Three new Pacific mission packages by Dasuto247!

Thread: Three new Pacific mission packages by Dasuto247!

Icon22 Three new Pacific mission packages by Dasuto247!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Missions Add-Ons

Description: These three missions cover USMC/USN missions against Japanese in period of April, 1943-April 7, 1943, combating Operation "I-GO".Player will fly F4U1 and F4F4 from Guadalcanal.I based these missions on various accounts of events, including from Bruce Gamble's excellent book "The Black Sheep" .

Make sure you read the README. Enjoy

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Operation I-GO (USMC/USN).zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Action off Bougainville-1942.zip

Description: Action Off Bougainville
    February 20, 1942

After a disastrous couple months of war, the United States and Allies were in a dark spot in the Pacific, as the Japanese continued their expansion.Rabaul, New Britain had fallen to the Japanese in early February 1942 and the Japanese were quickly establishing a major naval and air base there, which was seen as a threat to the San Francisco-Australia sealane. Task Force 11 (Planned to be joined by the ANZAC Squadron, but was unable due to fuel oil shortage ) under Admiral WIlson Brown and centered around the carrier USS Lexington(CV-2) was assigned to strike Rabaul to safeguard the sea lanes on February 21.

Task Force 11 detected unknown aircraft on radar at 1015 on February 20, 1942 and launched a six plane Combat Air Patrol(CAP) to protect the TF. Two planes were vectored to investigate the contact.Fighting Squadron 3(VF-3) "Felix The Cat" under Lieutenant Commander John S. "Jimmy" Thach intercepted and shot down a H6K "Mavis" flying boat at 11:12, obviously flying a recon mission from Rabaul.Two other planes from the CAP downed another "Mavis" as well.A third contact was detected 80 NM out, but disappeared.

The "Mavis" had done their job though, reporting the carriers location and Japanese Admiral Shigeyoshi Inoue, head of the Fourth Fleet based at Rabaul ordered an attack.A force of heavy cruisers put to sea and 17 G4M1 "Betty" bombers departed Rabaul to locate and destroy the Lexington.

Around 1542 hours, TF 11 detected unknown planes but lost contact.Contact was regained at 16:25 and multiple F4F3 Wildcat fighters under LCDR Thach were sent to intercept, downing multiple bombers.At 1649, radar detected bogies on the disengaged side of the TF, only 12 miles away and closing fast.Only two F4F's were available to protect the Lexington.Lieutenants (JG) Edward "Butch" O' Hare and Marion Dufilho flew east to intercept.

Just as prepared to attack the enemy bombers(G4M1 Bettys), "Duff" Dufilho's guns jammed, leaving O'Hare sole defender of the fleet.O 'Hare attacked, making multiple passes on the formation, downing five to become US Naval Aviation's First "Ace".O'Hare also damaged a sixth.O'Hare would be awarded the Medal of Honor for this action.

These missions recreate this historical action.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Action off Bougainville-1942.zip

Enterprise Strikes 1942.zip

Description: Historical and fictional missions centering around Enterprise's strikes on Wake and Marshall Islands in February 1942.Make sure you check out the README.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Enterprise Strikes 1942.zip

Reply...

Dasuto247,

Jeez...more than twenty-four hours and you can still hear crickets, especially considering these are for the Pacific? My apologies. Let me get the ball rolling then...

Thank you for your hard work on these mission packs, I'm sure the downloaders are happy with your work, and here's hoping you hear from them!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thank you Dasuto247.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Dasuto247,

Jeez...more than twenty-four hours and you can still hear crickets, especially considering these are for the Pacific? My apologies. Let me get the ball rolling then...

Thank you for your hard work on these mission packs, I'm sure the downloaders are happy with your work, and here's hoping you hear from them!
    figured it is the weekend so.I wanted to release them this week but was too busy to get everything together.I am sure will hear something eventually.Thanks Rami.

Ok, I tried it but...

I appreciate all the efforts that many still support this sim. I ran it after, I thought I had made the mods required, seemed to run ok, except I warped once, and found out I am suddenly out of gas. End of run! What am I not doing, I copied the DP's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooraw View Post

I appreciate all the efforts that many still support this sim. I ran it after, I thought I had made the mods required, seemed to run ok, except I warped once, and found out I am suddenly out of gas. End of run! What am I not doing, I copied the DP's?
    Hello,

I apologize, appears that I forgot to include in the README that warp is NOT enabled in any of these missions.This was a design decision made for two reasons.One is the warp bug that burns absurd amount of fuel.Two is easy to miss important things when warping. I designed missions to be flown in real time or accelerated time(as I do).So when you hit the ex, it likely took you to your last waypoint and burned a ridiculous amount of fuel, thus the warp fuel bug.

I would suggest taking off, climb and head on heading ordered by FDO and once establish desired climb rate etc, speed up to 4x, Once at desired cruising altitude, level off..Once get near WP slow down some as events are triggered by reaching certain WP. Watch the screen and listen for info from the "FDO". I assume you are talking about Mission1 "Snoopers" ?

For mission two, takeoff, climb while flying a circular pattern over the carrier.Once at altitude, level off.Set ailerons trimmed to port of starboard so will bank and make an easy circle.Before long FDO will report bandits.

Hope this helps, enjoy and let me know how it goes for you.

Thank you for your quick answer

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    Hello,

I apologize, appears that I forgot to include in the README that warp is NOT enabled in any of these missions.This was a design decision made for two reasons.One is the warp bug that burns absurd amount of fuel.Two is easy to miss important things when warping. I designed missions to be flown in real time or accelerated time(as I do).So when you hit the ex, it likely took you to your last waypoint and burned a ridiculous amount of fuel, thus the warp fuel bug.

I would suggest taking off, climb and head on heading ordered by FDO and once establish desired climb rate etc, speed up to 4x, Once at desired cruising altitude, level off..Once get near WP slow down some as events are triggered by reaching certain WP. Watch the screen and listen for info from the "FDO". I assume you are talking about Mission1 "Snoopers" ?

For mission two, takeoff, climb while flying a circular pattern over the carrier.Once at altitude, level off.Set ailerons trimmed to port of starboard so will bank and make an easy circle.Before long FDO will report bandits.

Hope this helps, enjoy and let me know how it goes for you.
    I will give it a shot. This is my favorite scenario. You've made it more realistic, with your explanation, especially the loitering in the second scenario.

Thanks again for your work!

I will give it a shot. This is my favorite scenario. You've made it more realistic, with your explanation, especially the loitering in the second scenario.

Thanks again for your work!

Not a problem

Thank you very much Dasuto247. I enjoy Pacific missions immensely and this is an excellent representation in the PTO.

Hate to keep picking but..

WHAT IS> ijn_sc13_1941_lod?

Loading chokes on this and old European buildings, for the Pacific?

Thank you Dasuto247 Appreciate your work!!!

WHAT IS> ijn_sc13_1941_lod?

Loading chokes on this and old European buildings, for the Pacific?
    It's okay but notice I did say in the README I was not sure about everything needed as it had been quite a while since created the Enterprise Missions and not sure where my "build list" for those missions went.

Go to the address provided, scroll down and will see the SC13 subchasers.Install. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=2&pp=20

Old euro building? not sure what you are talking about.

Thanks

Hi Dasuto
    Thank you for your efforts on this project.
    I can't give any feedback until I get my XP computer back from the repair works.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Still cannot find any IJN_SC13

not in SOH, but in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No.13-...bmarine_chaser, can you narrow the file further, the link you gave me is SOL. THX

'Old euro building? not sure what you are talking about."

sorted out on this Old euro building , no problem.

The link works perfectly, it's in the top half of that page.
    But for those that still can't manage to find the actual file, try this link...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=42&id=20559

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Icon14 Thank you!

New missions are

always welcome!

KH
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Hate to keep picking but..

looking for "Vickers_trpd_mg" I have a large pile of files, on cfs2, but none on that < one.

looking for "Vickers_trpd_mg" I have a large pile of files, on cfs2, but none on that < one.

Here is the link, scroll down a ways and should see it. Take it flying the Enterprise missions?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=5&pp=20

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for this link!

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    Here is the link, scroll down a ways and should see it. Take it flying the Enterprise missions?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=5&pp=20

Members who have read this thread: 0