Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX

About the quote - it also affects a moderator's ability to edit when a non-standard (not US English) character is used in the post. In this case, it Raphaël's name with the Umlaut over the "e" that causes it. It's normally no big deal, but if you do it in the thread's title, you'll never be able to access the thread - you'll get a 404 "Page not found" error instead.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Im probably the last guy to discover Miltons new turbo Mallard. Lots of biz travel etc.

its fabulous. a true beauty. I am flying her in P3D 3.4 with latest updates and Miltons version 1.2. I do have one small comment, which might be a bug, but as I am flying this one in P3D, may not be, as it was designed for FSX. I find that when I close the right wing tank fuel off using the upper panel right side switch, I cannot turn it back to the left to open it back up. Left side no problem. Right side, problem. I discovered this when I flew to a water landing in lake tahoe then shut down the bird and saved the scenario so I could come back to it for a cold and dark water take off from Tahoe. I couldnt start the right engine because I couldnt get the fuel turned back on.

Also the simicons in the VC dont work in P3D. Work fine in the 2D.

Probably all works great in FSX. Ive just pretty much retired FSX for P3D these days!

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Im probably the last guy to discover Miltons new turbo Mallard. Lots of biz travel etc.

its fabulous. a true beauty. I am flying her in P3D 3.4 with latest updates and Miltons version 1.2. I do have one small comment, which might be a bug, but as I am flying this one in P3D, may not be, as it was designed for FSX. I find that when I close the right wing tank fuel off using the upper panel right side switch, I cannot turn it back to the left to open it back up. Left side no problem. Right side, problem. I discovered this when I flew to a water landing in lake tahoe then shut down the bird and saved the scenario so I could come back to it for a cold and dark water take off from Tahoe. I couldnt start the right engine because I couldnt get the fuel turned back on.

Also the simicons in the VC dont work in P3D. Work fine in the 2D.

Probably all works great in FSX. Ive just pretty much retired FSX for P3D these days!
    Hi Eric :-) Great to see you can get some enjoyment from the turbo Mallard.

Our products are built for FS9, and tweaked the best we can for FSX (and hopefully P3D users through 1.4). We release a separate FSX Only version because of custom changes we must make to get some FSX functions to work (differently than FS9) and to take advantage of some FSX only features. In the end, the modeled animations are still FS9 based and that is why some things do not do well in P3D versions. We do try to use custom xml programming that is compatible with both FS9/FSX sides but that is not always possible, or recognized due to limited available testing interest on the P3D side and the differences within P3D 1.4 and 2.0+.

With the decreasing interest in FS9 and now FSX, the audience for my work is growing ever smaller. As much as I would like to continue development, it is getting very difficult to get projects through the development cycle. The reason is that many of our talented contributors have moved on to FSX and P3D (rightly so) and no longer have time or interest in investing in the older sims and older, more restrictive technologies.

As a result, it is becoming almost impossible to create quality products that FS9 and FSX users require today, understandably. I am hoping that we can get the A-20 Havoc out the door with the quality that users expect. After that, I have no development plans moving forward.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    With the decreasing interest in FS9 and now FSX, the audience for my work is growing ever smaller. As much as I would like to continue development, it is getting very difficult to get projects through the development cycle. The reason is that many of our talented contributors have moved on to FSX and P3D (rightly so) and no longer have time or interest in investing in the older sims and older, more restrictive technologies.

As a result, it is becoming almost impossible to create quality products that FS9 and FSX users require today, understandably. I am hoping that we can get the A-20 Havoc out the door with the quality that users expect. After that, I have no development plans moving forward.
    Wow, I didn't see THAT one coming! That amounts to the end of an era in FS. I can't even remeber which was the first of my many Milton Shupe addons, there were so many, most of which I have kept in my hangar through all installations. Thank you so much Milton for the hours and hours of pleasure you have gifted me with your talents and dedication!

Packed up his tent and crept out into the night . . . . . .

Milton!

Just look at the interest and downloads you achieve with 'Dead FS2004'. The range and quality of your labours is beyond question and certainly dominates the last bastion niche of FS2004 users.

I choose to stay with this sim because it gives me what I want out of simulated flying. It took me almost five years before I built a PC that could run FS2004 at a steady 60 fps with everything maxxed out. I suspect a lot of FX and P3D users have kept their FS2004 installs and still enjoy it.

Yes, of course, nothing remains the same and all is changing. But I stick with this sim because it is a classic like my old Land Rover 4x4. And like all classics, FS2004 has proved itself to be amazingly flexible and friendly to skilled developers and modellers like yourself. Its attraction in some ways is its tweak ability for the average user like myself.

You have gone out of your way to assist the upgrade of your aircraft to FSX compatability. You cannot say the same of many well known ex FS2004 developers when they started producing a/c for FSX.

We know that the numbers are against us and you remain one of the very few developers for this sim. The lack of a broad support base for your models must be a great frustration to you, with all those great projects you gestate and then bring forth with unstinting application.

No apolgies for this rant - this is what I feel and as all things end so will their achievments remain and be remembered.

Of course you are not going to leave us suddenly - but you did give us a fright! That last time I felt like this was when my first date ditched me.

Mal

Hey Guys, thanks for the comments.

Just to be clear, FS9 itself is not the primary reason for my difficulties. The primary issue is that I need talent on the team to deliver a quality product. We have been fortunate over the years to have great talent and contributors take my modest models to higher levels of perceived quality in textures, sounds, panel/gauges, and flight models. The availability of this talent for FS9 projects has been substantially diminished. We are fortunate there were a few here to help us across the finish line in the past year.

My part in leading these projects is limited to modeling and (sometimes) flight models, and for the past 4 years, basic panel and gauge work (I am not a gauge programmer although I muddle through it).

So, looking forward, I see a difficult path to continue without a full complement of talent for our projects. We just have to assess the situation as time passes.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

This is very sad news, but under the circumstances it seems unavoidable. I wish I could help fill some of the gaps in your team but I don't have any of the skills that have gone on.

All I can say is Thank You for all you've done over the years!

If I can help

Good evening Milton,

you helped me a lot and a lot of times.
    now if I can help you I will do.
    Even my knowledge is restricted concerning programming, I try to "fiddle trough".
    Allso it would estonish me if Gaucho also will not give a helping hand.
    Just as a little picture I join you a screenie of how my own panel for the Havoc night fighter has been going forward with the time..
    so please if ever you believe that I could give you a hand - ask me.

Yours
    Papi

Of course I'd be more than happy to do some texturing work for your projects!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    This is very sad news, but under the circumstances it seems unavoidable. I wish I could help fill some of the gaps in your team but I don't have any of the skills that have gone on.

All I can say is Thank You for all you've done over the years!

Thank you Mick. As I have done little pleasure flying these last 14 years due to time invested in creations, maybe now I can enjoy some of our work too.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Good evening Milton,

you helped me a lot and a lot of times.
    now if I can help you I will do.
    Even my knowledge is restricted concerning programming, I try to "fiddle trough".
    Allso it would estonish me if Gaucho also will not give a helping hand.
    Just as a little picture I join you a screenie of how my own panel for the Havoc night fighter has been going forward with the time..
    so please if ever you believe that I could give you a hand - ask me.

Yours
    Papi
    Thank you Papi. Nice work there on the graphics. Fortunately, Spokes2112 is doing the gauges for the A-20 Havoc series so hopefully we can get this last project out with some great custom built gauges and custom xml for the functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Of course I'd be more than happy to do some texturing work for your projects!
    Sascha, you have always done great work. Firekitten is working to lay down the basic panel and rivet lines for the Havoc but we will be needing some textures as we flesh out the various models if you are interested.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sorry that this thread has gotten off topic.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Sascha, you have always done great work. Firekitten is working to lay down the basic panel and rivet lines for the Havoc but we will be needing some textures as we flesh out the various models if you are interested.
    Count me in anytime! Winter is coming and the evenings are long!

Nah... you're allowed, Milton. I have to hand it to you, you're a true blue FS9 guy and your sincere persistence through the years is matched only by your unswerving desire to produce the best. I wish I could do more to help... Always willing to "wring 'em out" though... when the time comes.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Members +
    To add to the 'off topic', ( I do apologise!)..

Milton, the launch?
    (REALLY dry mouldy sandwiches now!)

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    To add to the 'off topic', ( I do apologise!)..

Milton, the launch?
    (REALLY dry mouldy sandwiches now!)
    Please post your question in this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...oat-The-Launch
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

It's your thread - far as I'm concerned, you can take it wherever you want!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

After a brief hiatus visiting family up from New Mexico and finishing winterizing of the house, here is a new Mallard turbo livery to be uploaded later today or tomorrow. The textures represent J-49 in 1999.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N777PV-3.jpg   N777PV-1.jpg   N777PV-4.jpg   N777PV-5.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    After a brief hiatus visiting family up from New Mexico and finishing winterizing of the house, here is a new Mallard turbo livery to be uploaded later today or tomorrow. The textures represent J-49 in 1999.
    Ahhh, welcome back and than you for this beautiful livery.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ahhh, welcome back and than you for this beautiful livery.

My pleasure, as always sir….

Took a little longer than I thought...up this eve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N777PV-FS9.jpg   N777PV-6.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0