Milviz P-38 Red Bull civilian racer for free! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milviz P-38 Red Bull civilian racer for free!

Thanks

Thank you for the free gift of the P38.

Now I have read the operating instructions and still cannot find where the lower left corner of the instrument panel is so that I can hide the yoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    Milviz has released their P-38 Red Bull for free download: http://milviz.com/flight/products/P38RB/index.php

Greetings
    Tim
    WARNING TO P3D USERS: this freeware version does not work in P3D. I downloaded and selected P3Dv3 version from the installer, but on launch, a dialog box comes up and indicates this version is ONLY for FSX and it then forces P3D shut down.

A bit disappointing because I really like Milviz products and had been thinking of buying this one, but was holding off til after vacation expenses.

Oh well!

Strange, i just did a fly with it here in my P3Dv3.3.5. No problems at all (Aside a little FPS hit).
    The installer even identified correctly my p3dv3 install folder.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Strange, i just did a fly with it here in my P3Dv3.3.5. No problems at all (Aside a little FPS hit).
    The installer even identified correctly my p3dv3 install folder.
    Confirmed. No any problem also with installation for P3Dv3.

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Aside a little FPS hit
    Right, the same. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    WARNING TO P3D USERS: this freeware version does not work in P3D. I downloaded and selected P3Dv3 version from the installer, but on launch, a dialog box comes up and indicates this version is ONLY for FSX and it then forces P3D shut down.

A bit disappointing because I really like Milviz products and had been thinking of buying this one, but was holding off til after vacation expenses.

Oh well!
    Did You check in the checkbox the correct version of P3D? I dont think so.....
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Another voice for successful P3D v3.3.5 install.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    If there's one repaint that needs to be done for this model it is a reversion to ole #13, White Lightnin'. Any takers?
    It's been done for the L variant. FSD anyway .. not sure if the palette works on the MilViz version.
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Worked fine in P3Dv2 for me!!
    Greg :USA-flag:

Yes I did. Hmm. Will check again. I installed it twice. Same problem each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Are the Garmins modeled in 3D and permanent elements in the VC?
    no, you can use the free panel to show 2d gauges like the rxp gns 530 and asn freeware wx radar like this:

with wx radar, the nose needs to be pained non-metalic to make it look realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Very generous. Thanks much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6McV4L_K7xA

Paint kit link goes to a 404 page though.
    That's a great link fsafranek.

Really brings home the extra work load placed on the trailing pilot (ie Corsair). While the Lightning jock has time to look around, the Corsair pilot is flying with his eyes glued onto the P-38.

Flying in Squadron formation (especially the pre 1940 British fashion) must have been a nightmare.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    It's been done for the L variant. FSD anyway .. not sure if the palette works on the MilViz version.
    the FSD is the milviz version, mv took back the model and re released it with more enhancements

you would be surprised on how many developers have bought MV models and released them including some from Alphasim, vertigo and iris to name a few
    Last edited by jeansy; July 4th, 2016 at 04:04.

Yoke removal

Perhaps my previous question was overlooked ^. I read the accompanying instructions concerning yoke removal. Problem is, I didn't find that "Sweet spot" in the left corner of the instrument
    panel near the fuel gauge that was mentioned. I'm looking for clues to better find that area I need to click on the remove the yoke. No pictures were in the instructions to go on just verbiage.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Perhaps my previous question was overlooked ^. I read the accompanying instructions concerning yoke removal. Problem is, I didn't find that "Sweet spot" in the left corner of the instrument
    panel near the fuel gauge that was mentioned. I'm looking for clues to better find that area I need to click on the remove the yoke. No pictures were in the instructions to go on just verbiage.

Thanks.
    Hi,

It's here:

Cheers!
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    Hi,

It's here:

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Works in P3D ver 2 and thank you very much for your generosity
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Will any WWII era paints in the SOH Library for the "other" Milviz P-38 - or the FSD model fit this one?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Absolutely incredible! A huge Christmas gift in July! A big thank you to MilViz for making this P-38 freeware.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

No, they won't, I tried. Bomber_12th commented on this and mentioned two repaints by Gorden Madison will work.

Polished, with no markings: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=17104
    No-polish, no markings: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...4&linkid=17103

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Will any WWII era paints in the SOH Library for the "other" Milviz P-38 - or the FSD model fit this one?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Paint kit link goes to a 404 page though.

http://milviz.com/Online_products/Pa...l_Paintkit.zip

this way it works!

SOH-CM-2021
    Thanks for the generous gift Milviz. Can anybody tell me why the props are polished on the front, and black with yellow tips on the back?

Den.

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    Thanks for the generous gift Milviz. Can anybody tell me why the props are polished on the front, and black with yellow tips on the back?

Den.
    That might be an anti-glare means.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Yes I did. Hmm. Will check again. I installed it twice. Same problem each time.
    That is an obsolete MilvizSound.gau file. Check to ensure you don't have an older version of that file in your ..\Gauges folder.

Alternatively, copy the version in the P-38's ..\panel folder to your sim's ..\Gauges folder, over-writing one that may already be there.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Members who have read this thread: 1