CYMM Fire

Thread: CYMM Fire

CYMM Fire

In case you haven't heard, or you local news feed is only local, the wildfire season in Alberta started early and with a vengeance.
    The fire started Saturday and has reached well inside the city.

'Calgary Herald' - 2016-05-05
    75 sq. km The size of the fire. It’s expected to be 100 square kilometres by the end of the day
    1,600 Structures burned (as of Wednesday afternoon)
    80,000+ Total number of people displaced
    10,000 Evacuees in oilsands camps to the north of the city. Another 70,000 south to Anzac, Lac La Biche, Edmonton and Calgary.
    300 RCMP officers deployed
    250 Firefighters on the scene, along with 12 helicopters, 12 pieces of heavy equipment, 17 air tankers, 22 tanker trucks
    31C The temperature on Wednesday, with winds gusting to 39 km/h

© 2016 Postmedia Network Inc. All rights reserved.
    Unauthorized distribution, transmission or republication strictly prohibited.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

We've been watching it on our International News Service and it is one of the worst I've seen.
    Here's hoping that people remain safe, homes can be rebuilt, lives can't.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The video was taken by the dash-cam of an oil worker who was sleeping at home. left side of the road, after his night shift when a friend called him to ask if he had left. Only after going to his balcony did he realized why. Taking a few clothes and his passport (???), he did left in a comprehensible hurry;

A few remarks;

-Despite the urgency of the situation, most people kept driving in a single file keeping their right. They only went to the left when they were about to fry to a crisp...;
    -You can hear some muttered profanities but, considering the situation, people did kept their cool... sorta.

70% of M. Chamberland neighborhood was burn to the ground. No fatalities to report... so far.

Fingers crossed and knock on wood!
    Torture numbers and they'll say anything.

Hubbabubba, Touche à tout.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I feel the pain for all these people. As a resident of Ramona Ca in the last fire I know how devastating it is. Our thoughts and prayers are with our Canadian neighbors.

Bob

No fatalities to report... so far

at 1600,, and counting ,structures lost ,i fear there will be some found during overhaul.i hope not,but with that many and the aggressiveness of the fire itself,there most likely will be.

also an airtanker,i think it was T45,a Convair 540,went off the end of the runway suffering a nose gear collapse,no fatality,but they didnt say there were no injuries...again,i hope they are safe and well..

Scary stuff!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Ive been busy as I have family near Fort Mac. Thankfully all evac safe via Canadian North. Canadian North is also evac and caring for Pets too. On Saturday Im expecting my Cousin's Family who lived in Fort Mac to arrive here in San Antonio TX this coming Monday. Thankfully US Customs and DHS worked well with me to help my family in a this critical situation and of course a huge thank you to the Texas Gov's Office and there assist and of course Alberta and NWT Governments.
    Meet one of the Guest that is a Fort MAc Pet and took up residence at Canadian North Hq Edmonton CYEG office's, Meow meow is now an Employee lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 13177777_1160280470670730_9152264423085096140_n.jpg  

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Ive been busy as I have family near Fort Mac. Thankfully all evac safe via Canadian North. Canadian North is also evac and caring for Pets too. On Saturday Im expecting my Cousin's Family who lived in Fort Mac to arrive here in San Antonio TX this coming Monday. Thankfully US Customs and DHS worked well with me to help my family in a this critical situation and of course a huge thank you to the Texas Gov's Office and there assist and of course Alberta and NWT Governments.
    Meet one of the Guest that is a Fort MAc Pet and took up residence at Canadian North Hq Edmonton CYEG office's, Meow meow is now an Employee lol.

That's a very photogenic cat.

I hope also everyone affected by these fires is safe and well, and that the fires are brought under control very quickly. It is always really terrible to hear about these disasters.

Cheers,

Members who have read this thread: 0