Idea..

Thread: Idea..

Idea..

Just wondering if anyone would be able to make a "bomb" of sorts to work with the OH F4U1A. Weapon would be a hand grenade that could be dropped like a bomb.Finishing up my Black Sheep missions for release and would be nice to have this as "wildman" dropped a hand grenade out of his Corsair.

Quote Originally Posted by dasuto247 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone would be able to make a "bomb" of sorts to work with the OH F4U1A. Weapon would be a hand grenade that could be dropped like a bomb.Finishing up my Black Sheep missions for release and would be nice to have this as "wildman" dropped a hand grenade out of his Corsair.
    was it a standard pineapple grenade? That wouldn't be very difficult. How quickly do you need it?

ShpHawK

Quote Originally Posted by shphawk View Post
    was it a standard pineapple grenade? That wouldn't be very difficult. How quickly do you need it?

ShpHawK
    A couple things on this.

1) let me see if its already done. I remember some bombs from my WWI. I just can't remember if its grenades or actual bombs.

2) There is a min size that it has to be inorder to export into CFS2. A german "Potato Masher" might work but a "pineapple" granade might be too small. Allen or one of the others might know and be able to explain it better.

If this is the case, then there is a work around for it. If you take a single plane poly and map the texture of the grenade to it. Then you could Alpha out the unneeded parts and still have something that can be exported.

Let me look and see what I have.

ShpHawK,

Let us know what you come up with.

'til Later,
    John
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

The min size could be fixed by putting a 1x1 meter square that is 100% clear with the nade. The auto weld any thing within 4mm of each other may mean that the nade may have to be made 2 or 4 times larger in gMax than SCASM edited to bring the scale down to size.

Or

Blood Hawk X shaped planes with Alpha textures may work the best.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by shphawk View Post

ShpHawK
    I believe it was.Magee found it at Munda in September 43, leftover from the recent fighting and carried it with him.Next week or so if possible would be fine but depends on the artist's timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    A couple things on this.

1) let me see if its already done. I remember some bombs from my WWI. I just can't remember if its grenades or actual bombs.

2) There is a min size that it has to be inorder to export into CFS2. A german "Potato Masher" might work but a "pineapple" granade might be too small. Allen or one of the others might know and be able to explain it better.

If this is the case, then there is a work around for it. If you take a single plane poly and map the texture of the grenade to it. Then you could Alpha out the unneeded parts and still have something that can be exported.

Let me look and see what I have.

ShpHawK,

Let us know what you come up with.

'til Later,
    John
    Thanks for the response.I wait with anticipation to see what you guys come up with.

If no one get to this then I'll look into it. I have a few weapons of my own to wrap up. I'll keep you posted if I get to it.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Thats another yarn. No one drops a grenade from Corsair and hit anything accurately.

Dasuto247,

I just wanted to apologize for not getting back to you sooner. When I replied to the thread, I had every intention of coming through for you, however, I have some things going on in real life that take priority over even my projects for the moment. I'm not going to be around much for the next month or so, but if I do find the time, I will crank out a grenade, zip it up and attach it to this thread. Sorry Dasuto247.

ShpHawK

I may have a solution for the size issue. Put a box around the model of the grenade then make the box invisible with alpha channeled textures.

Members who have read this thread: 0