Takeoff position on runways?

Thread: Takeoff position on runways?

Takeoff position on runways?

Part of my Coral Sea missions, creating some of the B-17 missions against the invasion force on May 6/7.They flew from around Townsville Australia .Anyways, I installed MR's Australia, runway starting position is too far forward for a takeoff in the FDG B-17E(beautiful plane btw) I'd like to set takeoff point for these runways to the very rear so have plenty of runway to takeoff.

Also, trying to get the AI bombs to work with the FDG B-17E so they drop more than one bomb or appear to.

[runway.11]
    id=9012
    name=QL Garbutt 2
    base_lat=S19 14.54
    base_lon=E146 45.68
    base_alt=35
    heading=021
    takeoff_start_pos=-600,0
    takeoff_stop_pos=1600,200
    landing_start_pos=5000,350
    landing_touchdown_pos=600,0
    landing_stop_pos=-250,0

I take it I should adjust start position to - 700? or? Just trying to save time and ask the experts.Thanks in advance.

The takeoff_start_pos should be bale to move the plane back or forward.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

As for AI planes looking like they drop multiple bombs ,there is a mod for this that makes them look like drop a full bomb load. Rami has the FDG B-17 setup for this I think.I think the mod is at simviation but not sure.Someone should be able to steer you to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    As for AI planes looking like they drop multiple bombs ,there is a mod for this that makes them look like drop a full bomb load. Rami has the FDG B-17 setup for this I think.I think the mod is at simviation but not sure.Someone should be able to steer you to it.
    Yes, it's the AI bombs. I have it, just trying to get them mounted properly on the FDG B-17.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    The takeoff_start_pos should be bale to move the plane back or forward.
    Yes, I set the start position to -5000, moved back quite a bit but still wont let me be at the very end.Still get a decent takeoff run but not as long as would like.

Go back more.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Cody Coyote's MB Handbook, starting at page 146, will explain how to take off from any position you like.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

es, I set the start position to -5000
    That seems like a very hefty move back. I was always under the impression, perhaps a mistaken one, that these numbers are given in meters. If so then an entry of -5000 should put you around 16,400 feet (over 3+ miles) back from the runway center. I don't recall any of the runways in that Aussie pack being anywhere near that long. Likewise, that landing start position of 5000,350 indicates, to me anyway, that the landing start position for the AC, after warping to the end of the mission, is around 16,400 feet (3+ miles) forward of the runway center and around 1200 feet above it. The take-off stop position of 1600,200 indicates that the AI AC will climb on the runway heading until they get 5248 feet beyond the runway center and 650 feet above it before starting their turn toward WP1. I'm just running g through them to give an idea of how I have always interpreted them.

Like I said though, I could very easily be mistaken in my read of what these numbers mean.

Maybe there is a maximum beyond which MB will not allow you to go? Maybe -5000 exceeds that limit? Maybe take the start position out to -800 or -1000?

Anyway, please keep us posted. I'd be interested to hear how it shakes out.

Cheers,
    MR

PS: One other thing you might try, if you haven't already, is to physically move the landing WP away from and then put it back onto the MB runway icon after you have changed the numbers in the runway entry. So that it will reset itself. You never know.
    Last edited by MaskRider; May 23rd, 2016 at 22:54.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Members who have read this thread: 0