QUESTION for reflective texture and alpha channe, lFS9.cfg

Thread: QUESTION for reflective texture and alpha channe, lFS9.cfg

QUESTION for reflective texture and alpha channe, lFS9.cfg

Hi everybody, Question: does anyone know the parameter in FS9.cfg, which makes it possible to make useful the envmap file, in the texture main folder, relative to the reflective effect of the textures of an aircraft, operational when it is equipped ?

In fact, I do tests and research ...

If it's a global issue, go to the main menu and Settings > Aircraft tab, end check that the Reflections box is checked, if it's already checked, you may need to enable reflective textures in your graphics card. You also need at least DirectX 9 for FS9 to display reflections. If it's just one plane, then it's a model issue. Model materials can either use alpha for reflections or transparency, but not both.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    If it's a global issue, go to the main menu and Settings > Aircraft tab, end check that the Reflections box is checked, if it's already checked, you may need to enable reflective textures in your graphics card. You also need at least DirectX 9 for FS9 to display reflections. If it's just one plane, then it's a model issue. Model materials can either use alpha for reflections or transparency, but not both.

Thank you Tom for your answer. It was global. The function that works with the envmap file has fallen. In fact I used CFS2 with the same computer, on a separate hard drive, and after that FS9.cfg found itself disturbed, also losing function keys. Fortunately I had several different backups of the FS9.cfg, I have repaired everything, but I am trying to understand this phenomenon. I tested it several times, with different aircrafts.... Disturbing, but not serious...No big worries... I'm just curious...

Members who have read this thread: 0