Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 22
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12141516171819202122232425262728293032 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Maybe this will help

(Gimp saves the day!)
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

This is the next one on the go....gotta check what it looks like in full sun.....supposed to be very polished... and I'll flip a coin re the flag on the right side... VH-TMQ

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-TMQ-1.jpg  

This is a try for a repaint for version 3 of the Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta by Manfred Jahn in the colors of Breitling HB-IRJ

i am no repainter,so i use paint and some basic from Christoph Tīs lufthansa paint ,to try this.....thankīs Christoph!

if someone want to do better,or want to modify it.....if you upload it here,you are more than Welcome......

cheers
    Ralf

All these paints look so nice.

@Ralf: if you wish I could provide you the underground painting...
    The decals seem to be already in a good quality!!

I would love to make a flight with it over the alps....

Regards,

Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    This discussion was on the A2A forum I believe and someone posted a pics of Air Force 1.... pole to the front, both sides.

Military tradition states that the "Stars lead the way". They are always charging towards the enemy, not retreating.

CE-157 has been uploaded to SOH

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post

Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Killbilly View Post
    Maybe this will help

(Gimp saves the day!)
    Gimp lied!

This is 50794 and Flag is correct. Also a model of 792 showing different angles, notice the flag on the wing. More pics on the bottom of the main picture.

http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/gj...5a004.jpg.html

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Gimp lied!

This is 50794 and Flag is correct. Also a model of 792 showing different angles, notice the flag on the wing. More pics on the bottom of the main picture.

http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/gj...5a004.jpg.html
    To belabour the point...yes, the right side....starboard side...co-pilot's side can have a flag in either direction...depending on the 'preference' of depicting a trailing flag...or an emblem...but on the port side....left side...pilot's side...there will be NO TIME when a flag other than one with the 'pole end' facing to the front of the plane....the pointy end....where the pilot sits.... is ever acceptable.
    Either the flag will be depicted trailing the plane....pole-first...both sides....or depicted as stars on the left hand and stripes on the right...both sides.
    A simple Google of the US flag....the AUS flag...or any other asymetrical flag will show flags always depicted with the pole end to the left....even when no pole is shown. That is how an official emblem is depicted.

On the pilot's side of a plane the stripes will NEVER 'lead' the stars.

Don't forget also....if a flag is ever depicted the 'wrong' way round as in upside-down it has a different meaning...

Meanwhile...VH-TMQ is coming along..

Edit...
    Got that logo on the side done...had to draw it [as always]....and squeeze it in amongst door hinges.....but it came out OK...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-TMQ-2.jpg   VH-TMQ-3.jpg  
    Last edited by Jafo; August 25th, 2016 at 20:40.

I have a question about the Piedmont repaint (which I love, by the way). Although the nose of this plane is blue, when I see the nose from the cockpit, it is brown, not blue. Does anybody know why this is and how to fix it? I followed the instructions during installation. By the way, I am using the black cockpit if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph_T View Post
    All these paints look so nice.

@Ralf: if you wish I could provide you the underground painting...
    The decals seem to be already in a good quality!!

I would love to make a flight with it over the alps....

Regards,

Christoph

Thankīs.
    i have never use gimp,so next winter i give it a try,maybee i contact you then?

cheers
    Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by billhuntsman View Post
    I have a question about the Piedmont repaint (which I love, by the way). Although the nose of this plane is blue, when I see the nose from the cockpit, it is brown, not blue. Does anybody know why this is and how to fix it? I followed the instructions during installation. By the way, I am using the black cockpit if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,
    you need a repainted noseout.DDS in Piedmonttexturefolder

this i my i use https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...ew?usp=sharing

put this in Piedmonttexturefolder

Cheers
    Ralf

Shalom and greetings all extremely talented livery painters,

Would any of you please be kind enough to paint two Eastern liveries as seen below? One white livery and one super shiny livery for Eastern please

Thank you for any consideration any of you might have.

If you do not want to paint Eastern BUT BUT want to have FUN FUN painting a FUN livery, then may I suggest Virgin Islands International airway livery as seen on photos on bottom of this post, please

Regards,

Aharon

Look how super shiny it is

TO BE CONTINUED BELOW TO BE CONTINUED BELOW PLEASE

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    Hi Bill,
    you need a repainted noseout.DDS in Piedmonttexturefolder

this i my i use https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...ew?usp=sharing

put this in Piedmonttexturefolder

Cheers
    Ralf
    Thanks, Ralf. I'll give it a try.

Cheers
    Bill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Sticking with my favorite schemes. This one is for the pilots who like flying out Edwards.

Once this one is done it's back to the VARIG scheme I need to finish.

Joe
    Have not been doing any simming for a few months, so this is a nice surprise.

Thanks so much Joe for this scheme. I love anything of the old 50s and 60s NAC/S/A period out of Edwards/Dryden, so this is enormously appreciated. Ditto with your 088 USN model too.

Ranger - thanks for the CF version - that's one close to my heart for obvious reasons.

Many thanks for all these lovely schemes - and to Manfred et al for a great project.

dl

i have ad some new to the paint,and rework a little........

i have upload again,so please redownload it,if you want this new version..........i have test the download,it is the new one............
    cheers
    Ralf

So many nice repaints being posted here. I'd like to try my hand at a couple. Can anybody recommend a good tutorial for creating the specular textures?

VH-TMQ is done.
    Time to upload one or two...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-TMQ-Final.jpg  

Request for Livery

I am very much interested in the Israeli Air Force livery for this magnificent air craft.
    Can one of the very talented painters prepare such livery?
    Unfortunately the following pictures are the only pictures I could find of the real aircraft.

The following picture is for the correct colors reference:

A lot of thanks,
    HatulBitzot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2812149.jpg   1183366.jpg   dacota.jpg   14239.jpg   188822_800.jpg  

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by HatulBitzot View Post
    I am very much interested in the Israeli Air Force livery for this magnificent air craft.
    Can one of the very talented painters prepare such livery?
    Unfortunately the following pictures are the only pictures I could find of the real aircraft.
    A lot of thanks,
    HatulBitzot

I have a pic up in the beginning of this thread of the one in my booth. I'm still looking for the proper
    FONT used by the Israeli Air Force at this time. If you know where I might find it let me know and I
    will finish the paint.

And for those who have downloaded my NACA paint. I uploaded an update for it late last night and
    Rami was kind enough to merge into the original zip. This update fixes the NACA wing on the starboard
    side being reversed. I redid the alpha and the there are some small corrections to the paint itself.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    I'm still looking for the properFONT used by the Israeli Air Force at this time. If you know where I might find it let me know and Iwill finish the paint.
    I do not think they used Israeli air force words on C-47. However, if you want to use words, use same words found on Israeli air force 707s available on HJG website download center.

Here is example

PLEASE disregard my request for Virgin Islands international airline livery. I found it on SOH's official download center and exported it to version 3.12.

To moderators, can you please delete my post requesting for repaint for Virgin Islands international airline livery? I cannot find delete function for post. Thanks.

Thanks,

Aharon

Thanks JK for the SNAFU, In order to have the paratrooper panel, I had to add the file panel_3.dds, It was then that I could see the Red/Green toggle switches in the overhead panel.

The stripes on/under the wings look to be green. In my attached they look white.

Last edited by gray eagle; August 27th, 2016 at 08:05.

Font for IAF livery

Dear Joe
    I checked all the fonts I have in my computer and couldn't find exactly the font that IAF used for the aircraft number (038). I found two fonts which are similar but not exact (Agency FB and Quartz).
    I think that there is no computerized font for this. Probably some artist painted the original characters on the airplane.
    Please find enclosed a picture of the fonts I found (From MS Word) and pictures from the Air Force museum of that plane. There are only numbers on it and no words.
    The lower aircraft at the picture sent by Aharon is for a civilian aircraft used temporarily for a short time by the air force during the 1956 operation of Israel, the UK and France. The regular C-47 planes are as in the pictures I sent.
    I appreciate your efforts to complete this livery and I am sure that once it is completed many SIM users will enjoy it very much.

Thanks again,

HatulBitzot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Font.jpg   IAF-2014-Museum_0059a-DC3-Dakota-pic1.jpg   m0263.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 17