Wilco Falcon 7X released

Thread: Wilco Falcon 7X released

Wilco Falcon 7X released

Wilco Falcon 7X released, I'm waiting to see reviews of how it affects frame rates. It isn't super in depth, in terms of systems, which is O.K. with me.
    Last edited by stovall; May 20th, 2016 at 05:42.

I have seen a few of the real ones up close and personal on the ramp, a beautiful Jet ! Might be interested in this aircraft since no Gulfstream 550 aircraft are available for FSX, as long as I do not have to do a lav service !
    Mike

I waited a long time for this model to be released. It looks pretty good but I recently bought the Carenado Hawker 850 and despite all the negative reviews it received, it runs smooth as glass on my system and overall, the systems run pretty smooth as well. That model more than satisfies my desires for a Bizjet but to be honest, I do want to see how this model runs by comparison.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just to clarify, this is not a Just Flight product. It's a Wilco Publishing product.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

The feedback about the WIP shots was pretty negative (and I'm being diplomatic here) on the french forums...

I certainly want to give this one a try but would rather buy from an FS shop rather than publisher's site. I too am looking forward to some reviews of this beauty.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Well someone has to ask so here goes - can we stick a GTN 750 in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Just to clarify, this is not a Just Flight product. It's a Wilco Publishing product.
    Att Roger or other mods; as Martyn says, this is a Wilco product, not a Just flight product. Shouldn't the title be edited?

Thanks - Rob

Title amended. Thanks for the heads up.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I was only reading at avsim, I don't own the plane yet... but it seems like a lite representation of the real one, with some semi custom FMS logic (navigraph), and buggy autopilot systems.

The modelling seems below current standards, (from the pictures), imo
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I was only reading at avsim, I don't own the plane yet... but it seems like a lite representation of the real one, with some semi custom FMS logic (navigraph), and buggy autopilot systems.

The modelling seems below current standards, (from the pictures), imo
    One of my biggest criticisms of any visual model is the poly reduction around circular curvature. If it it supposed to look like a circle or an oval or any other closed circular shape then please don't skimp on the polygins in that location...remove them somewhere else...it will pay dividends in visual quality. That model is quite good otherwise...on quick inspection. But the recessed landing light openings are too jagged for my liking and make the model look worse than it normally would. If i could make changes to what ive seen...Perhaps a small update to fix this. And the glass or plexiglass areas need fresnel and specular added...the body could use fresnel to cintril the reflection angle and would make it appear less cartoony. constructive critique not ranting. Please take it that way. Not sure about the sim aspect but I agree with Ryan looks below the current standard. Though I think if they implemented a few of those changes it would greatly improve it. Maybe they are implemented just not being used properly?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I think I'm going to sit this one out a while. Besides, I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor there's a Sabreliner coming from Carenado (or elsewhere)?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry about that, my bad. Thanks for the correction.

After reading various posts from users who purchased this model, it seems like it has a lot of bugs at the moment (some of which have been addressed by Wilco) but apparently a number of bugs and varying FPS performance issues remain. My advice is to wait this one out a while so that Wilco can address the bugs and hopefully even update some other aspects of the model (which were mentioned here).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And that's a big pity Martyn.

A pilot friend visited and here are his comments:
    "My comments are based as a real time pilot for 40 years and a Flight Simmer since it’s inception more than 25 years ago.
    After flying the Falcon launched by Wilco my observations are as follows:
    · Of all the aircraft I fly (more than 150) the Falcon’s frame rate is the slowest/extremely intensive and takes up a lot of memory and performance.
    · Not able to fly aircraft i t o IFR as the NAV system is not working properly. VOR instrument indication erratic and is sometimes totally displaced in relation to the ground beacon. Tested it at different airports.
    · ILS glide slope active during approach but no localiser indication on the same instrument visible.
    · Aircraft acceleration on full power is totally wrong as it is to slow. You will run out of runway on most density altitudes of above 5000’.
    · N1 and N2 power on engine rotations do not develop full power. Cannot really fly like this.
    · Engine spool up is far to slow and will cause a crash on go around at 200’ with full load.
    · No reverse thrust indication ligths on engine instrument panel.
    · Cockpit to dark and panel and overhead panel lights do not work during day light.
    · Cockpit/instrumentation graphics unrealistic. Some of Wilco’s 2004 aircraft’s instrumentation design’s are far more photo realistic than this product. Can take some tips from PMDG, Alabeo and others.
    · Landing lights incorrectly placed on tail plane instead of leading edge of main wing.
    · Rotating beacon displaced on top engine intake of no 2 engine instead of on fuselage.
    · Engine sound is a computerised version and does not resemble the real engine sounds.
    It is clear that this aircraft should not have been launched yet and that the designers shows a lack of pilot background and experience.
    What a shame."
    Nico
    FAWB

Wilco confirms an unrealistic airplane...

Support answers:

"As already said, confirmed bugs will be fixed. But the fact that this product has been done under an official Dassault Aviation license, it doesn't mean that we are trying to make a high-end simulation of the Falcon 7X"
    Nico
    FAWB

Aerosoft removed the Wilco Falcon 7X from their shop for now.

"Basically because the feedback from customers was rather bad."
    Nico
    FAWB

Members who have read this thread: 0