Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 12
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

But I agree glossy and shiny textures are much easier................

The sad thing about this repaint is that the owner (Dutch Dakota Association) is currently trying to sell this aircraft as they don't have the resources to keep it airworthy.....

V 3 MAAM non rebecca

Thanks YoYo for the Gray Maam Livery. I managed to incorporate it within V3 folders with out the Rebecca Gear (No Whiskers)

Thanks Gman for the black seats/interior

Another V3 Non Rebecca R4D

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Thanks YoYo for the Gray Maam Livery. I managed to incorporate it within V3 folders with out the Rebecca Gear (No Whiskers)

Thanks Gman for the black seats/interior
    Good to hear that You like it and finally converted it ! : )
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Mr. Terrell's post of favorites lit the fuse for...

WIP: Drag-Em-OOt

I made a special interior for this one, darkening the green to olive and using the black seats and quad. I deepened the color of the yoke and did a bunch of other tweaks. The real airplane has a black "stretch" seat cover, which I may take a stab at before I release the skin.

Quite a few small details yet to be tweaked for the exterior, but she's coming into focus.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

You've just saved me a job! As soon as I shook off this cough/cold, (Actually it's combination of Zika virus, Bird flu and something as yet undiscovered. But my wife thinks I'm exaggerating. )
    I was going to get stuck into it.

I never dreamed I'd pick you up on a paint, but the astrodome base should be brown as well. Sorry.

Cracking job!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Attwood View Post
    You've just saved me a job! As soon as I shook off this cough/cold, (Actually it's combination of Zika virus, Bird flu and something as yet undiscovered. But my wife thinks I'm exaggerating. )
    I was going to get stuck into it.

I never dreamed I'd pick you up on a paint, but the astrodome base should be brown as well. Sorry.

Cracking job!

Thanks Ron, that one will be added to the punch list.
    Thomas Jefferson

Gordo- Absolutely brilliant! We are so lucky to have this team (and all our repainters) share! I suppose it is our collective love for the old girl that inspires these lofty heights.

Ron- I believe in conquering such dangerous illnesses with lots of Scotch!

:-0

C

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

The sad thing about this repaint is that the owner (Dutch Dakota Association) is currently trying to sell this aircraft as they don't have the resources to keep it airworthy.....
    OMG! I can not believe my eyes. Memories, memories.

So sad to hear DDA is selling this beauty.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

The biggest problem for the repainters is matching the standards/quality of the VC.

....at least for me, anyway...

This 'aluminium grey' [that appears blue] is a pain ... not to appear plasticy. [if that's a word].

Edit....gonna call it quits with this one...

Changed everything ultimately....and now getting a passable 'flare' for the silver. Had a feeling most of those photos were picking up the sky blue in the paint...so dumbed it down to 175-175-180 instead.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A65-98-4.jpg   A65-98-2.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; August 10th, 2016 at 20:47.

Would anyone be interested in taking this one on? Representing Canada's oldest airline established in 1934, Austin operated a number of C-47's in their time. A rather unique scheme.

Last edited by fuzz1; August 10th, 2016 at 20:00.

Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    But I agree glossy and shiny textures are much easier................

--Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

I've found this interesting bird/livery:
    http://www.michaelprophet.com/News_a...oshootDC3.html
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    I've found this interesting bird/livery:
    http://www.michaelprophet.com/News_a...oshootDC3.html
    Was there a plane there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post

Why? Have you seen something else?
    The more you do, the less you dream

I didn't see any airplane either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colour me annoyed.
    There comes a time when you've done so many trials-and-error and you're on image reload No.78 between 4 alphas and 4 mains and the 16 iterations of PSP open...with the 6 DXTBmps.....and FSX idling in the background [with constant refreshes] and the system decides NOT to update the renewed saves....
    ....and you wonder why nothing appears to change much with your trialling-and-erroring.

Should have known....wasn't the first time.
    Here I am wondering why 'silver' was being such a pain on this plane.

Note to self....proggies benefit from reboots...

Edit.....now it's making sense...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A65-98-5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Gordo- Absolutely brilliant! We are so lucky to have this team (and all our repainters) share! I suppose it is our collective love for the old girl that inspires these lofty heights.

Ron- I believe in conquering such dangerous illnesses with lots of Scotch!

:-0

C
    Funny you should say that. I asked the doctor to prescribe a bottle for me. I got antibiotics instead. That doctor isn't up to speed with new, cutting edge treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I too would like a Southern livery for VVC bird. It's a very tasty scheme and I remember it fondly. As you say, it's a natural for the vintage CalClassic airports.

Please post where it can be downloaded when it's finished.

Thanks to all our cadre of talented repainters for their hard work!

Obie

Colour me annoyed.
    There comes a time when you've done so many trials-and-error and you're on image reload No.78 between 4 alphas and 4 mains and the 16 iterations of PSP open...with the 6 DXTBmps.....and FSX idling in the background [with constant refreshes] and the system decides NOT to update the renewed saves....
    ....and you wonder why nothing appears to change much with your trialling-and-erroring.

Should have known....wasn't the first time.
    Here I am wondering why 'silver' was being such a pain on this plane.

Note to self....proggies benefit from reboots...

Edit.....now it's making sense...

Why not use MCX for checking your adjustments. Its easier to reload the textures in MCX than having FSX running.
    Just a thought.....

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Alan strikes again!

Hi,
    after "Miss Virginia" something completly different - chipped colour, "Just Plane Exhausted", download at A2A forum.

Cheers, Thilo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-8-11_19-24-58-31.jpg  

SOH-CM-2021

Dave b.

I posted a rather long winded reply to your PM, but not sure whether you received it as I can find no trace in my message box.

Confused of Surrey.

Yesterday I watched again 'Air America'. Any repaint of this airline for V3?

DC-3 Lufthansa WIP

Couldn't resist to play with the paintkit.
    Very much WIP so...

Realy amazing freeware gem we got here

Christoph

Members who have read this thread: 17