Some C-47 V3 Feedback - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some C-47 V3 Feedback

Sorry for the cross-post, yet i fear it will be become snowed under in the original post.

Original post:
    =========

Started on my first repaint, of the ZU-8 VIP livery of the RNLAF. These have anti-glare black painted on the inside of there engines, there i ran into a mapping problem.

Don't know how easy this is to fix?

Regards,

Marcel

PS
    Just find out that the cowl-flaps are also mapped in a way you can not make a different inside and outside repaint of the engines. Hope this also can be fixed, else i've to become very creative with this repaint ;-)

I think the tailwheel issue is probably sim rather than model related. I fly in P3Dv3.3.5 also and can't replicate this. The fact that reloading the aircraft fixed it indicates to me that the sim itself was a little buggy.

Icon5 checklist feedback

First of all, I find it amazing that there hasn't been a lot of comment about the virtual "co-pilot" checklist and soundfiles.

This is one of the finest and most useful features of this release or any release. Payware developers should take notice and incorporate a similar feature in their future releases of crew served aircraft.

The voices are fantastically appropriate for the DC3/C47. I even like my nagging co-pilot Ernie (Gann?). However I wish he'd configure the cowl flaps himself on final as I have my hands full. I haven't heard the Stewardess (Flight Attendants hadn't been invented) yet but in my mind I can hear her saying "Can I get you boys some coffee?" midflight.

Can we be presumptuous enough at this point (I don't want to appear ungrateful for all the hard work so far) to suggest a couple more entries for the voice checklist?

We could start a thread devoted to this if there is enough assent and interest.

For example, I think "Tailwheel - LOCKED" in the before take-off and pre-landing checklist is a must.

Obie

This seems to be the thread for reporting any issues, so I will add another one. Sometimes the loading panel (Shift 2) shows the pilot and copilot weights at 170 and sometimes the aircraft loads with these two entries blank and grayed out. When that happens, there is no way to add/change their missing weights. The only fix seems to be a restart of FSX. I cannot see a pattern. It just seems to be a random issue.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    First of all, I find it amazing that there hasn't been a lot of comment about the virtual "co-pilot" checklist and soundfiles.

This is one of the finest and most useful features of this release or any release.
    Obie

We were also wondering and thought perhaps that many people hadn't noticed it?
    Regards,
    Nick

No Startup Smoke in FSX in DX10 mode

Greetings!

First..

What a masterpiece,, Guys!!!

I fly in dx10 mode in FSX,, but i havent the famous startup smoke effect.. In dx9 mode, it works fine..
    anyone else have this issue?

kind regrads

Janick

For the team.
    First well done.
    Second I have found the model to be accurate in all flight regimes and all the VC instrument indications correct for various attitudes and powers settings. On a lower speed PC with Rex Weather and FPS locked at 22 there were slight texture load delays but only when switching views but no hit or lag caused by the model/textures in themselves. I had no texture or graphic issues. Apart from the known U/S areas (lighting/sperry AP) I have experienced no problems and the fidelity of both sound and performance is excellent.

Navigation equipment is all working (except the O/H) and the Bus/Gen Voltage Reading selector is currently inoperative. The aircraft navigation equipment performs well and is stable and accurate. The ILS is operative BUT there are no marker beacons or ILS HI/LO switch and the com/vol control box appears not to do anything although switch sounds are heard.

Control of systems etc via the SHIFT+4 control and master configuration panel is fine, full AP simulation and control including APP coupling is operative but noting the manual and release type that is day VFR only (ILS was flown in day VFR couple on AP then manually and checked).

Not sure if the vacuum system is operative, AI can be adjusted (Mouse scroll works for me) but appears to give erroneous readings, I cannot confirm the operation of vacuum from the instrumentation at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick_85 View Post
    Greetings!

First..

What a masterpiece,, Guys!!!

I fly in dx10 mode in FSX,, but i havent the famous startup smoke effect.. In dx9 mode, it works fine..
    anyone else have this issue?

kind regrads

Janick
    If you have the Direct X 10 fixer, then you must convert the effect before it becomes visible.
    If you do not, it will remain invisible, except from some very acute angles.
    Regards,
    Nick

SOH-CM-2021
    I flew with two others in multi-player. The person who landed first had shut down his engines, and reported that he was seeing myself and another taxying with stationary props. We were seeing his props turning. Upon investigation, it appears that whatever our own props were doing, the others appeared to be doing the same.

I'm aware that multi-player throws up anomalies at times, but has anybody else experienced this I wonder?

Dennis.

ps. Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but with the C47 threads becoming longer and more varied, it would be easy to miss.

Me too +1
    A nice variation of the DC_3/C47. I did some research on those antennas and found out interesting info concerning the side mounted antennas on the nose:

The "Rebecca" system was mounted on the C-47 Skytrain. "Rebecca" was the receiver for the "Eureka" system that paratroopers used on the ground during an airborne landing. The PPN-1 or PPN-2 "Eureka" was a beacon that put out a signal for the C-47s to follow. Almost every C-47 that flew in Normandy and later had the AN-147 and AN-148 Antennas mounted on the nose for "Rebecca".

After reading the above, I get the impression that the AN-147/148 antennas were exclusive to the Army version of the C-47; not so much the civilian version (DC-3) as they weren't interested
    in using that kind of electronics that was developed for military use.

Just some info I wanted to share. It is different to see a DC-3 with "Whiskers"

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Like Adam, I would really love to see a version of this model without the antennas. And greedy as I sometimes am I would love to see a version with short air intakes, although I realise that this would cause many changes to the textures.

Cheers,
    Huub

I have to second the remark about the checklists and copilot voices. This is just "Over the Top"! You guys have really set the bar high, not only for freeware but payware developers! The more that I fly this bird the more in love with it I become. I can't wait to see what will come with future versions.

The prop issue in MP is a well known issue with many planes, including A2A. Not sure why it happens with some planes, even most planes, but not others. I've flown hundreds of hours in MP and have noticed this with most planes most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    If you have the Direct X 10 fixer, then you must convert the effect before it becomes visible.
    If you do not, it will remain invisible, except from some very acute angles.
    Could you please be a little more explicit about what you mean by "convert the effect." Is this a particular adjustment in the Fixer? Or...?

Thanks

If you have the fixer and have installed a new effect, you will see this

If you wish to convert effects,do this

Regards,
    Nick

Nothing to do with the panel. Light underneeth not centered

Here at DC3-Airways the new C-47 V3 is becoming very popular.
    Thi is the best DC-3 ever. Compliments and many thanks to the team.
    The exterior model may need a correction and the aircraft.cfg [lights] the corresponding numbers to locate the light.
    Cheers
    Hartwig
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Light not on centerr line.jpg  

I was able to track down some more about the missing pilot and copilot weights. If the battery is off, these weights are grayed out and cannot be changed. When the battery is turned on, these weights appear. This is a pretty minor issue, except for the fact that I usually do the fuel and cargo/passenger loading before starting the checklists and the battery is normally off before the copilot says to turn it on.

Another item I noticed is that although the radio altimeter can be set to either 0-300 or 0-3000 ft as described in the manual, the altitude alert gauge can only be set to 0-300. The manual says that this is dual range as well.

Again, I hope these are not taken as criticisms. I love the aircraft, but I figure that you would want to know any bugs we find.

Bill

The alert gauge sounds at the appropriate altitude according to how the altimeter is set, and so doesn't need different ranges displayed.

I think the reasoning on weights is that pilot weights only count when they are in the plane, and the battery is usually on when that is the case, but that's just my guess. You can calculate them before the flight, but you adjust them only once in the plane.

Thanks. I can see the logic regarding the battery switch, but the manual says that the alert gauge is used to set the altitude for alert and it lists the possibilities as 0-300 or 0-3000. I have not found any way to set an altitude alert higher than 300 feet. So I think either the manual is in error or the alert does not function properly, yet. When the radio altimeter is in the higher range (0-3000) the alert still goes no higher than 300 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartwig View Post
    The exterior model may need a correction and the aircraft.cfg [lights] the corresponding numbers to locate the light.
    Cheers
    Hartwig
    +1
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Could the flight crew ie: Pilot and co-pilot please appear (external view) when you begin or click on the check list please!? My crew do not show until the brakes are released and you begin to taxi.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by billhuntsman View Post
    Thanks. I can see the logic regarding the battery switch, but the manual says that the alert gauge is used to set the altitude for alert and it lists the possibilities as 0-300 or 0-3000. I have not found any way to set an altitude alert higher than 300 feet. So I think either the manual is in error or the alert does not function properly, yet. When the radio altimeter is in the higher range (0-3000) the alert still goes no higher than 300 feet.
    As I understand it, the alert will show 0-300 still, but what that number (say, 300) signifies depends on whether the altitude is set for 0-300 or 0-3000. If set for 0-3000, you should add a 0 to whatever the the alert gauge reads. In other words, the alert gauge will then be setting from 10-3000 in 10 ft increments. Have you tested it in flight, setting the altitude for 0-3000 and the alert gauge for 300? At what altitude do you hear the alert?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartwig View Post
    Cheers
    Hartwig
    Here the missing beacon light: light.0 = 1, -35.70, -1.70, -2.70, fx_beacon ,
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    As I understand it, the alert will show 0-300 still, but what that number (say, 300) signifies depends on whether the altitude is set for 0-300 or 0-3000. If set for 0-3000, you should add a 0 to whatever the the alert gauge reads. In other words, the alert gauge will then be setting from 10-3000 in 10 ft increments. Have you tested it in flight, setting the altitude for 0-3000 and the alert gauge for 300? At what altitude do you hear the alert?
    Yes, I have tested it in flight. When the radio altimeter was set to the higher range (0-3000) and the alert was set to 200 feet (which should be 2000 ft at the higher range). The radio altimeter did work correctly, showing 2000 ft when I was that far above ground, but the alert never went off until I was 200 feet above ground. I have tested it several times and the alert always goes off in the 0-300 ft range no matter what the radio altimeter range is.

Okay, I'll double check this on my end as well and pass it along to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by jandmbear View Post
    for what it's worth, I tried the "That's All Brother" repaint with V3 and it worked excellent.
    Thanks for doing that test!

Members who have read this thread: 0