JustFlight HS 748 Propliner Released
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: JustFlight HS 748 Propliner Released

Blog Entries

JustFlight HS 748 Propliner Released

The new HS 748 Propliner is now available from JustFlight and it's a beauty:

http://www.justflight.com/product/hs-748-propliner<strike></strike>

Ian<strike></strike>

Her indoors is going to kill me but I live with fear every day!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

If the actual aircraft is a beauty or not can be discussed. :-) (these engines are huge)
    But I agree that the Justflight version looks very sharp and well done. That Mount Cook livery is really nice.

So has this release been tested and proven before going out on the market? I have learned to wait and sometimes month for bugs to be fixed. I´m on the waiting list for the BAC 1-11 for example.

We intend to release a demo of the 1-11 and HS 748 shortly to allow you to 'try before you buy'
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

The demo is a nice addition.
    That model looks quite cool I have to say. There are only two things I didn't like so much in the video:
    1- the engine start: these props start turning faster than a piston engine... not sure if it's supposed to be that fast...
    2- the canopy windows are milky. From the outside, the cockpit is supposed to look very dark, not very clear like in these shots.
    For comparison:

Hi ya Daube .. don't forget , your looking at a photo with a lense that will distort colour from a distance and ground heat swell and atmospheric conditions , that dose change the picture hugely.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The demo is a nice addition.
    That model looks quite cool I have to say. There are only two things I didn't like so much in the video:
    1- the engine start: these props start turning faster than a piston engine... not sure if it's supposed to be that fast...
    That video was posted before release and was created using a beta build. The prop animation at startup and shutdown has been slowed down since then.

A new video should be available soon.
    Martyn

Thanks for the head-up about the demos. I will wait patiently and try them when they are finished.
    I hope you wait with the 1-11 demo untill the autopilot has been fixed.

Yes, the 1-11 demo will be released following the update.
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Hi ya Daube .. don't forget , your looking at a photo with a lense that will distort colour from a distance and ground heat swell and atmospheric conditions , that dose change the picture hugely.
    Very valid remark indeed, it's an element that shouldn't be underestimated. Very often especially in very sunny weather, the camera lenses might produce an exagerated contrast that make the interior of the cockpit almost invisible, you're right.

However, I have spent a fair amount of time near and inside aiports watching real airplanes and I'm quite used to how it should look like.
    Such milky windows and clear interiors are not something you can see in real life... excepted by night, with interior flood lights on maybe

Since Daube has led us (yet again) straight into Nitpick County:

- Switch sounds?
    - Custom variable load/save functionality?
    - Working wipers?
    - Rain on windshield?
    - Engine damage?
    - VAS usage?

Have you asked Just Flight?

A visit to the product page actually answers some of those questions

http://www.justflight.com/product/hs-748-propliner
    ATB
    DaveB

Well, Martyn does hang out here, sooo...

But anyway, cross-checking with the feature list and eliminating wishful thinking, only the item dealing with VAS usage remains.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Patiently waiting to see the PK go up.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Bjoern - The product has switch sounds and working wipers, and we're not aware of any VAS issues.

Pat - The paint kit is available here: http://www.justflight.com/support/hs-748/274a31b
    Martyn

Thanks Martyn. Last time I checked a couple of days ago it hadn't been uploaded. Now I know where to look for them I just roll with the flow.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

We've just updated the paint kit to address a few issues reported on our forum. You can download the latest version from the same support page.
    Martyn

Hello Gentlemen,

I was wondering if someone who is great at aircraft.cfg files could maybe help me out? I seem to be getting no help from Just Flight!

I would like my F-12 key to work as my "top-down view" as per a lot of aircraft I have installed and many JF aircraft too. For some reason my F-12 key for this aircraft comes up with this view (see below)

What would I need to do in my aircraft.cfg file to make F-12 as "top-down view" please and remove this awful view?

Regards,
    Tim.

Tim,

F12 works fine with all my aircraft. Maybe it is something to do with your settings.

Cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Tim,

F12 works fine with all my aircraft. Maybe it is something to do with your settings.
    What settings are you talking about Pat could you please elaborate?

In the last few weeks I have installed a couple of JF aircraft (Meteor, PR-9, Dove) and the F-12 all work fine on those so why is this one different? I have uninstalled and reinstalled this aircraft a couple of times but it does not seem to fix the issue?

I am at a complete loss!?!

Cheers,
    Tim.

Could this entry in my .cfg file be the casue of my issue?

[CameraDefinition.006]
    Title = Passenger View
    Guid = {974EC0BD-A775-479b-8F9D-BE8D5ABFAD2A}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = False
    SnapPbhAdjust = SWIVEL
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = False
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.3
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=1.55, 0.45, -8.70
    InitialPbh=18, 0,90

If so...? How can I go about changing it so I get F-12 to work as "Top Down View"?

Any help is most welcomed because it is doing my head in!

Cheers,
    Tim.

A WIP but I have been convinced to get the paint pots out and splash a bit of paint around. This is an RAAF mid 90s Lo-Viz grey. Should be finished mid next week along with a RAN HS-748.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails a10-603.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

Members who have read this thread: 2