Page 1 of 63 1234567891151 ... LastLast

Thread: F7F Tigercat SOH Project

F7F Tigercat SOH Project

A child is born ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I'd like to be a Godfather to your newborn Milton ... Beta testing or otherwhise ... just so happy you are modeling this Grumman beauty! Mike

Outstanding Milton. Great to see it come to life.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

members+
    Fighter Fanatic
    Ya see a Gmax simulated aircraft created my Milton and Crew take shape, it's like watchin' a child grow. :d

Please, show us progress shots here and there. I second what these gentlemen have said; I'm so glad to see another durable and venerable Grumman get the justice it deserves. As I said, I'm gonna fly the engines apart on this one.
    Taildragger Pilot

Keep on Flyin'

Ryzen 5 2600
    RX 580 8GB DDR5 OC Armor
    8 GB DDR4 2400
    Dedicated SSD for Win10
    Dedicated SSD for FSX:SE

SOH-CM-2020
    Milton ... you're my hero

Looking forward to the finished masterpiece

Pete.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

:ernae:

Milton,

Do any of your dimension specs give the inside width of the cockpit? Viewed head on she sure looks skinny, requiring a very thin pilot. Or perhaps its just an illusion.
    Thanks for starting this project.

SOH-CM-2024
    Milton, you're a charm! :ernae:

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Milton,

Do any of your dimension specs give the inside width of the cockpit? Viewed head on she sure looks skinny, requiring a very thin pilot. Or perhaps its just an illusion...
    Terry, the aircraft was first designed as a twin engined fighter, thus the very narrow front profile -- Google shall provide. Great choice Milton, git'er done!:salute:

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Hey thanks everyone. Will be happy to post progress shots as we move forward. The painstaking work now is just getting the fuselage body shape just right before moving on to the canopy and empennage.

Good news on the expansion side is we have a quality modeling volunteer to do the VC and the native FSX work. I'll let him announce that when the time comes.

Also, just wanted to post the original thread link here in case that falls to the bottom of things:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=35280
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

F7f tigercat

WOW just wait a sec while i pick myself up off the floor another great project :salute:

This is SUPER exciting to see!!! Thank you, Milton!!

Wow you've even got someone to make it FSX native. Awesome news!!! Since I saw the plane at EAA in 2007, I've really wanted one for FS. It is such a cool plane!

I'd also be honored to beta test this one when the time comes. (The FSX version)

:ernae:

Not sure if the F7F that Steve Hinton and his son fly on occasion is parked at KCNO or only visits on occasion. But as a member of the museum I might be able to get info or pics from the museum / airplane if need be.
    KCNO is only a few miles away from my home base and Flo's is always a good breakfast destination

Thanks for taking this on Milton...and like many others if you do need test pilots later on...I am willing and able.

Thanks again everyone. At this point we have lots of manuals and reference data and pictures to sort through, both exterior and interior including the rear cockpit of most models. Until we get in closer, I am not sure exactly what else we need but we really appreciate all the offers to get pictures. I am certain we will be calling on you for help at some point.

As for beta testers, we will open that up likely to those who participate in these F7F threads with an interest when the time comes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

An exciting time, I remember when the A26 was first brought forth!

Cheers: Tom

Glad to see you are taking the "Tiger Kitty" under your wing, Milton.:greenbo:

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    An exciting time, I remember when the A26 was first brought forth!

Cheers: Tom
    Tom,

Thank you for taking the time again to share your RW expertise in the flight model of this aircraft.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Glad to see you are taking the "Tiger Kitty" under your wing, Milton.:greenbo:

BB686:USA-flag:
    BB, well, I have been wanting to do this for a long time but the AT-11 has me held back for now. I will try to work both for a while and get the exterior model done so that someone else can start the interior model and folks can carry on while I am completing the AT-11. Thanks for your interest.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Hey thanks everyone. Will be happy to post progress shots as we move forward. The painstaking work now is just getting the fuselage body shape just right before moving on to the canopy and empennage.

Good news on the expansion side is we have a quality modeling volunteer to do the VC and the native FSX work. I'll let him announce that when the time comes.

Also, just wanted to post the original thread link here in case that falls to the bottom of things:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=35280
    Yea!!!! FSX Tigercat! Woohooooo!!!!!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Well, I have invested the last few days when I could getting the basic fuselage shape just right. Lots of manually pushing vertices to perfect the body before proceeding. Next up is the canopy and tail section.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Watching a master at work is just awe inspiring. Thank you for letting us look over your shoulder, so to speak.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Coming along nicely. I really appreciate the time invested into these works of art. I recently installed Milton's Beech D-18 that had been converted to FSX. It's another work of art and an absolute joy to fly.

Keep up the good work!