A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 81
Page 81 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3171737475767778798081828384858687888991 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I would love to be able to add the 'poon to my Lockheed hangar. I already have the Hudson, Super Electra and the Lodestar for FSAddon. Unfortunately in P3D V2.5 all the click spots have disappeared and therefore will not be in my hangar much to my disappointment.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    It was the WiP that I crashed... I'm still not used to FSX ground textures and didn't realize that I was trying to set down on an embankment until it was too late. (hey, from a distance, it looked like some flat ground just before the threshold & I was trying to land it like a DC-2 which I've been flying quite a bit lately) Note to self, keep some power on while coming in over the fence...

I've redone the Empire Express paint and have it up and going as a release version PV-2C now instead of the WiP D.

Uh, quick dumb question. On the civilian 2C, where are the upper gun port textures located? On the WiP, I just painted the nose and covered them up that way. With the release version, the ports are bare metal.

(also my Navy crew mods work fine with the release version and I'll include them in the upload as extra bits)
    Hmmm, not sure what happened there Willy. That map got hosed. Just redid it; will be in the first update.

They will be mapped in place so just paint over the holes assuming the blanks are there.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I would love to be able to add the 'poon to my Lockheed hangar. I already have the Hudson, Super Electra and the Lodestar for FSAddon. Unfortunately in P3D V2.5 all the click spots have disappeared and therefore will not be in my hangar much to my disappointment.
    Yes, can't do anything there to help you Sir. FS9 stuff will not work due to using the (from a P3D perspective) old deprecated xml syntax no longer supported in P3D after v1.4. Your only hope is that someone steps up to convert these models to FSX Native.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

If anyone has any issues to report, I will be finishing up some minor fixes over the weekend and hope to post them by Monday.

Meanwhile, it feels good to go Gold.

Thanks Matt Wynn (I think) for this rendering.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Not a huge problem, a pair of throttle quadrants and the accompanying buttons and a few shortcuts, I haven't touched any of the Harpoon's vc clickspots really in FSX... never do.

A big thank you for all who contributed to this lovely model!

The 19-10 over the Waddenzee.

The 19-10 crossing the dunes near the Wassenaarseslag (Something like 15km/10miles from my home.)

I don't know whether this movie was already posted before, but it shows the Harpoons arriving in the Netherlands. They were flown from the US to the Netherlands. I hope the link will work outside the Netherlands

http://www.beeldengeluid.nl/en/media...-op-valkenburg

Cheers,
    Huub

You are most welcome Huub; it is our pleasure Sir.

Thanks for posting the YouTube clip; that was great.

I hope you enjoy flying the PV-2, and look forward to the PV-1 Vega Ventura, or B-34
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Got a little distracted from the Canadian repaints...

N54549 (L-18-40 c/n 2008) was used as Transocean's company hack for a number of years into the mid-50s. TALOA is my go-to airline when I am flying in CalClassic's Calirfornia scenery. My paint mojo is back!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails taloa lodestar.jpg  

nice scheme on the Lodestar..looks nice..!!!

rgds
    t creed

Quote Originally Posted by t.creed View Post
    nice scheme on the Lodestar..looks nice..!!!

rgds
    t creed
    +1 Yes Sir! That looks great!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Not a huge problem, a pair of throttle quadrants and the accompanying buttons and a few shortcuts, I haven't touched any of the Harpoon's vc clickspots really in FSX... never do.
    Thankfully I have the CH Eclipse yoke as well as the throttle quadrant. I have things set up for elevator trim, rudder trim and aileron trim. On top of that on the yoke I also have a button programmed to start the engine and on the quadrant a button is assigned to start the engines, up for left engine and down for the right engine.

I have installed the Harpoon into P3D and will see how things work for me.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thankfully I have the CH Eclipse yoke as well as the throttle quadrant. I have things set up for elevator trim, rudder trim and aileron trim. On top of that on the yoke I also have a button programmed to start the engine and on the quadrant a button is assigned to start the engines, up for left engine and down for the right engine.

I have installed the Harpoon into P3D and will see how things work for me.
    Ah great! {fingers crossed}

Not sure what you can about the electrical switches ... may need to add a popup for that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

For those who would like it, especially P3D users, attached is a Panel folder update that adds a popup for the Electrical Panel to control batteries, pumps, lights, AP, etc.

Just unzip and add the folder contents to your Harpoon panel folder.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

A Lockheed "Rounder"

Wow, another great job from Milton and team SOH! Thanks guys!! and while I will be flying this for some time to come I am also still looking forward to thew PV-1!

I have been following this thread for quite some time.

Looking back, Milton and Co have taken this Lockheed family through quite an amazing transition.

This afternoon I finally managed to pull myself away from other commitments, and installed the Harpoon and Lodestar in FSX.

It was a a lot of fun flying them out of KCMW.

I only ran in to one problem; The navigation lights will only turn on when pressing the "L" key on the keyboard. flipping the switches in the vc, nor my physical switches on my home built panel turned on the lights. To make it even stranger, the switches in the cockpit do move from off to on and back, using the mouse clickspot, and when flipping my physical switches in my home built panel, The tooltips show the switches in either position.
    All other functions/switches are working fine

But that little hick up certainly did not take away any of the fun I had with these wonderful birds.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I have been following this thread for quite some time.

Looking back, Milton and Co have taken this Lockheed family through quite an amazing transition.

This afternoon I finally managed to pull myself away from other commitments, and installed the Harpoon and Lodestar in FSX.

It was a a lot of fun flying them out of KCMW.

I only ran in to one problem; The navigation lights will only turn on when pressing the "L" key on the keyboard. flipping the switches in the vc, nor my physical switches on my home built panel turned on the lights. To make it even stranger, the switches in the cockpit do move from off to on and back, using the mouse clickspot, and when flipping my physical switches in my home built panel, The tooltips show the switches in either position.
    All other functions/switches are working fine

But that little hick up certainly did not take away any of the fun I had with these wonderful birds.
    Hi Manfred3 :-)

Thank you for the comments and for the feedback.

It looks like I mis-coded the Lights section to "Recognition" instead of Nav lights.

Simply change the following two lines in the aircraft.cfg lights section:

[LIGHTS]
    // types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    // 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 8=Wing, 9=Logo, 10=Cabin
    light.0 =3, -1.278000, -36.752000, 3.664000, fx_navred //left wing
    light.1 =3, -1.278000, 36.752000, 3.664000, fx_navgre //right wing
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by wbuchart View Post
    Wow, another great job from Milton and team SOH! Thanks guys!! and while I will be flying this for some time to come I am also still looking forward to thew PV-1!

Thank you Sir; we have always appreciated your support. I hope you get many hours of pleasure in flying the PV-2's.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have modified the Electrical Panel popup for the FSX Harpoon and FSX Fire Tankers.

I moved the location top right and increased the popup size vertically.

The popup covers most of the electrical clickables in the VC for those who prefer a fast, simple electrical panel popup to get started, or for the P3D users who lose clickables at v2.4.

Magnetos, Starter, generators, boost pumps, amps/volt gauges, avionics switch, lights, pitot, and OAT are all included.

Simply unzip and place the contents of the folder in your FSX Only panel folders.
    Caution that the Fire Tanker setup is necessarily different than the regular Harpoon so do not get your hands crossed here.

This is an optional update of course.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Simply change the following two lines in the aircraft.cfg lights section:

[LIGHTS]
    light.0 =3, -1.278000, -36.752000, 3.664000, fx_navred //left wing
    light.1 =3, -1.278000, 36.752000, 3.664000, fx_navgre //right wing
    Thanks Milton,

That worked for the harpoon, but the Nav lights on the lodestar were way off.

So after some tinkering with the numbers I found this to be the closest as I could get without model details:

[LIGHTS]
    light.2 =3, -1.065000, -32.844000, 3.965000, fx_navred //left wing
    light.3 =3, -1.065000, 32.844000, 3.965000, fx_navgre //right wing

I also noticed that the light.1 and light.8 both assign the tail nav light, where 1 is white, and 8 is red. Is that to create a specific white/red glow?

Not sure if others saw the same light issue, but this seems to have worked for me. Can you tell me if the numbers I came up with are close enough to what they should be according to the model data.

Thanks again for proving such a joyful addition to my hangar.

Manfred

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Thanks Milton,

That worked for the harpoon, but the Nav lights on the lodestar were way off.

So after some tinkering with the numbers I found this to be the closest as I could get without model details:

[LIGHTS]
    light.2 =3, -1.065000, -32.844000, 3.965000, fx_navred //left wing
    light.3 =3, -1.065000, 32.844000, 3.965000, fx_navgre //right wing

I also noticed that the light.1 and light.8 both assign the tail nav light, where 1 is white, and 8 is red. Is that to create a specific white/red glow?

Not sure if others saw the same light issue, but this seems to have worked for me. Can you tell me if the numbers I came up with are close enough to what they should be according to the model data.

Thanks again for proving such a joyful addition to my hangar.

Manfred
    The Lodestar is a WIP so I have not adjusted lights yet.

See attached for tail lights; not sure all were like this; some were.

Light Positions //this is center of the lens, not necessarily where the light should be for best display

Beacon

-6.151, 0, 3.333

Wings

-1.076, +-32.693, 3.868

Tail

-34.940, 0, 3.317 top
    -34.940, 0, 3.093 bottom
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I should mention, since it does not seem obvious, that the Harpoons, Lodestars and Vega Ventura are all completely different aircraft and models. Lots of similarities, but totally different in fuselage and wing shapes, interiors, cockpits, etc. Very little will transfer from one model to the other when it comes to aircraft.cfg dimensions, mapping for textures, etc.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks for the numbers Milton,

I know the Lodestar is a WIP, just was not aware that the lights had not been touched yet.

I will work with the numbers for the tail lights, and post my results here if you would like them for when you get to the lights.

Again, thanks for all the hard work you and the team is putting in to these gems.

Btw, that tail wheel is in desperate need of some major TLC.

scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    Got a little distracted from the Canadian repaints...

N54549 (L-18-40 c/n 2008) was used as Transocean's company hack for a number of years into the mid-50s. TALOA is my go-to airline when I am flying in CalClassic's Calirfornia scenery. My paint mojo is back!
    Nice!! Great repaint congratulations! But, I'm permitted, is there not a logo of the company on the nose?

Best regards and great work again!

Just look at that fish... coming outta' the belly of that plane...

Wish I were a good enough modeler to be able to get my trusty ol' Harpoon to let go of hers. She's mighty proud of them you know.

It must have been a real thrill to fly these planes, low and slow over the ocean. Coming in close enough to a ship to let go of a torpedo and then veering off, hoping not to take a hit from a recoilless rifle round. On second thought... maybe it's not such a good idea to be picking fights with enemy destroyers... somewhere in the South Pacific.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

The usual practice for the Venturas and Harpoons flying out of Attu and attacking the Japanese on the Kurile Islands was to carry 4 500lb bombs instead of torpedoes.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Members who have read this thread: 82