Effects wizards? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Effects wizards?

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Ok, here's the package.
    I tested, no fires at all despite each taking multiple bomb hits.I set up 21 Vals on each carrier with "heavy" bomb.Lexington took 9 hits, Yorktown 10, no fires.I did up the hit points , would this be the cause? Previously with old effects,some fires would start and burn after taking hits, just not long and only in one spot usually.Here is your DP with my changes(upped damage points quite a bit so they could survive attacks, as Yorktown and Lexington were tough to sink) as well as new AA setup.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    I did up the hit points , would this be the cause?
    Yes it would. That would change things completely.

I'm learning something also out of this little project. Never altered a ship's *.dp to this extent.
    So this is the route I'm taking now.

The deck sinkers have all been removed. Only the hull sinkers remain. The deck sinkers are replaced with:
    effect.0=100,LIBRARY,fx_p_fatal_1_Lng,
    effect.1=100,BREAK,,

Your increased hit points now only apply to the hull also.

With this damage profile I was able to put fourteen 250 kg hits into the flight deck, effects show, ship did not sink.
    Test time again. Your turn.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by dvslats View Post
    Yes it would. That would change things completely.

I'm learning something also out of this little project. Never altered a ship's *.dp to this extent.
    So this is the route I'm taking now.

The deck sinkers have all been removed. Only the hull sinkers remain. The deck sinkers are replaced with:
    effect.0=100,LIBRARY,fx_p_fatal_1_Lng,
    effect.1=100,BREAK,,

Your increased hit points now only apply to the hull also.

With this damage profile I was able to put fourteen 250 kg hits into the flight deck, effects show, ship did not sink.
    Test time again. Your turn.
    Ah I figured that was the issue.Good idea removing the deck sinker, why I did not think of that, who knows? I will test it out this evening. I am learning much as well, thanks for all your efforts.

Members who have read this thread: 0