first class simulations lancaster - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: first class simulations lancaster

I have settled with Mike as it looked after 39 combat ops, the nose art was at this time also in its original form. It looks like it was partly overpainted at a later date. That makes the nose art as it looks on the MOTAT Lancaster wrong as it shows the full bomblog and the nose art in its original form. This depiction also shows the cartoon character "Captain Reilly Foull" with boots, on the real nose art he had shoes and long socks.

Mid august 1944, flown by Francis Wood and crew.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I really like that JensOle. First class job sir. Incidentally, "Captain Reilly Foull" was one of my dads favourite cartoons during the war

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks for all your efforts JensOle (and of course also DaveQ for the original paintkit).

Cheers,
    Huub

Looks great!

Are planning to do the new 2017 BBMF Lancaster paint scheme?

The left-hand side will be painted as 460 (RAAF) Squadron Lancaster W5005, coded AR-L "Leader", which had nose art of a kangaroo playing bagpipes, indicating the Australian and Scottish backgrounds of one of its crews.

The right side will carry the 50 Squadron code letters VN-T, representing the Lancaster flown by FO Douglas Millikin DFC – grandfather of the BBMF's current Officer Commanding, Squadron Leader Andy "Milli" Millikin, on 27 of his first tour of 30 operations.

Would make a cracking addition to the first class simulations Lancaster!

Regards,

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nieuws-2017-01-30-PA474-2017-schema_01.png  
    MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more for FSX! - http://www.mspgsimulations.com"

Nice one Matt.. looking forward to it

ATB
    DaveB

I was wondering how long it would be before someone had a go at this one. Can they get it done before the real thing is painted!

Hmm.. having read Matt's post again, I think he's asking Jens or Huub if they plan to do this paint. Sri Matt (though you can take it on if you wish)

ATB
    DaveB

Aha it was a request !

No more Lancaster paints from me at the moment. The model is actually not even in the sim, I'm in a jet period at the moment... But the wheel tends to be round and come back to ww2 aviation at some point.

Not hugely interested in these fictive hybrid schemes. Then the real war schemes are more of interest.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    No more Lancaster paints from me at the moment. The model is actually not even in the sim, I'm in a jet period at the moment... But the wheel tends to be round and come back to ww2 aviation at some point.

Not hugely interested in these fictive hybrid schemes. The the real war schemes are more of interest.
    Right on the mark Jens, while people are free to choose fiction over authenticity, I (just me, myself) find the historic aircraft best.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thats fine enough, only looking at it as that how she'll be for abit with the BBMF

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Right on the mark Jens, while people are free to choose fiction over authenticity, I (just me, myself) find the historic aircraft best.
    Point is matey.. this will not be a fictional paint. The BBMF choose a scheme for the Lancaster which it will wear until it's next major overhaul. Obviously, no wartime bomber wore these two schemes on one aircraft at the same time so in this sense, it's not 'real' but the fact that the BBMF Lancaster will be painted like this and stay that way for some time makes it so. Thus.. a repaint done in this scheme for the BBMF Lancaster will be authentically (is that even a word??) correct for it during the period it wears it and beyond when it will become historically correct

Phew!
    ATB
    DaveB

What he said Aha

I don't having ago, was there a paint kit ever released for it?

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 2