Torpedoes at Tulagi?

Thread: Torpedoes at Tulagi?

Torpedoes at Tulagi?

Just wondering if anyone has ever been able to make torpedo attacks happen at Tulagi ? if so please explain here or in PM how. I am working on my Coral Sea missions for release and attack at Tulagi have the 12 TBD's making torpedo attacks.Issue is the hils around the harbor, they crash into them. My usual trick to pull this off just does not work(as I did with Lae mission by using some routing) Here and Rabaul Harbor have always been an issue.Any advice?

It's hard to get torpedo planes to attack in a harbor without crashing but Talon was able to do it in his Pearl Harbor missions.He also did a thread on how it's done years ago ( maybe 2010 ).

For his Pearl missions he had a special invisible pt boat made to make everything work,it's in his Pearl mission pack.I'm sure if you look at his Pearl missions and how he setup the Kate torpedo planes you'l get the answers you need.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    It's hard to get torpedo planes to attack in a harbor without crashing but Talon was able to do it in his Pearl Harbor missions.He also did a thread on how it's done years ago ( maybe 2010 ).

For his Pearl missions he had a special invisible pt boat made to make everything work,it's in his Pearl mission pack.I'm sure if you look at his Pearl missions and how he setup the Kate torpedo planes you'l get the answers you need.
    Thanks! My temporary fix was to have them fly low and level bomb with 1000 lb, works well but not historically accurate.

Proof that you can attack Tulagi Harbor with torpedoes without planes crashing.
    One attack is with ship in the middle of harbor and the other near the shore.

These attacks were by AI Devastators.

Proof that you can attack Tulagi Harbor with torpedoes without planes crashing.
    One attack is with ship in the middle of harbor and the other near the shore.

These attacks were by AI Devastators.

Thanks.I got it to work already using Talons' fix he used in his PH missions.Next is to see if can get Rabaul to work

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    Thanks.I got it to work already using Talons' fix he used in his PH missions.Next is to see if can get Rabaul to work
    Talon got it to work at Rabaul and Truk but never finished the missions packs so they were never released.

Talon got it to work at Rabaul and Truk but never finished the missions packs so they were never released.

Ah. I believe I can get it now that see how he did it.The invisible "Dummy" target helps big time in confined harbors with hills etc around.

Members who have read this thread: 0