Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Is this a complete new model or is it a reworked SimTech. What I mean is can I also use "Mortens" repaints with it ?

Greets
    Andi

I have the older Sim-Tech Do-335 on a back-up somewhere. I believe this model was re-worked for FS9 once before, but I'll bet this one is a new model, I watched the videos on the CR-1 website and the plane looks very impressive. Much smoother edges on the visual model and the paints are crystal clear. It doesn't have the "clunky" appearance that the older model had. One thing I'll say for the older plane... it was like a hot knife through warm butter on frame rates and Morten's repaints really brought alot of new life into the old bird.

I reckon it's for a worthy cause and they will accept any size donation. I'll probably take the plunge. I like the Do-335 Arrow anyway.

I just took "Version 2" up for a spin, definately a cleaner model than before, the canopy glass is clear instead of green tinted. There is no 2D panel, one could add one... I suppose. The VC is totally different, a big improvement over the older plane.. The prop textures are nicely done.... and, it's still just as slippery on the screen as it ever was. If you fancy flying the Do-335, this plane is definately a strong contender IMHO.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Re: Same

I have the sim-tech version myself. It's a huge file. it does have several liveries
    which is why it's so big.

Just donated for this one. Didn't realise you get all the add-ons they have for one donation!! I only donated for one plane, this one, which I already have the older version of. I don't feel bad as I will get no use of the FSX planes anyway and the Beech, I'm already well catered for.

Bit of a bargain for those that will get the use of all the planes, to be sure. Saying that, if I had realised this and I'd get the use of them I would've donated a more fitting amount.

I hope to high heavens these do not show up on pirate sites, that would be below the lowest of the low.

Jamie

Do the old liveries work with the new model?

--WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Do the old liveries work with the new model?

--WH
    I'm just installing it now to check, I only really bought it to donate a little, didn't rush to install, lol. From the readme it sounds like they will work, but that's just my impression, don't quote me.

will report back.

Jamie

They do work, just fine and dandy. You might want to replace the older prop blurs with the newer ones included with the latest Arrow.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Any changes to the flight model?
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Any changes to the flight model?
    updated airfile says the readme, old one included if you prefer, along with roll-backs for other changes.

The first thing I did was I re-did all of the sounds to a brand new set. Then I rebuilt a new air file. In the package you will see that I left some of the old files from the last edition of the DO335. They are in the extras folder. This is in case you don't like some of the changes I made. There are the old sounds, the old air file and the paint kit. I re-did most of the gauges with a new XML gauge suite that replaces the older C++ CFS2 style gauges. I retained the old C++ pop-up panels as they seemed to be fine as they were for now. The gauges are a mixture of Stock FS2004 and my own as well as a excellent landing gear, altitude and heading gauge set made by Karl Baur and team. I took out the old 2D panel but left in the headings in the panel configuration file so that if any designer wishes they may easily add in a new 2D panel.

Time to get this girl lit up!

Aircraft.cfg Entries:

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    light.0 = 3, -22.15, -22.77, 0.45, fx_shockwave_navred ,
    light.1 = 3, -22.15, 22.77, 0.45, fx_shockwave_navgre ,
    light.2 = 3, -17.79, 0.00, 3.90, fx_shockwave_navwhi,,
    light.3 = 1, -40.60, 0.00, 8.09, fx_shockwave_beacon ,
    light.4 = 1, -40.33, 0.00, -5.22, fx_shockwave_beacon ,
    light.5 = 4, -12.02, 0.24, 2.53, fx_shockwave_vclight,
    light.6 = 4, -12.02, 0.24, 2.03, fx_shockwave_vclight,
    light.7 = 5, -16.50, -14.11, -0.20, fx_Shockwave_landing_light,
    light.8 = 2, -22.15, -22.77, 0.45, fx_shockwave_strobe ,
    light.9 = 2, -22.15, 22.77, 0.45, fx_shockwave_strobe_2 ,

Panel.cfg Entries:

[Vcockpit01]
    gauge24=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1
    gauge25=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_taxi_gear, 1,1,1,1
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

As you've seen, it's all donationware so you can let your budget, scruples and needs have free reign. Those who feel it's a worthy thing can donate for each download, or you can have all that's available for one drop in the 'bucket' (still at whatever level you can afford).

If you choose the latter, just drop Tom a note via the "Contact" section of the website and he'll set you up with the required 'registration' info.

Yes, some folks have contributed minimal amounts, while others have been more than generous. The CR-1 folks thank all of you, as do the kids that will be helped by the donations to the hospital.

Rob

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Nice. New FM. Think I got to add the Do 335 to my RTWR hangar. (Somehow didn't like the handling of the original version).

What's the fuel capacity? Increased? Any external tanks?

Thanks.

I recently donated for this. I had bought their Beech 18 a while back and like it. Haven't had a chance to take the Do 335 out yet but one thing I didn't see is a manual. Did anybody see one? Maybe I missed it somehow. Not a huge deal, information about the plane is available online but just wondering.

Members who have read this thread: 1