one new purchase, alas. So which one to buy first? Decisions, decisions...:isadizzy:. Anyway I have a question about the P-51. Will Jankees paints for the WoP2 version work with this new package?

I own em all and it comes down to what you think you will fly more often. Since getting the A2A I have not flown the Warbirdsim Stangs. I give the "you are there" edge to Realair thats oozing with sensory details but I am flying the A2a more often. Its just deeper systems wise"more buttons,switches,levers.... and besides I prefer the smell of old aluminum. The Realair is kinda like a modern mini P-51 with all the creature conforts and you have company. You know you will end up getting both so I suggest flipping a coin. Cannot lose either way so its win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Any chance of a "Blue" version of LOUIV (replacing the green with blue), grady?
    Attachment 67175Attachment 67174

Is this kind of what you had in mind, the warbird version?
    I was working on this with the green version still have to find a photo with the registry number clear enough to read and some other details should be done soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post

I was working on this with the green version still have to find a photo with the registry number clear enough to read and some other details should be done soon.
    There is a little mistake in the LOU IV. In wartimes the E2-C had ATHELENE on the right side of the fuse instead of LOU IV. ATHELENE was Col. Chistian's crew chief Pete Army's wife.

Secondly, the letters are larger in the original

Attachment 67202

Cheers
    Martin

Daube, really nice shots. Great eye and thanks for posting those. Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post

Yepper! That's the ticket and on the money, sir!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    There is a little mistake in the LOU IV. In wartimes the E2-C had ATHELENE on the right side of the fuse instead of LOU IV. ATHELENE was Col. Chistian's crew chief Pete Army's wife.

Secondly, the letters are larger in the original

Attachment 67202

Cheers
    Martin
    Hello Martin,
    <o></o>
    This plane looks gorgeous, and my comment is purely a matter of personal taste, not about the way you represent this plane. I don’t like the combination of blue and yellow so much (again, not your fault of course). Were there perhaps also Mustangs with similar blue colours but also with blue noses? And, perhaps even with full invasion stripes (wrapped around the fuselage and on both lower and upper wing)? I seem to remember that I once saw an illustration of such a plane but I can’t find it anymore. If you would ever make such a plane it would no doubt become a favourite of mine, and I hope I am not the only one.

Hello all.
    Sorry about the confusion but the repaint in question isn't the WW2 mustang 44-13410 but the rebuilt war surplus bird 44-15651 both named LouIV which crashed in 2007 and is currently being rebuilt.
    I was doing both paints at the same time since the markings and paint schemes were so close. Both paints are nearly finished just a few details (like the antiglare color on 44-15651 which I just now noticed was a different color LOL) to finsh up.
    Attachment 67313
    Attachment 67315Attachment 67316

check your tail number style also, I think they need to be a little larger and stretched a bit

Great repaint images gradyhappyg. Look forward to adding it to the hanger :ernae:

Stunning work from A2A here, the aircraft looks like a real treat.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

I have just about all the mustangs for FSX and, by no means is this meant as a put down to ANY previous versions, but this A2A release is the absolute dogs wottsits!!!

It is completely outstanding and had already provided me with many hours of immersion.

Huge congrats to ALL at A2A for this outstanding release!
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    I have just about all the mustangs for FSX and, by no means is this meant as a put down to ANY previous versions, but this A2A release is the absolute dogs wottsits!!!

It is completely outstanding and had already provided me with many hours of immersion.

Huge congrats to ALL at A2A for this outstanding release!
    Ok, so I broke down and bought it even with a hanger full of P51's. Totally agree, outstanding in all aspects. Why did I delay? All of the Accusim products have been outstanding.

Glad you are enjoying her guys.

Theres so many repaints now its awesome to see this from the community. Ive started to mess around to fs recorder, turns out I'm crap at trying to fly formation and even crappy at trying to cheart at it

Anyway heres my first attempt;

Nice shot, Lewis!

Here you go, my first attempt at painting this aircraft takes to the skies for its first flight:

a bit of background:
    P-51D-10 44-14402, OS-H 'Barbara', was flown by Capt Fred R. Haviland of the 357th FS/355th FG from Steeple Morden in november 1944. He claimed 6 aerial and 6 strafing victories before finishing his tour. 'Barbara' was then passed on to Lt. Sellers Hardee, who claimed a further 4 strafing kills, before making a crash landing with Barbara on 24 february 1945. Unfortunately, Lt Hardee died a few days later from his injuries sustained in the crash. More on Lt.Hardee can be found here.

there is still a bit of work to be done, and another fieldtrip coming up, so don't count on downloading this for at least 10 days, but you know it's coming...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

very nice painting, i like it!

:ernae:

enjoying the Paints People are doing :salute: As soon as i get back from Las Vegas Nv i am Going to fly some
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    enjoying the Paints People are doing :salute: As soon as i get back from Las Vegas Nv i am Going to fly some

This would be a sweet paint Job for The new P-51D

http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51...erial/44-84753
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

New repaint released - For the nostalgic among us.

I am sure this particular Mustang IV needs no introductions for quite a lot of us here. Anyone who has ever made a model kit as a boy will be thinking, "Matchbox" right now.

This is a repaint pack for the A2A Wings of Power 3 P-51D for FSX. It includes two versions of RAF Mustang IV, KM272 DooleyBird, flown by Flight Lieutenant A.S. Doley, No 19 Squadron 1945-1946. There is a very weathered dull finish as was typical of RAF Mustang IVs in late war Europe. Typically the RAF would paint their planes with metallic silver paint, they would not leave them in bare metal. As such they would not be very reflective. I have included a post war version of DooleyBird in this fashion. I have also included a more modern, highly reflective and quite clean version as would be typical of modern P-51D restorations on the Airshow circuit.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43693296/Do...WoP3_P-51D.zip

So many awesome repaints, love it!

Italian stangs for Italian sightseeing, Even took a joyride around the Swiss alps in a swiss stang the other day. Good stuff and I'm seeing loads of new FSX locations. Even default switzerland looks beautiful!

Lovely screens guys , hey Lewis , I have QV-X/KM118 by Barrie A F Clark 1979 hanging on my wall here <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

What version of the Mustang is the A2A version supposed to represent? Obviously P-51D variant, but is there a specific block it is modeled after (both systems and cockpit layout)? I apologize if this is in the manual. If it is, say so, and I'll find it! Haven't had a lot of time for FSX outside of checking the forums and taking a few screen shots lately! Great work on this one as always A2A. Thanks.

I thought I might as well upload it already, so now on OZx:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Hi ya JanKees , sweet .. spondully <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Wonderful Jan Kees, looking forward to more war-weary historically accurate representations of the P-51

While the 8th AF is usually well represented, any chance of some 9th or 15th AF skins?

Members who have read this thread: 283