CFS2 ETO, MTO, CBI, PTO, plus CFS2 Crimson Skies project
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CFS2 ETO, MTO, CBI, PTO, plus CFS2 Crimson Skies project

Lightbulb CFS2 ETO, MTO, CBI, PTO, plus CFS2 Crimson Skies project

Hi I'm Jed Dragon sort of new but i have my introduction to explain who I am on that page
    ok like I said in my introduction my plan is simple yet it will take a lot of work

ok my idea Is to take everything form CFS 1 & 3 to look and match CFS2 and remake the some of the aircraft no prob
    I do have a lot of resources to do this form whats been given out there most of this stuff will be a a game upgrade it will play run and feel like CFS2
    I wish I could explain but theirs a lot to cover

ok for the ETO sorry to say but it a complete remake I'm mostly use the same list of aircraft list form the games like CFS1, 3, but adding in and Jane's WW2 Fighters as well as remaking the missions and campaigns form those 3 games since CFS 1 will be set in the early stages of the war CFS 3 I will have to study the data and remake for the mid war and WW2F as well I have to study the mission late war set up :P

also I'm thinking of making a Western front based off the IL2 game but need to buy it so study it

MTO seeing no one really done it will be a new game as well as CBI this i need to do some real studying :P

PTO I'm gonna extend it for the early stage to the last atomic boob hits also gonna study the Australian expansion back and expanding it too

CFS2 Crimson Skies I plan to make some stuff up and actually study the game it will be the most original game ever

ok I would list the aircraft I would put in but it will be many so maybe later

also I would like to ask any one who can if you want to help me seeing this is a huge project to either join me of donate a plan model if any one has it for open sources seeing most of my resources is just textures,a few models form simviation and and games that I have fond I got I do got permission to Use the IL2 textures I fond on a site

last note everything I make will be open source in case I give up witch I won't but it will take forever and i do have a lot of other Big projects in mind

any this Jed dragon :salute: got any comment or questions let me know ok

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Exclamation Ambitious !

Quote Originally Posted by JEDDRAGON View Post
    ...Hi I'm Jed Dragon sort of new but i have my introduction to explain who I am on that page ok like I said in my introduction my plan is simple yet it will take a lot of work...
    Good Lord this kid has CONTAGIOUS ENERGY !!!!!

I'm intrigued and exhausted all at one time !

Welcome to the Basement,
    Jedd - Looking forward to your ideas and progress. :salute:

I DO have one question, tho....

Do you have any preliminary illustrations of the "
    last atomic boob" for us Old Timers to gawk at ?

SC
    "...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Quote Originally Posted by sc7500 View Post
    Good Lord this kid has CONTAGIOUS ENERGY !!!!!

I'm intrigued and exhausted all at one time !

Welcome to the Basement,
    Jedd - Looking forward to your ideas and progress. :salute:

I DO have one question, tho....

Do you have any preliminary illustrations of the "
    last atomic boob" for us Old Timers to gawk at ?

SC
    LOL Curse my bad spelling skills :P sorry I don't that I don't have any. yeah tend to be well known on others forums as a type-o expert XD

Reply...

Jed Dragon,

Yikes, and usually it's me who has a reputation of being ambitious. While I welcome the enthusiasm, much of the ETO and the MTO has undergone extensive modifications and updates in the last couple of years already. You may want to take a run through the new CFS2 library section and see what campaigns and missions are already available, not to mention scenery.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=14

I'm not discouraging you from doing whatever you can to help, by all means you are welcome!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

SOH-CM-2013

Question I Wonder If they put a Timing Prop on the Nipple...?

Quote Originally Posted by JEDDRAGON View Post
    ...LOL Curse my bad spelling skills :P sorry I don't that I don't have any....
    Not to worry, JD - I was just wondering if MAYBE Roosevelt had a 20 megaton Mammary Gland waiting in the wings to drop on Tokyo...

SC

...You were not alone on that one SC...

Jed, take Rami's advice and breathe in a little more CFS2 air before plunging into massive work. You'll find a lot of stuff to work with already, plus some pretty interesting groundwork done to set the table for whatever projects you decide to proceed with. What you want to do is exceed what's been done already, rather than merely duplicating it. As with anything, par duplications get few takers, but improvements will always get the larger following.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

SC.....I've got tears in my eyes

Everyone needs to laugh. I don't care if it was a spelling error. Just the visual image of a 20 megaton boob has brightened my day.

SOH-CM-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Worthless View Post
    ...Everyone needs to laugh. I don't care if it was a spelling error. Just the visual image of a 20 megaton boob has brightened my day...

...I wonder if they could put fins on something like that and make it a Guided Dumb Boob.....?

SC

I'v seen the CFS2 library before but gee I might have to rethink this a bit more then I was planing on remaking stuff that's closer to the look and feel of the CFS2 with a updated look as well make aircraft with damage textures but oh well I guess I could just make plans form Crimson Skis :P or I could make a "20 megaton Mammary Gland" now that you guys bring that up XD yeah not sure what to do then :P

been wanting to covert the stuff form CFS 3 mainly the planes with damage textures or build a plane with those textures :P oh well I figure it out then can you guys suggest any ideas of what you need just no 20 megaton boob <____< LOL

Hello Jed

Thre is a great deal available for CFS2, then there is also the FS98-2000-2002-2004 & some FSX that can be used.
    CFS2 & CFS3 as a general rule are not compatible, but there are some textures and some models that have been shared,
    the amount that can be done is obviously dependant on a persons resources & skills.

There are also a lot of old & very wise Gurus who started out on CFS and have moved onto the better detail/performance of the later programs.
    Those persons are generally still around - and if approached politely and respectfully can be of a great deal of assistance.

Are you interested in Crimson Skies ? If so another option might be the Luftwaffe 1946 scenario which can be also expanded to cover all of the
    prototypes and design studies & sketches that have been carried out over time some of which are very interesting to say the least - but it all depends upon what you want.

There have been a number of posts about expanding/upgrading CFS2 before - might be worthwhile asking Rami for links to them so you get a bit more background.

Love your enthusiasm - something we can all do with !!!!!!

I see thanks well I do have CFS1, 2, 3, FSX, Crimson Skies, Warbirds dogfights, Jane's WWII fighters so I got a lot of resources just need to make models to work with.

might as well ask Rami then I do need to see if any has the same goal as me for help then something

also I do want to ask this dose any have a J3P file exporter/importer plugin for milkshape I've been looking for it on the site the forum and even the maker seems like no link is working there

Luftwaffe 1946 scenario? I check it out then

BTW Have you guys seen this site? http://www.cfgse.calebflerk.com/index.htm

Library Staff
    Hi JEDDRAGON,

There are some older aircraft addons in CFS 2, especially in the European theatre, which are not multi LOD. Perhaps an update of these aircraft could be a project for you.

Once again, Rami, who is the master of missions over Europe, is the person to see.

Thanks very much for offer of help,

Kevin

This is me being entirely selfish, but I have a feeling I'm not the only person who woud be affected.

There is a severe lack of English heavies with decent detail AND good frame rates. There are good models of Halifax, Lancaster and Stirling out there but they can't really be used in large formations unless you have a very powerful set up.

The only solution so far has been to have a player aircraft and a seperate AI aircraft but this is far from ideal, and seeing as the American Heavies are covered well it should be able to be done

Oh, and a Wellington would be nice too! haha

Overhaul Idea

well you guys kind a said what I was going to do in the first place but I was planing on doing this form starch I do like a lot of model planes that most of the community has made that I would like to improve them if only I had their 3D model to work with in order to save work and time ok here is what I wanted to do I was gonna build and Overhaul a P-51D mustang model in gmax add CFS3 textures (also make damage textures) use CFS 1 for air file and mix some of flight dynamics,cfg what ever is compatible Form CFS3 and make 100 new well made MUSTANG that has the look and feel of the old game :P

but if I had the 3D model it would go a lot faster hell I can improve a lot of aircraft even those English heavies if I had the modelers files though but I need a lot permissions to do so. I would take any model that can be fixed this way but it has to be one version like give the Best P51D model you got or any that looks good but needs upgrading

what do you guys think?

Jed,

Every model you're inquiring about - British heavies and the P51D - was done by the former Alphasim, now known as Virtavia Ltd. They no longer build for CFS2, but their old archive including the CFS2 versions can be found here: http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/index.php

Since they've moved on from CFS2, perhaps you can contact someone in the organization in a clear and concise manner about getting source files. Remember, short and sweet...:salute:

SOH-CM-2013

Can't Resist.....

Quote Originally Posted by bearcat241 View Post
    ...Remember, short and sweet...:salute:
    At the risk of poking a Well-Known Bear here....

You are showing REMARKABLE Restraint, BC ....

Everything okay ?
    SC

I see I just checked it out and I can't find any link to their e-mail even Virtavia site is blocked saying that it's not a safe site to visit oh well I guess I might have to ask for a just any model of the P-51 to work by anyone who willing to give the source files for Gmax I think I can improve any model or just make one myself I need the practice anyway

PS oh wall if i can't get a model to improve I'll make one in short I'll start with what ever I do have I do got Gmax models of most of the plans
    form the websites lets see what i got

P-47D-25
    Ju88A 4
    Arado234
    B-24J
    B-25H
    Spit9T
    P21 Devastator (form crimson skies)

note form those i can remake any Variant like P-47N I know someone made these based off this Gmax SDK model but they need damage textures in order to be a bit better or I could ask them if the let have that model to improve

also I've been looking for some one who has the J3P plugin for milkshape I think I can use those files to convert the aircraft form Jane's WW2 fighters :P

Hello Jed

Check-out the source files at Simviation:-
    http://simviation.com/1/browse-Desig...ce+Files-103-0

and if you look down at the bottom of the following web-page you will find a source catalogue:-
    http://www.simviation.com/lair/cfs2kwextras.htm

Regards, Seagull V

LOL I didn't get those yet must off forgot XP thanks :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by sc7500 View Post
    You are showing REMARKABLE Restraint, BC .... Everything okay ?
    ...Ah c'mon man, i'm not that bad...Besides, i'd like to see the kid get his groove on...see how far we can go with this.

I've already done several months of work on the Alphasim P-51D flight model and on the FDG2 P-51B as part of the 354th FG Campaign development. IMHO, they are now as close to the real thing as CFS2's flight program model is going to allow. The panels and ordinance are also much improved and accurate.

However, both of these models need multi-lod help. The Alphasim aircraft model is spot on as far as accuracy goes, but it is not multi-lod at all. The FDG2 P-51B aircraft model has some flaws in accuracy of the nose and spinner, but it has some multi-lod. However, at 1000 feet viewing distance it goes to a simple triangle shape only, and the canopy and gear legs disappear much closer than that, which spoils the effect, really.

If these shortcomings could be addressed we would have truly superior P-51 models.

The Alphasim P-47s are much the same as the P-51D - great aircraft model accuracy, but no multi-lod at all.

The question is whether there is a way to add multi-lod to an existing model without having the source file to work with. If so, I ardently vote that this be Jeddragon's first project.

Attachment 48760Attachment 48761Attachment 48762
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    I've already done several months of work on the Alphasim P-51D flight model and on the FDG2 P-51B as part of the 354th FG Campaign development. IMHO, they are now as close to the real thing as CFS2's flight program model is going to allow. The panels and ordinance are also much improved and accurate.

However, both of these models need multi-lod help. The Alphasim aircraft model is spot on as far as accuracy goes, but it is not multi-lod at all. The FDG2 P-51B aircraft model has some flaws in accuracy of the nose and spinner, but it has some multi-lod. However, at 1000 feet viewing distance it goes to a simple triangle shape only, and the canopy and gear legs disappear much closer than that, which spoils the effect, really.

If these shortcomings could be addressed we would have truly superior P-51 models.

The Alphasim P-47s are much the same as the P-51D - great aircraft model accuracy, but no multi-lod at all.

The question is whether there is a way to add multi-lod to an existing model without having the source file to work with. If so, I ardently vote that this be Jeddragon's first project.

Attachment 48760Attachment 48761Attachment 48762

well I don't have anyway to do that but I do got model form another game called Jane's WW2 fighters not only dose it have the P51d model it also has the multi-lod models for it even the VC sadly I've been Looking for a Exporter/Importer file that can convert the files do DXF off of Milkshape some people use this
    to convert Flight Sim flies into this game has a mod sadly i can't find the blasted Exporter/Importer at all :P

the other method I got is just using a lesser model study the better model and improve it that way we have our own what I mean is those pics you have if i can use them like a 3-way view image or a reference image I can make the model fit that design or a better model :P I got a P-51d by Mike Crosthwaite I can just update it after words :P I was thinking of downgrading it to the B and A model as an example

BTW I mange to find there webmasters e-mail for that Exporter/Importer plugin hope I get a reply :P

also any of guys have the FW190A1, FW190A2 and the BF110C-1 by Michael Gurezka?

Here yer go fella....
    http://www.freeflightdesign.org/military.html

There's Michael's projects, also have a look around, lots to play with.

Good luck.......

Cheers

Shessi

Unhappy

thanks but sadly the FW190A1, FW190A2 and the BF110C-1 can't be download they seem to me missing the files or something :P

on second thought Never mind I found out why some there forgot to link them properly XD

BTW also have another prob the DXF files don't seem to translate well with cva converter v10 is there a better version out there?
    or is there a way to convert it better through Gmax?

" … showing REMARKABLE Restraint, BC" - big grin on that one, SC. Now what member was it that posted "so bite me"? Hmm … now let me think, tee-hee.

JEDDRADON - I don’t know the game in a broad sense the way some do here but your ambition is to be encouraged - my complements.

AC