How do i apply speed brakes on Dino's Goshawk

Thread: How do i apply speed brakes on Dino's Goshawk

How do i apply speed brakes on Dino's Goshawk

Hi, I´m learning to fly this lovely freeware AC.
    I have a problem though. I cant find the a lever or button for the speed brakes. So going slower is complicated.
    Can someone please help me out.

Should be assigned to the forward slash key on your keyboard. Mike

The default button for speed brakes is "/". Also, if you are at idle, you can slow down quickly with the F2 button for reverse thrust. (Sorry if you already knew this.)
    Ryan

if memory serves - you can apply the speed brakes incrementally - as opposed to all or nothing - by locating the thumb switch on the side of the HOTAS throttle in the VC using your mouse wheel
    it also works this way on the Tomcat by Dino - as it should...much better to control the vanes this way on carrier approach fo sho'
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thanks for the comments and help
    This with key combinations doesnt always work on non english keyboards.
    I found the little thumb switch on the Hotas. I fly with trackhat and its impossible to use that switch.
    But somehow I started thinking and its the same as spoilers, so in FSUIPC I mapped the spoiler to the mixture lever on my saitek throttle quadrant. So now its incremental and very good. Its a great aircraft. Is the speed brake used for landing like spoilers on passenger jets?
    I wouldnt have found out about the throttle lever if I hadnt posted. I would just have continued starring blindly on my screen. so thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejborn View Post
    Thanks for the comments and help
    This with key combinations doesnt always work on non english keyboards.
    I found the little thumb switch on the Hotas. I fly with trackhat and its impossible to use that switch.
    But somehow I started thinking and its the same as spoilers, so in FSUIPC I mapped the spoiler to the mixture lever on my saitek throttle quadrant. So now its incremental and very good. Its a great aircraft. Is the speed brake used for landing like spoilers on passenger jets?
    I wouldnt have found out about the throttle lever if I hadnt posted. I would just have continued starring blindly on my screen. so thanks a lot.
    check the youtube videos and you might see the various aircraft on final using just about all of the wiggley bits they've got to manage their collision with the deck.
    I use the brakes to establish correct airspeed for the deployment of flaps and gear on the downwind leg to the carrier...then on final I might skosh 'em out a bit to arrive over the fantail 'onspeed' as it were.
    also - since the airbrake causes you to approach with higher power settings if you have a wave off you already have enough energy to just pop the spoilers in and go around without as much sink rate as you might have with less thrust at that decision point
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thanks.
    At the moment I´m land based for learning but will go the sea later on in my process.

T-45's land both ashore and at sea with the boards (speedbrakes) out as heywooood mentioned and Dino modeled that pretty well at max trap and on-speed, your G-Hawk will be in the lower 90's on power!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0