What is LWcfg.xml??

Thread: What is LWcfg.xml??

What is LWcfg.xml??

LWcfg.xml.
    This seems to causing a considerable amount of angst in the P3D community, not that I've seen it mentioned here.
    And it just re-spawns after removal, which then immediately crashes my P3D3.5 installation with the same error message and instruction that I've been following to no satisfactory end!!
    After running a search through most of the reputable FS forums it appears to be a right PITA with no solution that I'm aware of.
    Any thoughts or advice from the P3D Gurus???
    I'm reaching the point of nuking P3D which is sad, but at least FSX will load up and run.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

"Living World Settings": LWcfg.xml needs to be present. The error message is probably due to some form of "file corruption". If you simply delete the file, it'll re-spawn and continue to CTD.

Use the P3D v3 repair function to rewrite and repair the file and P3D should be ok.

plug_nickel

It does the same function in P3D as FSX as highlighted about its required maybe deleting your corrupt file and then doing a P3D repair

It determines what is used for the road, boat, and animal autogen/traffic

A belated 'thank you' for the information Team, tried the repair routine several times and the problem would not go away.....
    Fortunately the P3D4 update arrived and I started from ground zero.
    A right PITA reloading all my ORBX regions and scenery but stuff happens.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0