FDG_2 P-51b "Ding Hao" and "Shangri-La" by bub!

Thread: FDG_2 P-51b "Ding Hao" and "Shangri-La" by bub!

FDG_2 P-51b "Ding Hao" and "Shangri-La" by bub!

Hi All,

With the previous post about James Howard I started thinking, and we know how dangerous that can be. I dug out Cobrauk's repaint and did some "remodeling". I kept to his basic theme and only changed the lettering, kill markings and cleaned it up a bit. This will also work with the Malcolm Hood version, as it was the same aircraft and one of the first in his group to be modified as such. The only thing the Malcolm Hood version needs is a antenna like the one Thicko did for the B/C version. After I package it up, I'll get it uploaded.

Thanks,

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-51b Ding Hao Yel b.jpg   Malcolm Hood radio antenna.JPG  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Awesome! Next to "Shang-ri La", Ding Hoa is my favorite B/C paint scheme. Thanks for your work on this, Bub!

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Icon22 Reply...

Bub,

You did an outstanding job on this!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Love the early P-51s; looking forward to this one Bub.

msfossey

P-51b Shangri-La

Typhoon Willy,

Did you mean you liked the "Shangri-La", or you needed one?

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-51b Shangri-La.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

He hee, excellent paint jobs for Frame-rate friendly aircraft in numbers Bub.

Many, many moons ago a Shangri-La P-51B plastic model hung in my bedroom from fishing line.
    Every morning that Stang was the first thing I saw. Imagination ran wild as I starred at it.

Great job on her.

Hi Bub,

I have a Shang-ri La skin for the FDGv2 P-51B (by dslavens), was just commenting it is my favorite skin, Ding Hao is my second favorite. Thank you for doing the DH skin for the FDGv2 model, by the way.

Kind regards,

TW

Thanks everyone. I'll get both of them packed up and uploaded soon. TW, didn't know if you had one or not. I believe that both were available at one time by Cobrauk. They seem to have disappeared. In any event, thanks again. Bob

Looks like we get to upgrade Gentile's plane with a newer skin! Thanks Bub!

TW

Hi All,
    After a wonderful conversation/exchange with Gil, these are the finished products. The "Ding Hao" is a right before/after its conversion to the Malcolm Hood canopy. So, this will work on both versions. I'm not sure if the "Shangri-La" was converted to that canopy, it will work fine as well. I've included some prop textures by Kelticheart. It wouldn't be finished without them. And, the P-51b antenna mast by Thicko, in case you don't have it.
    I'll get them uploaded tomorrow or the next day as working nights and sleeping during the day doesn't leave me much time. Thanks for your patience.
    Have fun,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P-51b Ding Hao.jpg   P-51b Shangri-La.jpg  

Uploaded

Hi All,
    Just uploaded the "Ding Hao" and "Shangri-La". Thanks again to Gil Shaw, Gandalf/Cobrauk, for allowing me to revamp his original textures.
    Have fun with them,
    Bob

FDG2_P-51B_Ding Hao.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: Hi all,

This is a representation of the P-51B Mustang "Ding Hao", ser. 43-6315, AJ-A, flown by then Maj. James Howard. He was with the 354th FG and commanded the 356th FS, then stationed at Boxted, England.

This texture is for the fdgv2 P-51B Mustang and will work on its Malcolm Hood version as well. Howard's was one of the first in the Group to be converted to this style of canopy.

Many thanks to Gil Shaw, "Cobrauk", for permission to revamp his original texture.

I just did some cosmetic work on it. And, to Stefano Denti, "Kelticheart", for the prop textures I've included.

Also included, Craig Bielat's, "Thicko", P-51b Antenna Mast.

Installation is straightforward. Just drop them in and you're set.

As usual, all legalities apply.

Thanks and have fun,

Bob McGee (bub)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2_P-51B_Ding Hao.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

FDG2_P-51B_Shangri-La.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: Hi all,

This is a representation of the P-51B Mustang "Shangri-La", ser. 43-6913, VF-T, flown by Capt. Don Gentile. He was with the 336th FS, 4th FG, stationed at Debden, England.

This texture is for the fdgv2 P-51B Mustang and will work on its Malcolm Hood version as well.

Many thanks to Gil Shaw, "Cobrauk", for permission to revamp his original texture.

I just did some cosmetic work on it. And, to Stefano Denti, "Kelticheart", for the prop textures I've included.

Also included, Craig Bielat's, "Thicko", P-51b Antenna Mast.

Installation is straightforward. Just drop them in and you're set.

As usual, all legalities apply.

Thanks and have fun,

Bob McGee (bub)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FDG2_P-51B_Shangri-La.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Both Look really good my friend.

Thanks Bub!

Aircraft *.dp

Hi Bob,

When you have the time could you please attach your aircraft's dp. file?
    Then I can copy your entries so Thicko's antenna mast will show on the aircraft.

I'm feeling a bit lazy today.

Thanks,
    Dave

Dave,
    Sorry, I can't at the moment. I'm on the NY Thruway enroute from NJ to New Hampshire. I'll be back home on Tuesday. If you can wait that long, I'll post it then.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Dave,
    Sorry, I can't at the moment. I'm on the NY Thruway enroute from NJ to New Hampshire. I'll be back home on Tuesday. If you can wait that long, I'll post it then.
    Bob
    No problem. Thanks Bob.

Dave,
    Here 'ya go.

[HARDPOINTS]
    mount.xx=-0.03,0.0, 0.0 // mast p-51b radio

[PAYLOADS]
    mount.xx=wep_mast_p51b

Just remember to put the mast into each payload.

Sorry, I forgot to include this in the ReadMe.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Dave,
    Here 'ya go.

[HARDPOINTS]
    mount.xx=-0.03,0.0, 0.0 // mast p-51b radio

[PAYLOADS]
    mount.xx=wep_mast_p51b

Just remember to put the mast into each payload.

Sorry, I forgot to include this in the ReadMe.
    Bob
    Thanks a heap Bob.

Members who have read this thread: 3