A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 90
Page 90 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40808283848586878889909192939495969798100 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Thank you Milton for both Harpoon and Lodestar! Elegant, big and beautiful old twin-engine birds. I like them!
    Only the Lodestar has the radio ( Nav/ADF ) issue. I've added stock C172 radio stack to put frequencies. ( I don't know if there's
    a fix for this bug. I haven't lot of time to read all in the forum). Thank you for these gifts!!!
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    To all who had a hand in this project: THANK YOU! It turned out great. Milton, thank you for the radio fix. I was kind of wondering what was wrong. I have worked up some FSX Views for the Lodestar and will post them below. Just copy and paste into your Aircraft.cfg below the General section.
    Thank you Sir; I'll add that to my FSX cfg.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Thank you Milton for both Harpoon and Lodestar! Elegant, big and beautiful old twin-engine birds. I like them!
    Only the Lodestar has the radio ( Nav/ADF ) issue. I've added stock C172 radio stack to put frequencies. ( I don't know if there's
    a fix for this bug. I haven't lot of time to read all in the forum). Thank you for these gifts!!!
    Thank you Sir.

Yes, the fix was posted earlier in post#2215 (and the download zip was updated in the library). You may also have to change the Electrical section Avionics bus entry as follows:

avionics_bus = 1, 10, 17
    To:
    avionics_bus = 0, 10, 17

and change the Radio section per the link.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post978359
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thank you Sir.

Yes, the fix was posted earlier in post#2215 (and the download zip was updated in the library). You may also have to change the Electrical section Avionics bus entry as follows:

avionics_bus = 1, 10, 17
    To:
    avionics_bus = 0, 10, 17

and change the Radio section per the link.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post978359
    Thank you for the support!!! I'll fix all ASAP.
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    Yes Milton,

Will probably still revert to the 'Beta' Lodestar air file as it still (to me and my set up) has a nicer feel.

Mal
    I agree with that. With the beta, I found the plane only nosed up drastically on the first flight, but with the new one it seems to always do that. There's also a slight problem with manual starting: Engine No 2 will not, no matter the mixture, throttle or other settings, start. No. 1 seems to start very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Maty12 View Post
    I agree with that. With the beta, I found the plane only nosed up drastically on the first flight, but with the new one it seems to always do that. There's also a slight problem with manual starting: Engine No 2 will not, no matter the mixture, throttle or other settings, start. No. 1 seems to start very easily.
    For engine starting, adjust the starter torque value in the Piston Engine section to your liking:

Here is an example of an increase:

normalized_starter_torque = 0.2

Take it higher or lower depending on your preference.

In FS9, manually starting requires you continually click the starter switch.

In FSX, that is very hard to do; you might wish to crank up the starter torque to .5 or .6

Sorry I do not have a gauge programmer to help out here. I do know with a 2D gauge, starting is no issue. The xml 3D switch that everyone prefers these days, well, this is what we get. :-)

As for the nose up issue, drop the gear and flaps as soon as possible and it should not be an issue.

Nose up after take off is normal if you use flaps (you shouldn't unless absolutely necessary-read the docs) but once you retract flaps and gear, she settles in as it should. This is normal behavior for this aircraft per the docs.

I may look at this further after vacation.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Enjoy your time off, Chief... you deserve it.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

For those who do not read all the thread details, I wanted to ensure that you got this scrape point change.
    The issue this morning was regarding scrape points around the tail wheel causing sparks when landing.

In the aircraft.cfg Contact point section, please replace point 7 with this line:

point.7 = 2, -33.5, 0, -0.0, 800, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 9

The issue was that the point was too low. This should work for you and still allow belly landings.

My apologies for the inconvenience.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just wonderful. Thanks to all

Milton, the nosing up issue isn't a simple "the aircraft is nosing up" issue. Instead, the gauges seem unaware of the plane's angle of attack, showing 0 climb with a nose up attitude. To better explain, these two were taken at the same time, with the game paused:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-09-06_00001.jpg   2015-09-06_00002.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Maty12 View Post
    Milton, the nosing up issue isn't a simple "the aircraft is nosing up" issue. Instead, the gauges seem unaware of the plane's angle of attack, showing 0 climb with a nose up attitude. To better explain, these two were taken at the same time, with the game paused:
    Hi Maty,

Looking at the speed you're flying (103 mph = 89.6 kts), while no flaps used and undercarriage retracted, I think it is not surprising that the Lodestar flies in a strong "nose up" attitude with the altimeter showing 0 climb. The speed is way too low, all lift has gone and the Lodestar is just about to stall.
    It seems to me that this is not related to the model/FDE, but to the way the plane is being flown and of course the weight of payload and fuel.
    During the entire test period I haven't experienced this kind of flight behaviour, nor with the Lodestar as released (v1.1).
    Just my two cents, of course.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Last edited by Maarten -; September 6th, 2015 at 10:23.

Thanks, it was great being part of the team. As Maarten said, if you keep your speed up it doesn't have much of a "nose up" issue.

Apologies for the scrape point problem, that was my fault. Thanks to Milton for correcting it.

I have finished all the other registrations for my paints and uploaded them to my website.

http://www.arpaints.causewaysystems.co.za/Lodestar.html
    www.arpaints.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Hi Maty,

Looking at the speed you're flying (103 mph = 89.6 kts), while no flaps used and undercarriage retracted, I think it is not surprising that the Lodestar flies in a strong "nose up" attitude with the altimeter showing 0 climb. The speed is way too low, all lift has gone and the Lodestar is just about to stall.
    It seems to me that this is not related to the model/FDE, but to the way the plane is being flown and of course the weight of payload and fuel.
    During the entire test period I haven't experienced this kind of flight behavior, nor with the Lodestar as released (v1.1).
    Just my two cents, of course.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    The plane maintained that altitude for over 30 minutes after the picture. Also, Milton, I believe the trouble with engine start is related to the boost bumps. I momentarily replaced the aircraft.cfg file for that of the beta and had no trouble starting.

I've got around 20 odd hours flying that plane and have never had that nose up attitude, are you leaning the mixture enough to have the engine power at cruise? I don't get any nose high attitude at all... in any stage of flight.

Prop RPM's set right? I find this one a joy to fly + like most of Milton's you can trim her out and let go of the controller and just watch her fly straight and level. Great short field performer as well!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre19 View Post
    I have finished all the other registrations for my paints and uploaded them to my website.

http://www.arpaints.causewaysystems.co.za/Lodestar.html
    Andre,

Nothing happens when I click on either one of the download links on the box website. I attempted to download different paints, all with the same result. in IE as well as Chrome.

Am I missing something?
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Plane seems to be behaving a bit less wild now, not sure why. Anyway, Milton, I tried adjusting the normalized_starter_torque, but all that changed was that now the left engine starts faster, while the right one still refuses to start.

Maty, in your screenie of the cockpit, the prop rpm gauge reads 1950 rpms with the mp gauge at 26" mp so it seems you had it at cruise settings, and was it with a full load of pax and fuel? You would need to use higher mp settings ( i.e. more throttle plus some more prop pitch) than that for a fully loaded aircraft.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Andre,

Nothing happens when I click on either one of the download links on the box website. I attempted to download different paints, all with the same result. in IE as well as Chrome.

Am I missing something?
    Hi Manfred

Please check the downloads again. I've just downloaded on another PC and it looks ok.
    www.arpaints.weebly.com

Thanks a lot, Andre! Great paints. (as usual)

Cheers,
    Maarten

Hi Maty,

I did two check flights this morning trying to stay as close to the situation (manifold pressure 26" and - inadvertedly - 1,850 rpm instead of 1,950 rpm, so even a bit less power) with the FS2004 Lodestar v1.1. (as released at SOH). The flightsim settings: realistic (= hard).
    I took off at a payload (incl. full tanks) of 18,771 lbs (= 271 lbs gross overweight).

With both engines 26" MAP at 1,850 rpm auto-lean, at 2,420 ft altitude, 0 ft climb and at 160mph (= 139.2 kts) the (slight) nose up pitch was only 3 degrees. A normal attitude for a taildragger (real world DC-3/C-47 shows the same attitude at cruise speed). The Lodestar felt in that situation absolutely stable.

Have you considered a re-install of the Lodestar?

Cheers,
    Maarten

Last edited by Maarten -; September 7th, 2015 at 04:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Hi Maty,
    Have you considered a re-install of the Lodestar?

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Just reinstalled, seems to be working fine now. Engines are also starting normally, but that might be 'cause I changed the location. Will do more tests.

Andre,

The downloads are working now.

Not sure what is different now from yesterday, but I am glad I can now add your great paints to the Lodestar.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I think Andre's schemes are already in the release pack

Hi Rachael,

There are many variations of Andre's release-pack paints (different registrations etc.) which he has available on his own site only. Must be over fifty paints. They represent the entire fleets of South African Airways, Comair, East African Airways and DETA in different liveries.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Members who have read this thread: 82