Putting your ideas into FX!

Thread: Putting your ideas into FX!

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Putting your ideas into FX!

FXEditor

Attachment 49823Attachment 49824

Gentlemen, this has to be one of the most innovative tools I've had the pleasure of using.

FXEditor by that tireless developer; Arno Gerretsen. The editor is simplicity and plain logic itself. And it's freeware too.

Just point the editor once to your particular fs installation and, hey presto! load up any of your installed fx and SEE the effect in action in the editor's view screen. You can adjust any of the values and AUTOMATICALLY SEE the optical changes as they're made, including animation!

Couldn't be simpler. Go for it here! http://www.scenerydesign.org/development-releases/
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Found this last night, by accident, when using ModelConverterX (which is another brilliant tool by Arno, the man is a genius). I haven't had much time to look at it yet (kinda busy with something), but as Nigel says, looks like is is simple, elegant & soon to be indispensable. Thank you Mr Gerretsen. :salute:
    Andy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Found this last night, by accident, when using ModelConverterX (which is another brilliant tool by Arno, the man is a genius). I haven't had much time to look at it yet (kinda busy with something), but as Nigel says, looks like is is simple, elegant & soon to be indispensable. Thank you Mr Gerretsen. :salute:
    Well said; Thanks Arno!

Yep Andy, Its a cinch to get into; I was 'fiddling' within five minutes.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

I shall valiantly resist that feedline!

Arno's tools are expanding the horizons of this hobby, at least as far as I am concerned; and he continues to tweak, making them even better. It is people like him, giving their time, effort & skills so unselfishly, that make this a really fun hobby.
    Andy

Blog Entries
    I shall valiantly resist that feedline!

Arno's tools are expanding the horizons of this hobby, at least as far as I am concerned; and he continues to tweak, making them even better. It is people like him, giving their time, effort & skills so unselfishly, that make this a really fun hobby.
    :salute: Absolutely.

Talking tools, I can't for the life of me remember the name of the tool used for converting aircraft to scenery objects. Do me the honours Andy and give my old memory a jolt (been meaning to give it a whirl, just didn't have the time for distractions when it was mentioned).

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    :salute: Absolutely.

Talking tools, I can't for the life of me remember the name of the tool used for converting aircraft to scenery objects. Do me the honours Andy and give my old memory a jolt (been meaning to give it a whirl, just didn't have the time for distractions when it was mentioned).
    Static Aircraft .mdl Maker (SAMM) is the one you are thinking of.
    Andy

Blog Entries
    Static Aircraft .mdl Maker (SAMM) is the one you are thinking of.
    Cheers Andy.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "