AerMacchi C.202 FOLGORE; A possible port over?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AerMacchi C.202 FOLGORE; A possible port over?

AerMacchi C.202 FOLGORE; A possible port over?

AerMacchi C.202 FOLGORE (Lightning) http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...atid=6&id=5115

Just found this at flightsimDOTcom

FS2004/FSX AerMacchi C.202 Folgore
    [ Download | View ]

Name: c202_v01.zip Size: 64,800,417 Date: 12-28-2011
    FS2004/FSX AerMacchi C.202 Folgore (Lightning). The C.202 Folgore was a World War II fighter aircraft built by Macchi Aeronautica and operated by the Regia Aeronautica (Royal Italian Air Force). Considered one of the most beautiful fighters to fly with wartime Axis forces, the C202 was a development of the earlier C.200 Saetta, with a more powerful German Daimler-Benz DB 601 engine and with an extremely streamlined fuselage. Undoubtedly the best wartime fighter to serve in large numbers with the Regia Aeronautica,the Folgore operated on all fronts in which Italy was involved. The '202 went into service with the Regia Aeronautica in July 1941 and immediately proved to be an effective and deadly dogfighter. VC only. Gmax models and skins by Manuele Villa and Italianwings, flight dynamics by Manuele Villa and Kikko Zanaboni. It also works (tested) subject to some limitations within in FSX. By Manuele Villa/MVG3D.

Tried it yet?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Tried it, and it looks pretty darn good! Flies nice also. The only apparent issues I notice are the prop and the glass textures. Aside of that, Manuel did a great job!

Same here... prop and glass issues. Beautifully modeled inside and out.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Really darkening the prop alpha will help there but with glass if you over-darken the alpha it makes the glass disappear.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

The glass_t.bmp and vc need careful adjustment to achieve the right effect, which I will work on later.

SYSTEM :

What an excellent production, with as mentioned, a little prop and glass (inside and out) work to display more properly in FSX.

Some initial impressions after a few revisions to the prop and canopy glass.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

can someone post the corrections?

Yes please post the corrections. Thanks.

She's a beauty, isn't she ?
    I have downloaded it but haven't tested it yet. I hope somebody will make some repaints for her, because I don't really like that default one. It's not about the quality or anything like that, I just don't like this kind of painting, in the sim and in real life, no matter the plane

Another interesting thing to test would be the DX10 compatibility.

Yes, I know that most of the times, FS9 aircrafts are not showing any textures in DX10 mode in FSX. However, the previous plane made by Manuele (a bi-plane fighter, I can't remember the name) displays perfectly with the DX10 preview activated in the sim, so I was wondering about this one.

Seems like John has got the alphas just about right so perhaps you could attach the revised textures to a post please John?
    SYSTEM :

John has things looking nice. With the needed corrections, this will have turned out to be a very nice addition to FSX. Another thought, I can't imagine the amount of work it took to bring this model from CFS3 standards, to FS9 compatibility. It had to of been a chore. Manuele has always done fantastic work with whatever he puts his mind too.

A mention to all involved, Thank-You.

CREDITS:

Original CFS3 GMAX model by Pietro Zazzetta (Italianwings).
    CFS3/FS9 conversion, upgrades and models modifications by Manuele Villa.
    VC rebuild (where necessary) and all animations by Manuele Villa.
    Original External textures (Skins) by Manuele Villa.
    Original VC textures by Alessandro Biagi (Italianwings) & Manuele Villa.
    Paints by Manuele Villa.
    Paintkit by Manuele Villa.
    Prop textures by Bob Rivera.
    Flight dynamics by Manuele Villa & Kikko Zanaboni
    Sounds by Tim Dement (OBIO),Stefano Meneghini (PCMENEG) and Manuele Villa (MVG3D).
    Gauges: many of the Italian gauges in this panel were created from scratch or radically modified from freeware items by Manuele Villa and Stefano Meneghini (PCMENEG,really FANTASTIC His bullet counters !!!), other are MS default gauges and from Doug Dawson (dsd_xml_sound3.gau).Bitmaps for some gauges by A.Biagi(ItalianWings).
    Aircraft descriptions and history by Wikipedia,revised & updated by Umberto Sciacchetano and Manuele Villa.
    Translations by Umberto Sciacchetano.
    Color Profiles (in the paintkit use guide) by Angelo Brioschi.

SPECIAL THANKS To;
    Mr.Pietro Zazzetta & Mr.Alessandro Biagi (Italianwings), Mr.Kikko Zanaboni, Mr.S.Meneghini, Mr.Tim Dement, Mr.U.Sciacchetano, Mr.A.Brioschi and to my Greek friend Mr.N.Daskalakis for their precious help. A Very special thanks to ALL the Sim-Outhouse members for their support and suggestions.

Here are my revised versions of Manuelle's textures for the glass, internal and external, and the prop-blur texture, so that they display more properly in FSX. I re-drew the base prop-blur texture as well, so as to narrow the amount of yellow prop tip-surround, to be closer to the amount/size painted on the static prop blades.

For those installing this aircraft, just a friendly reminder to be sure to install it fully, meaning taking all of the files in the "Common Files" folder and putting them where they all need to go.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Thanks a bunch John for the fix!

Thanks John:ernae:
    SYSTEM :

Here is another alternate prop-blur texture (see attached), which is probably a much better fit than the one I had before, without having to modify each prop nose cone texture (and a better fit for those who prefer a faster shutter-speed ; ) ).

Thanks (again) John....

Huub

Thanks John for the fixes and Manuele & team for this fighter as well as Ole Boy for the HU to send me there in the first place...

Fleurdelys

Thanks John for alt version. I've produce a quick 10 minute video, but not with the alt version. I'm uploading to my channel... will be ready in a few hours or so. This is an impressive model, did some aerobatic moves and some flyby's and some floating camera moves, the usual stuff I do.

Videre Vincere Est
    Thanks Bomber_12th :salute:

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

No problem guys, I really didn't do much at all. I'm looking forward to the video, Ted!

Yeah this is great and John those shots are amazing mate, thanks alot! :salute:
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Hey John, nice work on the alt version. Did the video, before I saw this one. Oh well, 40% upload at the moment.

Members who have read this thread: 4