Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 26
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1618192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Quote Originally Posted by chet twowolves View Post
    Will this VC lighting work in fsx also when done.
    This screenshot IS in FSX

Jan-

Loving it... Too bright near the source, too dim further away... Going from hurting ones night vision to making it really tough to decipher gauge readings far away.... Perfect! The old gal's phospho-luminescence comes through and I can already salivate at the idea of peering through the glass, in the dead of night, muttering to myself about the misfortunes of the most junior hump mail pilot, having to fly the early run. Then... frowning at the lamp, while squinting and tapping at the MP- which is still dropping as I try for the last bit of climb needed- brilliant!

She lives and breathes anew. What began as incredible by Manfred, has elevated to superlative with your (and the team's) efforts! She is always special in real life- and now she is equally sublime in my escape from the salt mines.

BRAVO ZULU!

C

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Aharon, there is only one way to taxi a C-47/DC-3. You use differential braking and throttle. To turn left you use a bit of left brake and increase the right throttle. But remember to reduce the throttle before you complete the turn. To turn right just reverse the procedure.
    Shalom AussieMan,

You are absolutely right and I did not know that BUT one problem is that I do not have fancy equipment for that which is why I also agree with the replied post made by Griphos saying those words "Yes, but not everyone has throttle hardware or rudder pedals for individual braking. Modifying the .cfg file as instructed in the manual will allow users to simulate a steerable tailwheel and make taxiing easier for those without the ability to use brake and throttle.".

Thanks for tips, AussieMan and
    Griphos.

I want rudder pedals and throttles

If you keep your eyes open on ebay you can get real good deals on packages from guys who are getting out of flight sim or upgrading to the expensive stuff. My flight sim partner got his that way last year. It looks like Saitek Yoke is gotten expensive so go for CH Products it is really good equipment for the money. The CH products yoke has integral single throttle, condition and mixture levers. They also make a really nice inexpensive quadrant. I was lucky when working and not retired I got my Goflight throttle on sale (Still $300.00 7 years ago ) I take really good care of it cause being on fixed income now it would be out of the question. I know what a flight sim skimpy budget is but maybe one at a time might be affordable. I don't know what I would do without my yoke, pedals and quadrant for a realistic flight sim experience now.

You can still use diff braking using the twistgrip/rudder on your joystick in conjunction with the brake button. This aint rocket science

ATB
    DaveB

The A2A people had a program where you could buy an equipment package (computer, yoke, pedals, Quadrant) all together and they chose the CH Yoke, the Saitek Pedals and quadrant...so I purchased their recommended yoke, pedals and quadrant about a year ago. I received the yoke and pedals but the quadrant was out of stock for about 6 months and I ended up getting the CH quadrant instead...and been very happy with the whole set up. For me it really made a difference in my siming experience to go to these items from just a joystick. I remember my father saying (UAL Captain who started out in DC-3's on the line) that you could taxi the ship with just throttles...so that is what I've been practicing. You really have to think ahead and change your power before you need to make a turn (or stop one)...but it does work.

I have always loved the MAAMsim DC-3. I thought it was wonderful. I just switched from the C-47 V3 beta, to the MAAMsim DC-3 in mid flight, just to compare. I'll probably never fly the MAAMsim DC-3 again. There is no comparision. The sound set alone makes it pale, add the hi-res VC, and forget the DC-3 !
    Sue

Steering/turning the proper way takes practice, but once you have it down, it's a great experience.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members +

Douglas C47 v3 Beta Released

Hello guys

Hope I'm not hijacking the forum of this wonderful aircraft. Manfred, Jan and team helped me build a South African Airforce version of the Turbo Prop Dakotas, we modified from our past C-47's, in this country. There is the US version called the Basler, but we have the Braddick, slightly different to the Basler, round engine cowlings, longer extension forward of the main wing root to the nose, and retaining of the round main wing tips to name the most noticeable.

I presented the idea to Manfred and team, supplied all of the collectable material I could find, and they created the model for me, along with a few countrymen of mine that helped with paints and effects for these models. What I would love is to see this model get the full face lift treatment as was done to the C47, by the same developer/s and team. I can surely get pictures of the cockpits and their modernisation, not quite what we currently have at the moment in the Braddick.

Hopefully I get a response. Would appreciate this.

Regards
    Andrew Brown
    W10 Pro 1703 x64 / openSuSE LEAP 42.2 x64
    Intel Core i7 4790K 4.6GHZ CPU OC
    Gigabyte Z97-Gaming5 mobo
    Gigabyte AMD R9 280X 3GB GPU x2 Crossfire
    Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    Seagate 1TB SATAIII SSHD Windows dual boot
    Seagate 2TB SATAIII SSHD Data
    Seagate 1TB SATAIII SSHD Linux dual boot
    Samsung 18x SATA DVDRW x2 Opticals
    Coolermaster G750M 750W PSU
    Zalman CNPS109X Optima Shark Fin CPU Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post

Shalom AussieMan,

You are absolutely right and I did not know that BUT one problem is that I do not have fancy equipment for that which is why I also agree with the replied post made by Griphos saying those words "Yes, but not everyone has throttle hardware or rudder pedals for individual braking. Modifying the .cfg file as instructed in the manual will allow users to simulate a steerable tailwheel and make taxiing easier for those without the ability to use brake and throttle.".

Thanks for tips, AussieMan and
    Griphos.

You don't have a keyboard???? I use it to turn with individual braking. It's perfect

Will the ski model from C-47 version 2 work in new version 3.12 of C-47? Can I export ski model and Buffalo livery from version 2 to version 3.12 or is it out of question?

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Will the ski model from C-47 version 2 work in new version 3.12 of C-47? Can I export ski model and Buffalo livery from version 2 to version 3.12 or is it out of question?

Regards,

Aharon
    The liveries are interchangeable.
    To convert to V3.12, you need to move the texture folder into V3.12 and edit the aircraft.cfg. Remove any VC files in your texture folder and you should probably use one of the texture.cfg files from 3.12. As I said the paints are interchangeable, but unless you can copy & paste graphics you won't have TuFun's detailed engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    To convert to V3.12, you need to move the texture folder into V3.12 and edit the aircraft.cfg. Remove any VC files in your texture folder and you should probably use one of the texture.cfg files from 3.12. As I said the paints are interchangeable, but unless you can copy & paste graphics you won't have TuFun's detailed engine.
    and you miss the right noseout.dds to get the bose look in colour of the paint..........but most released paint´s miss this also

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Shalom Alky,

Yes I know that the liveries are interexchangable between version 2 and 3.12 which I had no trouble exporting many liveries from version 2 into version 3.12.

However, what I was trying to say in my previous post is that I am inquiring if the model base of the ski version can be exported from version 2 into version 3.12 as long as I modify the model.cfg to accept interior of version 3.12?? Please forgive me if my previous question was not being specific enough.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Here's a first trial of UV light that comes from 2 tubes on each side of the cockpit walls and radioluminescent painted gauge dials. Another UV light will sit on top of the quadrant and possibly two that light up the OH.

In any case, Visair Industrial Light & Magic has kicked off.
    wow, that looks amazing!!! thanks so much for this outstanding aircraft, it has already become a favorite and i am eagerly anticipating some evening and nighttime excursions!

cheers
    -andy crosby

Voices

Heres one for ya,,,,,

Who's voices are those used in the V3 pilot/copilot/stewardess? Any one we know?

Credits for the voices are listed in the manual.

A little modification.

Now to add TacPack...

I'm really enjoying the aircraft!
    Does anyone knows if the rotating beacon on the tail works on P3Dv3? Mine doesn't

Edit: NVM, restarted P3D and got them working

EZ Dok Camera Set

Hi all,

here is an EZ Dok Camera Set for v3.

Link

Have Fun
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    A little modification.

Now to add TacPack...
    Hi Dave. Will you upload it?
    The more you do, the less you dream

Loving it

I've been flying this aircraft now for about ten hours and boy, it is good!
    I can't believe this is a freeware product. Absolute top notch.

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by RetroPlanes View Post
    I've been flying this aircraft now for about ten hours and boy, it is good!
    I can't believe this is a freeware product. Absolute top notch.

Well done!

same here i love to fly it !
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

I had already seen this one on August 28th in the FSX screenshot thread, but I didn't dare to ask...............

Its a nice little mod and I'm hoping you will be able/allowed to release it.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    A little modification.

Now to add TacPack...

I need to change the gun FX as it uses one from the Captain Sim AC-130 at the moment. I'll also need to get permission from Manfred to release the modified C47.
    BTW, TacPack works well with it!

Members who have read this thread: 9