Video Question?

Thread: Video Question?

harleyman

Question Video Question?

I have been helping a friend of my wifes with her new computer...A question has come up that I have never seen discussed before that I can remember..

New computer..Onboard video card....

I had her install her old vid card into it and then drivers....

It worked fine for a while, then the graphics distorted....

Does the onboard video need turned off in the bios ???

If so does it say that in bios like sound does?

Thanks....

On Another Planet
    well on my old comp I had an onboard integrated gpu and I installed a 8800 gs and I didnt disable anything and it worked great. This comp was a bit old though. Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Should always turn off in bios even if it has the auto detect...and yes it will say onboard video

I have mine turned off and after reading lots of the horror stories on here, I think my computer behaves impecably, no issues with 18X NVidia drivers. So you can't go wrong by turning it off(IMO of course, but I am no computer wiz !!)

harleyman
    I think I will have her hunt thru the bios and find and disable it..

Its being done over the phone and she is not that adept at pooters..So it's been tough going to get this far..but she did put the card in herself....

Thanks for the answers...

Have the drivers for the onboard video been properly uninstalled ?
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

harleyman
    No...The drivers were not turned off...

Update...She just called and said that she bought a new 9800 and installed it and used driver cleaner to uninstall then she reinstalled from the disk and she says its all good now...

So I'm leaving well enough alone...She will call if it gets stupid I'm sure..LOL

Thanks

datter
    This woman has installed two graphic cards, plus sorted out the purchase of a new one on her own as well as having the wherewithal to use a driver cleaner when uninstalling drivers? I'd say she's better at computers than you are giving her credit for.

Glad she's sorted out, ask her if she can help me with my overclock.

harleyman
    I spent 2 hours on the phone with her last night step by step installing her old FX 5500 dead card it appears, downloading Driver Sweeper Cleaner, teaching her about Vista and finding her links to old drivers..Yada yada Yada....It was her first time..She did good..Then did it all on her own today,,so she listened and learned....Good Gal IMO:friday:

When we started she was scared to touch it...It was a brand new rig her husband bought her...LOl He was at work and refused to help her..Jerk....

Members who have read this thread: 0