15. Kevin Magnussen, Renault, 1:24.625
    16. Esteban Gutierrez, Haas, 1:24.778

17. Jolyon Palmer, Renault, 1:24.903
    18. Felipe Massa, Williams, 1:24.941

19. Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 1:25.202
    20. Felipe Nasr, Sauber, 1:25.579

21. Pascal Wehrlein, Manor, 1:25.745
    22. Rio Haryanto, Manor, 1:25.939

A few positive surprises (like Red Bull and Alonso for McLaren), but I think for many team a lot of disappointment (Ferrari, Massa for Williams, Haas team etc.)

It promises to be an interesting race tomorrow, especially with the quick starters Vettel and Raikkonen at the third row. It will be an exiting run towards the first corner. But at least Vettel can see what the Red Bulls are doing in front of him......

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Just hoping Max can pick up good points tomorrow. Third or fourth would be nice.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Looking at the grid, I don't think the first lap will be one without incidents. I really hope Max can stay ahead of these.

I will keep my fingers crossed.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I really don't have any words right now, I'm so happy. .....
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Lightbulb

A most interesting race overall but a couple of disappointments from my fan perspective.

- Too bad it couldn't have been a 1-2 Red Bull finish...(but it was good to see Kimi ahead of Vettel)
    - Wish Grosjean had placed better...

- Rosberg/Hamilton: After looking at the replay several times & listening to the commentators, I'm convinced that it was a racing incident. Had the situation been reversed, I do believe that Hamilton would have driven the same way as Nico did.

As long as the ice doesn't boil over between them like it did with Senna & Prost, things should sort themselves out.

And finally "congrats" to Max - great way to start off with the premier Red Bull team!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    I really don't have any words right now, I'm so happy. .....

Now you can understand why I was so ecstatic when Lewis was getting on with it....

Well the first lap did contain the expected incident, but it made the race much more interesting.

Definitely well driven by Max Verstappen, but his team also had the best strategy. The Ferraris and Red Bulls seems to perform very close. It will be interesting to see what happens when Red Bull receives the new more powerful engine.

Cheers,
    Huub

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Well the first lap did contain the expected incident,

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub, as I suspected, it was a "racing incident"...

Mercedes have confirmed Nico Rosberg was in the wrong engine setting when he crashed with Lewis Hamilton at the start of the Spanish GP.
    However, despite both drivers crashing out of the grand prix following their collision, Mercedes have vowed they will continue to let Rosberg and Hamilton race each other.
    According to Hamilton, he was travelling at 17kph faster than Rosberg when the pair made contact. The German admitted his engine was in the "incorrect mode and I was down on power" but Rosberg also said he was "very surprised he went for the gap".
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...co-lewis-crash

When Rosberg went to change engine modes, it surprised him that Hamilton had closed the gap that fast...

Members who have read this thread: 0