Wanted: Good high power search light effect

Thread: Wanted: Good high power search light effect

Wanted: Good high power search light effect

I want replace the searchlight spot light on the Virtavia Marlin. I've tried various landing lights, which have a capability I want, which is to cast a beam of light. However, I am looking for something a bit more powerful and would like to angle it downward to a degree so it can search the water surface. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I want replace the searchlight spot light on the Virtavia Marlin. I've tried various landing lights, which have a capability I want, which is to cast a beam of light. However, I am looking for something a bit more powerful and would like to angle it downward to a degree so it can search the water surface. Any ideas?

Come on guys... no ideas? please?

A2A Shockwave 3D lights offer a landing light for a helicopter that offer three positions, 90 straight, 45 degrees downward and I think 30 degrees downward. I remember the choices were during setup. Since the app allows you to place them anywhere on an aircraft, maybe that could work.

Clutch

The only powerfull lightbeam I know about in freeware is the one which is embedded in that luxury boat addon.
    You can find more details in that topic: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...g-light-effect
    Perhaps you can edit that effect to change the angle of the beam ?
    It's just a 3D beam though. It does not illuminate the ground. But seeing the ground through the beam makes it look clearer, as if it were illuminated, kind of :P

Here is how it looks like by default, when I attached it in the front of the Merlin:

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The only powerfull lightbeam I know about in freeware is the one which is embedded in that luxury boat addon.
    You can find more details in that topic: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...g-light-effect
    Perhaps you can edit that effect to change the angle of the beam ?
    It's just a 3D beam though. It does not illuminate the ground. But seeing the ground through the beam makes it look clearer, as if it were illuminated, kind of :P

Here is how it looks like by default, when I attached it in the front of the Merlin:

Awesome. This is EXACTLY what Im looking for.

If anybody does decide to use the light beam from the sirrocco yacht, (as I did) this is the proper alignment for it on the Virtavia Marlin

light.7 = 9, -0.74, 55.95, 10.51, fx_siroccogtx2_reflectors ; search light

Members who have read this thread: 0