MILVIZ Aviator Series F-15E Eagle Screenies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MILVIZ Aviator Series F-15E Eagle Screenies

MILVIZ Aviator Series F-15E Eagle Screenies

It's much easier to fly than the T-38, but the T-38 doesn't drop bombs and fire missiles like this one does.

Any idea when this will be released to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Any idea when this will be released to the public?

Nope. However, you win the "when will it be ready contest"!! Congrats!

What is the difference...

Granted I have been away from the flightline for a long time, the last picture shows a gray that is familiar but the dark ones are way dark. Even now with Nellis across town I haven't seen anything that dark. The E models have been darker than C but still only what I would call a medium gray. Just curious, what is the difference in paints shown?

Remember seeing the McDonnell F-15A demonstrator flying at RAF Bentwaters back about '74. That beautiful blue beast was an awesome performer. Would wish for a 'comemorative' paint in air superiority blue and factory markings. ( even if on a clean E ) If only I had a camera back then.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JAllen View Post
    Granted I have been away from the flightline for a long time, the last picture shows a gray that is familiar but the dark ones are way dark. Even now with Nellis across town I haven't seen anything that dark. The E models have been darker than C but still only what I would call a medium gray. Just curious, what is the difference in paints shown?

Remember seeing the McDonnell F-15A demonstrator flying at RAF Bentwaters back about '74. That beautiful blue beast was an awesome performer. Would wish for a 'comemorative' paint in air superiority blue and factory markings. ( even if on a clean E ) If only I had a camera back then.

Jim
    Yes Jim, the paint in the majority of above pics is darker than what most people are used to seeing. There is another thread at SOH about this model that pretty much covered everyones feelings on how dark it is. Don't worry, there are lighter paints to go along with this model. I just happen to like the darker paint, which is why my screenies are sporting the darker paint.

I would ask that people not get in a "lynching mood' just yet over the darker paint. I will post a few of the light skinned ones in a little while.

Jim
    Well, this is an old discussion. The screenshots shows the model with the colors that came with it. I am about to start the F-15E paint work, and I will pay much attention to the colors on the different liveries.

Gunnar van der Meeren

MSFS 2020 Standard/AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7-4.8 GHz/Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz 64GB/Asus GeForce RTX 3090 TUF OC gaming GDDR6X 24GB

Is this the Mesh Factory bird?

LOL... THAT is really funny.... in a word: no. That model, though good, is flawed. Ours, though flawed of course, like all 3d models of real aircraft, is far more accurate. I will not comment on the OTHER guys mesh.

Nice try though..

However, we have never, unlike the OTHER guys, used a model off of Turbosquid or from Meshfactory. I can point to two different cases where they have done this. You can tell, because there is no VC. The C-27J and now, the Sentinel. If you want the urls for those two, let me know.

The model was made by Oleg, painted external by Dmitriy and the VC painted by Nick.

As well, to reiterate one more time, the color is correct. I include here part of one of the textures. Please feel free to measure this against the FS color the F-15E is supposed to be.

Either way, as Gunnar says, they will be revised. Obviously, reality isn't as good as illusion!

thanks.

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Nice work!! Going to have to add this one to the hangar being a Cold War kid and all.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]

No No I wasn't trying to stir up anything. As you had stated others have done that in the past and claimed them as their own work. At one point it seemed as tho a few developers were going this route to get work done fast and selling before one who is building their own from the ground up could get it completed.

I just seen the post before me said "The screenshots shows the model with the colors that came with it" so it was kind of disappointing to think that was the case. Thanks for clarifying it.

He meant it was the way it was sent to him by me. :mixedsmi:

Even now with Nellis across town I haven't seen anything that dark.

Jim
    Here ya go.

Attachment 44494
    Digital photo from 2005
    Fresh new paint job too.
    Yes illusion is difficult to compare with reality. Pick a shade of color, the sun gives us a lot to chose from. Just note the contrast between the fin and the tail number.
    Just so you understand, I will fly it if it were Navy blue. LOL
    Sorry, not meaning to start anything, just thought the dark one was maybe a new USAF color scheme.
    End of story. Still friends?

Jim

Attachment 44494
    Digital photo from 2005
    Fresh new paint job too.
    Yes illusion is difficult to compare with reality. Pick a shade of color, the sun gives us a lot to chose from. Just note the contrast between the fin and the tail number.
    Just so you understand, I will fly it if it were Navy blue. LOL
    Sorry, not meaning to start anything, just thought the dark one was maybe a new USAF color scheme.
    End of story. Still friends?

Jim
    That's a very nice paint, no doubt, and still friends no doubt either. Over the 20 some odd years the E has been operated, there's no doubt been quite a few shades of gray to have graced her skin, too.

The C model has some pretty blue in it. Lol. I'll go make a screenie.

I have one of the C sitting there between the E and an F-16C. Pretty blue indeed. In fact the E looks a bit blue back then. I wonder if the colors had been changed, likely a couple times since that photo.

Jim

In my personal opinion, the 'dark' paint should stay as is:

Attachment 44496

These 'light' F-15E's we are seeing are simply freshly painted Mud Hens. I say we keep them 'dark', and if someone wants to make a repaint for today's Mud Hens, more power to them. The 'dark' has so much nostalgia from the first war in Iraq, I couldn't imagine not flying any other tone of blue.

Regards, Diego

Diego beat me to it, but here's the blue-ish C pics. I also agree with Diego on the dark gray. Although people have become used to seeing the lighter gray, there was a time when the gray was dark, and also a time when the plane was a dark green.

OK! I am not trying to repaint or coerce anyone to make a change. Please do not take that position. Diego, I agree wholeheartedly with you. Thank you for the picture.

So the answer to my question is: Yes Jim, the USAF is now painting F-15E a very dark color as shown in the screenies.

I got it! Thanks. AND I still love it!! Now back to practice in the T-38.

OK! I am not trying to repaint or coerce anyone to make a change. Please do not take that position. Diego, I agree wholeheartedly with you. Thank you for the picture.

So the answer to my question is: Yes Jim, the USAF is now painting F-15E a very dark color as shown in the screenies.

I got it! Thanks. AND I still love it!! Now back to practice in the T-38.
    Honestly Jim, I didn't interpret your inquiry as to the darkness of the gray as anything other than a question...certainly not coercian or pressure to change it either. I really don't think Diego meant to imply you were doing that either, at least his statement didn't read that way to me. As the screenies show, we have dark gray and light gray at this time, and when Gunnar is finished there's going to be numerous shades of who-knows-what-gray.

I don't think the AF is painting the E a dark gray these days, but they did paint them dark gray quite a few number of years ago. Originally, the E came with a very dark green.

Cheers.

I'm with Bone, saw no coerce in your post

Regards, Diego

Here are some from my Dawn Patrol over Alaska along with some other flights around there.

Maybe it's just the screenshot fidelity, but this one appears to have far more detail than the "other" Strike Eagle.

Nice screenies on the first page. The screeny series of the light gray paint look almost real to me.

Members who have read this thread: 1