Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buzzbee Western Air Adventure to Argentina

Buzzbee Western Air Adventure to Argentina

Departing CYUL en route KLGA.

Takeoff Weight 89,222 lbs
    Payload 19800 lbs.
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Safe Arrival at KLGA

Safe landing at KLGA - Still needs to work on descent planning. Once again we ended up about 6 miles from the airport at 10,000 feet or so. Not too good.

Flight Time 1:28 - Fuel Used 3027 lbs.
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Departing KLGA Enroute to KDCA

After a short stop over, Western Air is moving on in the night towards D.C. The crew was given a refresher class on the ramp on proper descent planning and making an efficient approach that does not require bleeding off excess altitude.

Payload:20,000 LBS
    Fuel: 5,022 LBS

NIGHT FLIGHT in light Rain.
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Down Safe in D.C.

Western Air has a safe and successful hop over to D.C. from NYC

Flight time was 1:04 and fuel used was 2058 LBS

Descent planning was better, but landed a little long for the landing weight we were at and it took the rest of the runway to stop.
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Western Air to Demonstrate long range capability

This morning Western Airlines will be demonstrating their longer range capabilities by flying direct from KDCA to KMIA.

Payload: 20000
    Fuel: 13000
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Landed Safely at KMIA

Not the best descent planning, but the crew was a little distracted.

Landing Weight 88102
    Fuel Used 8117
    Time 3:49
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Western air en-route to Cuba. Management back west is really hoping we can bring some Cigars back

Departing KMIA for MUHA
    Takeoff Weight is 90151 pounds
    Payload 20000 pounds
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Safe landing in Havana

Was a bit hazy and hard to find the runway. We were a ways off the center line, but still close enough to get in without going around

Landing Weight: 88190.8
    Fuel Used 2196.7
    Flight Time 1:09.08
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Race Tracking aborted flight

There is an aborted leg showing up. Initially I took off without the duenna running, then I reset and took off with the Duenna and realized I had also reset my payload, so I aborted the leg and restarted with the correct payload.

Thanks!
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

That's fine Buzz.

(We wrote the Rules to allow just for this sort of happenstance. Any sort of goof up on the initial takeoff is to be reported but has no effect on the pilot's log. The philosophy here it to keep it all lighthearted...as opposed to the RTWR which is meant to invoke precision and intense concentration.)

You have done exactly the right thing. Thanks for showing how it is meant to be done.

-Mike
    -Mike

Western 929 enroute from MUHA to MKJP

Had a nice stay in Havana, but the brass has ordered us to push on and make as much progress as possible today.

Takeoff weight 89,201
    Payload 20,000 lbs
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Safe landing in Jamaica

that was a shorter runway with water at the end. Failed to manage the airspeed and floated down half the runway before I decided to go around. Next approach I was over the threshold just above the bottom of the white arc and had plenty of runway to spare.

Flight Time: 2:15.05
    Landing weight: 85034.2 lbs
    Fuel Used: -4139.4
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbee View Post
    that was a shorter runway with water at the end. Failed to manage the airspeed and floated down half the runway before I decided to go around. Next approach I was over the threshold just above the bottom of the white arc and had plenty of runway to spare.

Flight Time: 2:15.05
    Landing weight: 85034.2 lbs
    Fuel Used: -4139.4
    Pretty cool under pressure there buzz,,,,,

Thanks for shaking everybody up in Kingston as I'll be headed that way in a while and now the locals will be ready for the "salt_air show" when me and the Connie turn to final and hopefully land in one piece.

Happy flying!
    salt_air

Trying to beat National out of JA

Preparing for departure. We are carrying a couple of monkeys tonight and they are too excited for flight. We will delay departure for a few minutes while we see if we can get the monkeys to fall asleep

Management insists we carry a maximum payload event when considering the risk of landing heavy.

MKJP - TJIG

The flight is currently

takeoff weight 95,210
    Payload : 20,000
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

It's been over eight hours now since you departed Kingston. Do I need to alert the authorities to start a search and rescue mission?

Also, would it be a bad time to inform you that the National team is taking the day off today? :mixedsmi:

Uh-Oh

That was an interesting flight. The CAA is still investigating the cause. The captain may have been away from the controls when there was a loss of airspeed. The autopilot tried to keep the nose up, and teh airplane ended up in an unrecoverable stall and nosed down.

Witnesses say all engines were running. Too much airspeed built up, and the pilot must not have been able to pull out when the wings failed.

http://www.fsrtwrace.com/track/ShowF...4HnGmYpattIPp0
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Under way again MKJP - TJIG

Trying again

Payload 20,000
    Takeoff 95,210
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Down safe at TJIG

Data to follow.
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Flight from MKJP to TJIG

Here is the Duenna from my previous flight

Flight time 2:57.55
    Fuel Used 8576.0 lbs
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Heading to the West

Management has decided that we are going to head down the west coast of South America in an effort to develop routes from the Western US to Western South America and Argentina.

Departing TJIG for TNCC

Takeoff Weight 93,241 lbs
    Payload 20,000 lbs
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Safe Landing at TNCC

Good flight 2"07.54
    Fuel used 3758.6
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

The head stewardess was serving Gin and Tonics prior to our departure, so management has decided to take the shorter hop into Cartagena. There is some conflict about the airport destination. I only see SKCG in the flight planner and charts, but the race rules show SKVC which we can't find in our FS 9 charts so we are filing to SKCG.

Takeoff Weight 92100 lbs
    Payload 20,000 lbs
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Buzz, that looks right. A typo in the airport list.
    -Mike

Safe Landing SKCG

Landed safely at SKCG

Fuel Used - 3731 lbs
    Time - 1:59:10
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

departing SKCG to MPMG - Night Flight #3

Takeoff weight 89099
    payload 20000
    Buzzbee - TeamAVSIM

Members who have read this thread: 0