Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mallard Turboprop Released for FS9 and FSX

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    I mentioned in a previous post that there's always something in a Shupe Company release that grabs you, and won't let go.
    Anyone other than a flightsimmer would arch an eyebrow if you started yammering on about high-poly knobs, I'm sure.
    It's bringing me back and back to this model

I'm sure that the latest systems update will come just in time for me to tear myself away from gawping at the thing, and start noticing how it flies!
    Well done, and thanks, team.
    Is that FS9? Amazing progress!

See, if you didn't tell us, we'd never know what to be most impressed with!
    "High-poly knobs" just sounded so... professional

Question: two of the effects files are older than those I already have.

SP2112_Mallard_Start.fx
    SP2112_MALLARD_TRANSOM_DROP.fx

Intentional?
    And, I assume the readme in the "Effects" folder is more of a note to the team?
    Intentional? - Yes. Those same effects were also packaged with the radial Shupe & Team Mallard & LDR Mallard. If one doesn't have these versions this will fill the job.

And, I assume the readme in the "Effects" folder is more of a note to the team?
    Yes indeed.
    Roman

Charter Member 2011
    Those same effects...
    Thanks - SP2112_MALLARD_TRANSOM_DROP.fx was the Oh My! feature when getting to know the radial.
    Is that FS9? Amazing progress!
    Very much so... Sascha you of all people know what FS9 is capable of!
    Seriously, this model made me don a TrackIR hat and shoot a video clip from inside... it's a step-change model on every front.

I have uploaded the official Model Folder FIX for the Mallard Turboprop. It applies to the latest v1.2 releases, FSX and FS9.

If you downloaded V.1.2 before now, this FIX applies to you.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8&linkid=21707

I have also updated the original v1.2 release archives to incorporate the fix so if you have downloaded after this post, the FIX is already applied in your download.

The FIX corrects a Model see-thru leak you may notice if you zoom in closely from the front.

See attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 630919holes.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks - SP2112_MALLARD_TRANSOM_DROP.fx was the Oh My! feature when getting to know the radial.

Very much so... Sascha you of all people know what FS9 is capable of!
    Seriously, this model made me don a TrackIR hat and shoot a video clip from inside... it's a step-change model on every front.
    I love the depth of field effect in your screnshot. I wonder if that can be done in-sim with sweetFX?

Charter Member 2011
    This of course was post-production, to highlight the VC.

I had an install once which faded out beyond 1 km.
    It was something of an irritant at the time!
    I don't recall which combination of fs.cfg and shader injection it was, perhaps a good subject for another topic?

Yes, I will start a new thread on this.

Uploaded this a.m. Airfast Indonesia turbo Mallard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PK-OCM-2.jpg   PK-OCM-3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Uploaded this a.m. Airfast Indonesia turbo Mallard.
    Gorgeous paint, Wellis...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Gorgeous paint, Wellis...

BB686

Thank you sir, Glad you like it.

Now to get this on the correct thread...FS9/FSX Mallard J-34 as Nordair CF-UOT turbo, uploaded this afternoon..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CF-UOT_Nordair-2.jpg   CF-UOT_Nordair-5.jpg   CF-UOT_Nordair-FS9.jpg  

Now to get this on the correct thread...FS9/FSX Mallard J-34 as Nordair CF-UOT turbo, uploaded this afternoon..
    Wooooo-whoooooo! Another beauty out of the "Wellis Paint Shoppe". Thank you Sir!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Wooooo-whoooooo! Another beauty out of the "Wellis Paint Shoppe". Thank you Sir!

Thank you sir,

and here is a "shameless gimmie" just uploaded this morning...this is J-50 before it went to Airfast Indonesia and became PK-OCM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N686FM-1.jpg   N686FM-2.jpg   N686FM-3.jpg   N686FM-FS9.jpg  

Now that's real class! Very nice.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Now that's real class! Very nice.
    thanks expat---the simpler designs are very elegant to be sure!

Now THAT is a nice paint!! And something about that N-number..... Downloading now!

Excellent brushwork, Will,

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Now THAT is a nice paint!! And something about that N-number..... Downloading now!

Excellent brushwork, Will,

BB686
    Indeed, another classic beauty. Thank you Wellis
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yet another outstanding gem from Milton and Co.!!!!

Thank you again for such a wonderful airplane.. and omg.. that flight deck...... outstanding!!!

As usual..a few little 'tweaks' to personalize the airplane as I just cannot leave well enough alone, and feeling a bit nostalgic after stumbling across a 1989 Bayliner Capri in horrific condition rotting away in a boatyard here.... and thinking back to the joy mine gave me back in 1989 through 1996..... well... I had to tart up the Turbo Mallard in it's decidedly 1980's scheme! LOL. The 'virtual' BVI's will never be the same.

ps.. my 'first aid' kit now includes crackers, Laughing cow cheese, and a Caramilk bar... because.. well.. I don't smoke! :-)

My poor big Avia 57 floatplane has a new girl to deal with when it comes to my float flying time! :-(

Thanks again guys and gals!!!!
    David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capri Turbo Mallard1.jpg   first aid kit.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Bushi View Post
    Thank you again for such a wonderful airplane.. and omg.. that flight deck...... outstanding!!!

As usual..a few little 'tweaks' to personalize the airplane as I just cannot leave well enough alone, and feeling a bit nostalgic after stumbling across a 1989 Bayliner Capri in horrific condition rotting away in a boatyard here.... and thinking back to the joy mine gave me back in 1989 through 1996..... well... I had to tart up the Turbo Mallard in it's decidedly 1980's scheme! LOL. The 'virtual' BVI's will never be the same.

ps.. my 'first aid' kit now includes crackers, Laughing cow cheese, and a Caramilk bar... because.. well.. I don't smoke! :-)

My poor big Avia 57 floatplane has a new girl to deal with when it comes to my float flying time! :-(

Thanks again guys and gals!!!!
    David
    Hi David, thanks for sharing your requisite additions and paint scheme; love the tropical scheme.

With the Avia 57, you have quite the fleet going there for interesting cockpits.

It's great to see that these products are still being enjoyed and appreciated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Having flown up in Canada's north in the mid 70's, I crossed paths with this bird on a few occasions. Nice work!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Hi David, thanks for sharing your requisite additions and paint scheme; love the tropical scheme.

With the Avia 57, you have quite the fleet going there for interesting cockpits.

It's great to see that these products are still being enjoyed and appreciated.
    When I look through my logbook... there is a HUGE percentage of "Milton and Co" aircraft present! Over the past couple of years, it's been all you guys, A-26, the XP-47's, Avia 57, Tigercats... and now TWO Mallards! All of these 'repainted' to my personal taste!

The only others are my 'modified and repainted Lohner Type S from Classic Wings, the Section 8 Sabre I've redone as my friends old 434 sqn airplane, and the old alphasim F-111... the latter two when I feel the need for speed!

My wife loved the interior I did for the 'Capri' Turbo Mallard. ( she actually laughed when she saw it!) The seats and carpet are almost lifted right out of that old Bayliner speedboat of old!

so... my lightly modified panel (you have to REALLY look close to see the tiny changes) and Capri Air's passenger cabin. :-)

thanks again Milton!
    David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my TP mllard flight deck.jpg   capri cabin.jpg  

Thank you Milton and Team for such a beautiful aicraft ! The virtual cockpit is really amazing.

As I still have an old 4:3 screen, I modified the 2D cockpit bitmap and panel.cfg for 1024x768 resolution. The files are attached just in case somebody else would find them useful. Just backup your files and replace with these ones.

Thanks again and best regards from Geneva,
    Raphaël
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mallard G-73T 2D panel_lr.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by raphael; October 8th, 2016 at 09:30.

Apparently it's no longer possible to include a quite when one tries to "Reply with Quote," at least not with my rig, so this is meant for Raphael regarding his 4x8 2D panel.

Thank you very much!

Like many of us, I also have a 4x8 monitor, and now the Turbo Mallard is completely ready to fly for all of us!

Raphael, thanks for your contributions on the 1024 X 768 (4:3) monitor setups. That is greatly appreciated.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Apparently it's no longer possible to include a quite when one tries to "Reply with Quote," at least not with my rig, so this is meant for Raphael regarding his 4x8 2D panel.

Thank you very much!

Like many of us, I also have a 4x8 monitor, and now the Turbo Mallard is completely ready to fly for all of us!

I just tried the multi-quote response for Raphael and you and that did not work. However the "Reply with Quote" did.

Mick, it' s nice that some contribute to these other needs. I guess I should try to setup multiple panel configurations to accommodate the most popular ratios but I tend to forget that when there are so many things to focus on just to get a working version released.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0