Hot Rods of the Sky

Thread: Hot Rods of the Sky

Hot Rods of the Sky

What aircraft can be called Hot Rod? I was thinking and I only get 1 in my head.

Jim Wright did replica but it crashed

Luckily Aerosoft have done good "replica" for FSX
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7k7vTinHJjI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7k7vTinHJjI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So what you think, what's Hod Rod of the Sky for you?

That isnt the 1st one that came to mind when I read your thread.

This was...

Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Yeah sure, I didn't even remember that :ernae:

...and I have Alphasims version of that

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    ... how 'bout these [2] beauties...

:ernae:

Nah, Hot Rods without pistons? H-1 is one I´d think of, Pitts S-12 maybe, too....
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

On Another Planet
    When I think of a Formula 1 car or something of the sort, I think of this

When I think of Nascar, this comes to mind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Charter Member 2011

yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Perhaps I'm biased, but for me there's only ever been one hot rod :ernae:

Charter Member 2015

X-15

[YOUTUBE]yk1KtY9bJWg[/YOUTUBE]
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Heh, I'd love to see a hardcore SR-71 simulator. Imagine those thrilling spy missions... without time compression... lol...

Yeah sitting there for 11 hours just monitoring the gauges and enduring refueling after refueling for a few short minutes over the collection area!

Still, it gives you a sense of geography :ernae:

Without doubt, the English Electric Lightning

I agree that aircraft like the H-1, GeeBee, and X-15, at least in my mind as well.

To me, when I think hot rod, I picture John Milner's '32 Ford. So with this in mind, I also see aircraft like the P-51B, F2G Super Corsair, and Rare Bear, as hot rods, because of the combination of styling and performance. As such I could also could group all of the Reno, Cleveland, Thompsan Trophy, and Schneider Trophy racers as individual aviation hot rods. The post-war Cleveland races especially saw some unique modifications made to aircraft like the P-38, P-63, and F2G.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

You guys are forgetting THE real hot rod of the skies, T-38 Talon, and I'm not saying this but the pilots who have been trained in it.

Jose.

Polikarpov I-16 Rata, with just flame pipes after the exhaust valves, as the commentator at Hahnweide said matchingly, it is an engine with a short fuselage and aileron racks....
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

dhazelgrove
    You'll not beat this anytime soon:

Quote Originally Posted by anatolpopov View Post
    Heck yeah! :ernae:

Like the offers thus far. This one's performance - and visual elegance - never ceases to impress me. It's my private, long distance, fast mover of choice . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0