A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 56
Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 646484950515253545556575859606162636466106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Quote Originally Posted by Bushi View Post
    Nigel's natural metal textures are jaw dropping!! Whether it's the Avia 57, the Xp-47... or now this....without a doubt the best I have EVER seen!!!!

Again, I have to say it... Nigel....you sir... are one of the Great Masters!

cheers
    Dave
    I tip my hat to anyone who can do realistic natural metal textures. I can slap on paint, but I cannot seem to create a presentable metal texture.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

PV-1 Vega Ventura Help

I am looking for better info on the PV-1 cockpit starboard side of pilot to help with modeling the area.
    I have only 3 pics and they are all different, and not good enough to model anything right of the pilot.

Does anyone have better pics or drawings of this area to assist with proper depiction of the single pilot Vega.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Milton, I have a very good 6x9 B&W of a standard production USN panel/center console which can also be found in the PV-1 in Action book. I need to have it digitized so I can sent it to you if you think it would help.

You can easily identify instruments and many switches from this photo. Let me know if you think you can use it and Ill get it to you.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Milton, I have a very good 6x9 B&W of a standard production USN panel/center console which can also be found in the PV-1 in Action book. I need to have it digitized so I can sent it to you if you think it would help.

You can easily identify instruments and many switches from this photo. Let me know if you think you can use it and Ill get it to you.
    That sounds great Duckie; I can use all the ref pictures I can find.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Check your email.
    Duckie

My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Hi,

just come across these...2 are from a plastic model, but seem to show how the cockpit was set out, with the swiveling yoke etc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cockpit Module, int.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	10924 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	air_hudson4.jpg 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	10925 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	td48500previewbg_1.jpg 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	10923

and found 2 more pics

Name:	cockpitofLockheedHudsons_zpsb9494768.jpg 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	10931

this last one is a bit untidy, but shows a view of the glasswork. The instrumentation is fairly basic; I think this is the non-IFR panel option.

Name:	nz2035cockpitShorty.jpg 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	10932

Andy.
    Last edited by lemonadedrinker; August 5th, 2014 at 04:24. Reason: found more pics

Thanks for all your input. Just for clarification, I have most everything I need in the cockpit now modeled, but what I lack is good reference material on what the face of this bomb/torpedo/munitions panel looks like from the pilot's perspective so it can be modeled and textured. This one seems elusive.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2016
    I live an hour from Attu Warrior. I can try to get some photos for you, but no guarantee of success.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    I live an hour from Attu Warrior. I can try to get some photos for you, but no guarantee of success.
    The ATTU Warrior is a Harpoon I believe and its cockpit is different.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2016
    Quite right, sorry. Oh well.
    I hope you're able to find what you need! I can't wait to fly these when they're done... as it now stands, your WIP Harpoons get most of my flying time these days... they're simply a delight to fly and I take them everywhere.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    Quite right, sorry. Oh well.
    I hope you're able to find what you need! I can't wait to fly these when they're done... as it now stands, your WIP Harpoons get most of my flying time these days... they're simply a delight to fly and I take them everywhere.
    Thank you Sir. We certainly appreciate your comments. It is great to hear that after the hours invested.

I put the final modeling touches on the Harpoon interior over the weekend (mapping of radio equipment in the radio/nav/radar areas) and sent that off to Nigel.

I have completed the exterior mapping of both the Lodestar L-18 and the PV-1 Vega Ventura.
    Since I will use some components of the Harpoon interior in the Vega, I must await confirmation from Nigel before completing the Vega interior modeling.

The interior modeling of the L-18 is done and ready for mapping as is the exterior. This is my current focus along with the C-57/C-60 Lodestar transports.
    I should get all that texture mapping done by next week.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Lockheed L-18 Mapping Done ...

minus one important part, the cockpit walls :-) Another couple of hours there to wrap it.

Finally got through the maze of the L-18 civilian interior and exterior misc. parts today after several days of mapping.

This will complete the commercial version of the L-18, the exteriors of the C-57 and C-60A military transports with some interior additions remaining for them.

In summary, the PV-1 Vega Ventura, the L-18, the C57 and C60A are all very close to paint shop ready now. That's good because I am going cross-eyed from mapping these last few weeks. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,

I was pretty excited when you started the Harpoon project. Now I'm beside myself with anticipation for the L-18/Ventura. You and your crew raise the bar with every project you do.

It's great that you are still investing so much of yourselves in FS9, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your efforts.

Keep up the good work!

PF

Quote Originally Posted by pfflyers View Post
    Hi Milton,

I was pretty excited when you started the Harpoon project. Now I'm beside myself with anticipation for the L-18/Ventura. You and your crew raise the bar with every project you do.

It's great that you are still investing so much of yourselves in FS9, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your efforts.

Keep up the good work!

PF
    Well thank you PF; it is indeed our pleasure to bring these simulations to fruition. Lots of work but it is creative fun. :-)

Hopefully Nigel can get freed up to finish the Harpoon before too much longer as the rest of the family will be here waiting. :-)

I just finished the cockpit walls and floor mapping but found a couple more items to map plus the Wright engine cowling for the variant before completing the L-18 and C-57/C60A exteriors.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Very exciting to see the progress so far...coming along very well. I do very much appreciate your efforts and also that of the crew who are helping in the Lockheed project.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    minus one important part, the cockpit walls :-) Another couple of hours there to wrap it.

Finally got through the maze of the L-18 civilian interior and exterior misc. parts today after several days of mapping.

This will complete the commercial version of the L-18, the exteriors of the C-57 and C-60A military transports with some interior additions remaining for them.

In summary, the PV-1 Vega Ventura, the L-18, the C57 and C60A are all very close to paint shop ready now. That's good because I am going cross-eyed from mapping these last few weeks. :-)
    Oh Milton, Sir! This looks fabulous and so promising! Once a metal sheet (by Sir Nigel?) has been laid over the L-18 series I can't wait to give her a KLM West Indies and a KNIL-ML (Dutch East Indies Army Air Force) livery. Exciting!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Blog Entries
    The L-18 is looking fabulous Milton. I join Pfflyers in expressing my deep appreciation of the time and hard work that you and Nigel have invested
    in these FS9 birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    I see that Taigh now has a Lodestar project going.

http://warbirdinformationexchange.or...hp?f=3&t=53838
    Oh Wow! Great news

I am still mapping those engines for the Wright cowlings; been a real bear and only half way done. :-/
    I may have to start over ... again.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Oh my goodness, these cowlings look indeed like hands full. Must be hard to look at them while mapping. I admire your patience and dedication, Milton. Awesome!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Oh my goodness, these cowlings look indeed like hands full. Must be hard to look at them while mapping. I admire your patience and dedication, Milton. Awesome!

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Thanks Maarten. Actually, it's not too bad but it can get complicated trying to lay it all out and get appropriate angles on all the rounded and recessed parts so they can be properly painted without stretching.
    The process and methods are important.

I did start over from scratch on these cowlings, exhaust rings, air and oil cooler intakes, nacelles and exhaust stack covers. The mapping also covers the main gear and tail gear parts and main gear light mounts.

Trying to keep things simple and similar, get all the angles, and make it easy for the texture artists is the goal.

Anyway, this set of nacelles are now properly mapped for textures and that wraps up the mapping for the Lodestar L-18 variants.

EDIT: Actually the other engines are more complicated but required less time. But of course I was less "crispy" when I did that set. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Maarten. Actually, it's not too bad but it can get complicated trying to lay it all out and get appropriate angles on all the rounded and recessed parts so they can be properly painted without stretching.
    The process and methods are important.

I did start over from scratch on these cowlings, exhaust rings, air and oil cooler intakes, nacelles and exhaust stack covers. The mapping also covers the main gear and tail gear parts and main gear light mounts.

Trying to keep things simple and similar, get all the angles, and make it easy for the texture artists is the goal.

Anyway, this set of nacelles are now properly mapped for textures and that wraps up the mapping for the Lodestar L-18 variants.

EDIT: Actually the other engines are more complicated but required less time. But of course I was less "crispy" when I did that set. :-)
    Awesome work Milton! Like that very much "without stretching".

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Capital work, Skipper!

Up for a gulp of fresh air here - with a cool breeze a blowin', rivits and panels now flowing amidships m'hearties.
    Visuals up here shortly.

Lots of work, but as Milton says; plenty of fun getting there!

Greetings to all!

Nigel
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Capital work, Skipper!

Up for a gulp of fresh air here - with a cool breeze a blowin', rivits and panels now flowing amidships m'hearties.
    Visuals up here shortly.

Lots of work, but as Milton says; plenty of fun getting there!

Greetings to all!

Nigel
    Like Delboy would say: Luvlyjobbly!!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Really good stuff here! M&N, inc.
    Duckie