FSX Help

Thread: FSX Help

FSX Help

Hi guy's, I've been out of the flight sim loop for a while. I first bought FSX when it was first released and installed it on my seriously outdated computer. End result, it would not run at all. So, I uninstalled and it sat on the book shelf for two and a half years. I just recently bought a machine that will run it and decided to install it again on my new rig. Installation and activation worked fine but after exiting the sim, there was no desktop icon to relaunch it(I did select the option for a desktop icon during installation). When going through start menu, programs, there is no entry for "microsoft games". However, I can go to my computer/c drive/program files/microsoft games, and all the FSX files are there. Anybody got any ideas? I've done a complete uninstall and reinstall with the same results

my specs by the way:

os - windows vista home premium 64 bit
    cpu - intel core i7 prossor 950
    ram - 9 gb ddr3
    video - nvidia geforce gtx 285 1024 mb

The icon is in the "Games" window of Vista start menu, if you want an icon on your desktop go to the FSX folder and right click on fsx.exe then choose send to -> desktop (create shortcut)....

Thanks Josquin, it was there all the time. I feel like such a dumba##......LOL. Don't know if I like vista yet.

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by mb71 View Post
    Thanks Josquin, it was there all the time. I feel like such a dumba##......LOL. Don't know if I like vista yet.
    Vista takes some getting used to and is a performance hog. To tweek it check out this site

http://www.speedyvista.com/tweaks.php

Members who have read this thread: 0