A Lockheed "Rounder" - Page 97
Page 97 of 112 FirstFirst ... 47878990919293949596979899100101102103104105107 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2790

Thread: A Lockheed "Rounder"

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Hi Mark,

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Hi Mark,
    Thank you very much Mark!
    Regards
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Also wanted to give a "shout out" to Martial "Ferondoe" Feron for his paint scheme; very nice Marty; thank you.

You can get these textures here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=20259
    Will this work in FS9? Say yes! Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Will this work in FS9? Say yes! Please!
    The textures are in DDS DXT5 format for FSX and 2048, so no they will not work directly.
    They need to be converted to bmp then resized to 1024..

I converted mine to bmp and they work great in FS9.

I would be happy to share but need the okay from Marty first.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

The textures are in DDS DXT5 format for FSX and 2048, so no they will not work directly.
    They need to be converted to bmp then resized to 1024..

I converted mine to bmp and they work great in FS9.

I would be happy to share but need the okay from Marty first.
    Thanks Milton, I'll convert them this evening.

Thanks Milton, I'll convert them this evening.
    Just downloaded and there is a 1024x1024 set of dxt1 textures already included! Wow! Thank you so much Martial!

Just downloaded and there is a 1024x1024 set of dxt1 textures already included! Wow! Thank you so much Martial!
    Ah, yes, I remember now. The main exterior textures are 24 bit; need format change to show.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Marty has also added a set od 1024 textures for the Civilian L-18 NAC paint that he uploaded here. Just need to copy over the base textures from the L-18's texture folder I reckon. Still checking but I'll report back.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Just for clarification, I have consolidated all the Lodestar releases to one. All fixes, updates, upgrades, etc. have been rolled into the original release to clean up the library.

There are now only 3 entries: 1) FS9 only release, 2) FSX only release, and 3) the AI and MP release for both FS9 and FSX.

Hopefully this will simplify ones download experience.

I left the non-specular/non-reflective models alone for the now but I did include those models in the consolidated packages (zipped in the Docs folder). I will remove them from the library in a few days.

Shupe Library search link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=249&sort=d
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The sim crashed with Marty's 1024 repaint but I couldn't find any obvious textures in a non-FS9 format. Milton, if you could send me your working repaint I'd really appreciate it.

Sascha

The sim crashed with Marty's 1024 repaint but I couldn't find any obvious textures in a non-FS9 format. Milton, if you could send me your working repaint I'd really appreciate it.

Sascha
    The landinglight.DDS may have been the issue. There were 7-8 24-bit textures as well, and the winginner.bmp at 1024X512X24bit was hard to spot.

But, no problem Sasha; happy to help: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...exture.TAA.zip
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I find with the 2d panel view the panel doesn't completely fill to the edges of my screen. It's certainly not exclusive to this aircraft, many panels out there exhibit the same behavior. I haven't really explored why it occurs in the past because I don't use any of those panels. Is there a simple fix like maybe just extending the edges of the panel .bmp by a pixel or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I find with the 2d panel view the panel doesn't completely fill to the edges of my screen. It's certainly not exclusive to this aircraft, many panels out there exhibit the same behavior. I haven't really explored why it occurs in the past because I don't use any of those panels. Is there a simple fix like maybe just extending the edges of the panel .bmp by a pixel or two?
    I remember reading somewhere that this happens when the panel bitmap exceeds the 1024 x 768 dimensions, although I have not tested this theory. Also, anti-aliasing has to be active. I get this problem on quite a few panels - but not the defaults.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hi Mark; nice avatar :-)

In the panel.cfg at the very bottom you have this:

[Default View]
    X=0
    Y=0
    SIZE_X=8191
    SIZE_Y=6143

You can try tweaking the sizes here by a few pixels, one or two may do it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Graeme and Milton, thanks very much. I thought the solution shouldn't be too difficult. I'll tweak the panel.cfg
    Thanks for the avatar compliment Milton. Yes, I like it too. I made the livery for the aircraft and some other guy made the aircraft. I heard he is pretty good at making aircraft. You might want to download it and give it a try. It's an Aero Commander or something like that.

More seriously, thanks for all the great aircraft Milton!

Quick question, where is this antenna mount thingy on top of the nose in the texture map? I'd like to paint it green.

Having a few nose problems today.....

W

(Yes, it's Panair do Brasil, I did a Panagra a couple of days ago and figure on releasing them together)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lodestar nose.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

The landinglight.DDS may have been the issue. There were 7-8 24-bit textures as well, and the winginner.bmp at 1024X512X24bit was hard to spot.

But, no problem Sasha; happy to help: http://www.sim-outhouse.net/download...exture.TAA.zip
    Milton, you da man! Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Quick question, where is this antenna mount thingy on top of the nose in the texture map? I'd like to paint it green.

Having a few nose problems today.....

W

(Yes, it's Panair do Brasil, I did a Panagra a couple of days ago and figure on releasing them together)
    Willy,

That is one of many miscellaneous parts that is mapped to a general part of a common texture; sorry, you can't touch that. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Willy,
    I'm really looking forward to BOTH of those textures.

Bill

Panagra

Panair do Brasil

Now in the Warbirds Library here.

Please note the pic is the delivery paint scheme for the Panair. It's included as an extra to the regular Panair scheme.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Panair.jpg   L18 Panagra.jpg  

Very nice schemes Willy!
    Mark

Very nice work, Willy. I'm looking forward to add them to the fleet.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Very nice schemes Willy!
    Thanks I've got a few more in the pipeline. We're doing Lodestars from Alaska to southern Chile in our nightly online flights and we decided we need some more "southerly" paint schemes. Western Air Lines and Santa Fe Skyways are about 3/4 done each (although I messed up and totally trashed the Western rear fuselage bitmap earlier this afternoon and will have to redo it from the start) and Pan Am, TWA and Pacific Alaska should follow unless I get a wild hair on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Thanks I've got a few more in the pipeline. We're doing Lodestars from Alaska to southern Chile in our nightly online flights and we decided we need some more "southerly" paint schemes. Western Air Lines and Santa Fe Skyways are about 3/4 done each (although I messed up and totally trashed the Western rear fuselage bitmap earlier this afternoon and will have to redo it from the start) and Pan Am, TWA and Pacific Alaska should follow unless I get a wild hair on something else.
    Beautiful work my friend; no wild hairs allowed until done .... Sir. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Paints me likes (Yoda)
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

OUTSTANDING ... especially looking forward to the PAN AM skin,

Members who have read this thread: 82