FS2004 Fairey Firefly AS 5 and Mk 6 - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FS2004 Fairey Firefly AS 5 and Mk 6

Overpowered Indeed

Ferry_vo,
    You are right, the A-1H air file makes it zoom (cruise at 20% power-yikes!). Grabed the air file as an 'interim' patch. Could sure use that air file you mentinoned ('Fs8 Aeroplane Heaven Firefly Mk.5'-unless it's payware). And I am looking into getting something closer to spec. Just too many things to do these days (sorry). I'll go back to previous FS versions which I have on CD as backup (after I tweak them). Have to dig them up. Cheers.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

PS: Will work on it in FS2004 FIRST, and then tweak for FSX later. Deal? Deal!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Of course .. no one explanation ... so it's help a lot
    I guess it's something to disable in the panel.cfg ....
    I 'fixed' it by disabling the [window02] section in the panel.cfg.. (The radiostack) Not a real fix but at least the beeping is gone!

Could sure use that air file you mentinoned ('Fs8 Aeroplane Heaven Firefly Mk.5'-unless it's payware).
    It's no longer available on the net, which is why I've sent a PM to Bazzar to ask his permission to post the files here.

You can still find the page here: http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/ahmem...cials_OLD3.htm but the download links are dead.

BTW just noticed that our own Henry did the airfiles for that aircraft!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Bazzar granted permission to share the FDE files, so here they are!
    Most comes from the AH Firefly, with lights and contact points copied over from Doug's Firefly.

Attachment 54986
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Hey Doug,

Thanks for the Firefly! Awesome work mate! This one stays in my hangar and will get plenty of stick time! Aeroplane Heaven (Bazzar) has done plenty of pilots with blinking eyes, but that you did it in your first plane is proof of your skill! Chapeau! I know what it takes to make somthing like this. Wow!

Cees

Thank You Cees! I'm glad you are enjoying her. Merry Christmas my friend.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I 'fixed' it by disabling the [window02] section in the panel.cfg.. (The radiostack) Not a real fix but at least the beeping is gone!
    Scott Thomas built that radio for me, I've have emailed him about the beep. I don't hear it on my comp. Perhaps it's possible to silence in the settings or assignments. Either way, I'll let everybody know what I hear from Scott.

Doug

Ferng,

Thanks again for such a wonderful aircraft. I've enjoyed flying it all over the Commonwealth. I'm going to try the Morse Code fix later today.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

There's a suggested fix for the radios in the FsX thread; will give it a try later.

Doug: Hope you don't mind us messing with your aircraft! Look at it this way: If we didn't like it, we wouldn't have bothered!

No not at all, there are many here more knowledgeable about such things than myself. I've done what might be considered a crash course in the whole process and I'm sure the model will only get better with everyone's tweaks. Actually, I'm grateful!

BDG textures

In case some of you messed up the " copy textures from BD-H to BD-G " part, here is a copy of my texture. BDG folder. Simply substitute this one for the original.

texture.BDG

Cheers

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Fnerg View Post
    Scott Thomas built that radio for me, I've have emailed him about the beep. I don't hear it on my comp. Perhaps it's possible to silence in the settings or assignments. Either way, I'll let everybody know what I hear from Scott.

Doug
    My solution: Open the Aircraft.cfg, and go to the radio section. Change Transponder.1= to 0.

--WH

I don't hear it on my comp. Perhaps it's possible to silence in the settings or assignments. Either way, I'll let everybody know what I hear from Scott.

Doug
    I dont hear the beep too Doug, its maybe one of the sound setting we have turned down to others that stops us hearing it
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga

For me, the beep only starts when I open the radio stack with Shift+3.

Thanks for the textures of the BDG model; it also solved the transparency issue with the wing pod.

Bazzar granted permission to share the FDE files, so here they are!
    Most comes from the AH Firefly, with lights and contact points copied over from Doug's Firefly.

Attachment 54986
    Ferry,

Flies much better with these! Had to copy the exits from the old one as well as wing fold and a few others. T copied in the tailhook but haven't been able to make that work. It's totally inop using the new aircraft and air files, even with the tailhook data from the original CFG file. Any ideas?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    Ferry,

Flies much better with these! Had to copy the exits from the old one as well as wing fold and a few others. T copied in the tailhook but haven't been able to make that work. It's totally inop using the new aircraft and air files, even with the tailhook data from the original CFG file. Any ideas?

Dave
    Thanks for reminding me about those wee details. However, the tail hook is operational on my bird using the shift+T command. Maybe yours got unstuck or something.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Add these lines to the bottom of the aircraft.cfg I posted to get the tailhook, exits and wingfold working:

[exits]
    number_of_exits=2
    exit_rate.0=0.4 ;Percent per second
    exit_rate.1=0.6 ;Percent per second

[folding_wings]
    wing_fold_system_type=4
    fold_rates=0.10,0.10

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length= 4.000 ;(feet)
    tailhook_position= -14.000, 0.000, -1.000 ;(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum
    cable_force_adjust=1.0

Add these lines to the bottom of the aircraft.cfg I posted to get the tailhook, exits and wingfold working:
    Got mine working too! I had pasted in revised values for the tailhook found in the FSX forum. I copied the section from the original file and it works! Thanks!

Dave

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks Fnerg for a brilliant Firefly

I've added Bazzar's FDE that Ferry posted and it flies great.

Thanks for all the work you put in and for the great times we're going to have flying this model. :salute: :salute:

Pete.

Fnerg --

The proof is in the responses here in the forums... and:

Fairey_Firefly_AS5_and_AS6_for_FS_2004.zip (FS 2004 Aircraft) (318 Hits)!!!!!

That's gotta be a record for an FS9 aircraft, given how long it's been in the library. Thanks again, for this beauty, mate.

BB686:USA-flag:

"El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Firely FDEs V2

Firefly FDEs V2

Well gang. I had a late session which yielded results. I think you will like how the Firefly MK.6 handles now. I made seperate FDEs for FS9 and FSX. The FSX seem 'sluggish'. Will look into that. The FS9 FDE are very good. No more running off the left edge of runway on take off. No need for negative pitch trim to fly level. Generally it is an improvement (99%?). You be the judge. I uploaded to Media Fire file hosting, and you may get a popup (ads) but that pays the rent. Hope it's ok. Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?x5455cbev8mr5n7 .

I did not read the previous posts (but I will), as I see there are other FDEs out there for MK.6 and I plan to download thm. Hey, I am not the only one out there with knowledge. But you might like my FDEs better (now). I admited they were 'path work'. The new ones are more like what the model should have been. I researched it. And, every model out there is different (size, scale, etc). I ran every 1 prop air and cfg I could find. Finally hit paydirt with an air file Jerry Beckwith air for CFS3 (imagine that) circa 2002 for a Spitfire Mk14E. And now you know the rest of the story..... (hehe). Enjoy.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Happy New Year

Okay, I'm there. Or should I say, this is how I've spent the last hour or so on Chrismas morning.

Napamule, your latest FDE is really nice. Good improvements while retaining realism. I did have to readjust all the settings for the shockwave lights and new effects, but it was worth the effort.

One last item I saw mentioned somewhere, but I didn't see a fix. The right pod on BDG turns transparent, so it appearently needs an alpha channel for the specific texture? Not sure. Has anyone come up with a fix for that?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas
    :ernae:
    --WH

It's suppose to be transparent. There is a camera behind the acrylic dome. The left tank is a fuel cell.

It's actually chrome, so the alpha can be adjusted to suit.
    Transparent or chrome? This is what confused me.

Transparent it is then.

Cheers

--WH

Thanks Ferry. Those code lines worked perfectly on my Firefly with the Aeroplane Heaven files.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Don't thank me Dave, but thank Doug and Henry! All I did was copy and paste the best parts of their work.

Members who have read this thread: 1