The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux. - Page 395

Thread: The Ongoing Mystery Aircraft Thread Part Deux.

Correct, of course, Walter, but sadly anonymous !

A V-tail taildragger. Cool! I knew Walter would have it.

Yes, and here's her big sister, G.C.A.3 Etabeta.....

SOH-CM-2023
    Sadly Wikipedia has failed me again, neither are listed in their Vee tail Wiki!
    Keith

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mike
    Thanks for the GCA-3 picture.
    There should be a law against not putting a registration on aircraft.
    Agreed, this one has no radial, not a tail wheel nor V-tail and is not a biplane. Hope those are not obstacles for you to give it a try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails allwhiteisnotthatbad.jpg  

The silence tells all, Walter - this one's a bit modern for me !

Made a stab at it, but my latest Jane's is 2003 and I suspect this is a lot later than that.........

Aeroplanes, like rock music, stopped in about 1980 for me...........

PS I think I can tell you it DOES have an MT Propeller !!!

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mike
    I think this one could be in the 2003/2005 JAWA. A first example flew 2002, albeit piston engine powered.
    Started by a company named Four Winds Aircraft Co (USA). Later marketed under banner of VX Aerospace.
    The aircraft in the pic is N748PG, designated as Model FX-210 and Allison/RR 250-B15G turbine.

Stronlgly advise you to expand your JAWA libary. Estimate 200-300 Sterling per issue, 2004-2015 thus
    11 x 300 only some £ 2 to 3,000+
    Or do as I do. I donot have any JAWA, but a good friend has. And it works!!

Your challenge, Sir

Hmm, no Four Winds or VX Aerospace in Aerofiles...... ?

Interesting thread here including a post from the guy who owns the company's assets and the one who was building the turboprop..

We're in danger of getting bogged down in GA-land here, but I know certain folk have weaknesses for butterfly tails and suchlike - here's another very neat one. (Give him a chance, Walter !)

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mike
    Thank you for the link. Remember reading about the freak accident.
    I know the V-butterfly-tailed toy. Famous designer. Will refrain from replying. The price is that I kindly ask you to PM the picture with the regisrtration showing

SOH-CM-2023

Nope... cannot find it with my limited resources!
    Keith

Arezzo (Italy) one of the beautiful tuscan hilltowns
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev One View Post

Nope... cannot find it with my limited resources!
    Keith
    The same goes for me....too modern for an old man....
    BG

Walter, it's all yours........

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    The BA-14 Starling from Sweden. Design <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Björn Andreasson, built by <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Malmö Forskning & Innovations AB.
    SE-KVF first flew 25 August 1988, engine Lycoming O-235-H2C engine.
    Info (in Swedish) on
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->http://forum3.sff.n.se/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1386
    (they also planned a floatplane variant!!)
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Standaardtabel; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:Standaardtabel; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Yes, a nice little machine. Please proceed......

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    This one more meets the criteria. Biplane, tail wheel, radial, open cockpits (once cover removed).
    But, era is a bit later

(hope it was not posted before)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails macftq.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    The designer/builder has the name of a famous WWI bomber and the name of the aircraft is carried by a famous WW1 fighter

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    My bad. The bomber was WW2, not WW1

There goes my Zeppelin-Stakken search down the tubes!

Well, hard as I tried, couldn't find the Mitchell Camel, or even the Lancaster Dolphin (actually relatively few WW1 fighters had names...)

But we'll settle for the Wellington Sport Mk1 Pup ???

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    There goes my Zeppelin-Stakken search down the tubes!
    Or a Handley-Page Brisfit........
    Keith

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries
    Hi Mike
    I have removed the 3 questionmarks. Your settlement is mutually accepted
    You have a high rate of solving mysteries. First Jack and now this.
    N2312C is the registration of the (Harry) Wellington Sport Mk-1 Pup, completed;flown 1966.
    Your turn.please

Sorry, chaps, I hate to do this, but I am going to have to declare Open House - we have eight hungry (and doubtless thirsty) American golfers about to descend on us tomorrow, so domestic and culinary duties call.

See you all later....

SOH-CM-2023
    Mike hope all goes well with your golfers...

Try this little Bipe....
    Keith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ac34.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    This is apparently the second version.........
    Keith

SOH-CM-2023
    Designer born in Argentina, but died in Bracknell (of all places). Racing driver also in his CV.
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 90