Prepar3d 2.5 is out
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prepar3d 2.5 is out

Prepar3d 2.5 is out

Prepar3d 2.5 full install (remember, no patch this time) released this afternoon, US east coast time.

I won't be among the early adopters - am waiting for third-party compatibility and maybe a hardware upgrade - but will be eager to hear early reports. Please share!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Thanks for the info,I'm gonna sit on the sidelines and let the dust settle until I do Full Install.

Patrick

Same here. . . .2.4 is awesome and my days of full-time simming have dwindled so I see no reason to jump on any updates anymore really. Also, just in reading bits and pieces of what's in this one. . .probably nothing earth shattering enough to make me want it. . .or need it.

People seem to be reporting good performance, though it's hard to tell in early hours if that's legit since they mostly haven't overloaded it with add-ons yet.

Speaking of which... I think that when I do get around to installing it, I'm going to try to keep a promise to myself and keep the installation relatively clean. Am tired of managing truckloads of performance-taxing products, and of having a setup that's so complex that reinstalling seems like an enormous burden. So maybe this time, I'll limit myself to a few good planes/airports/textures.

Of course, I've told myself that before...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Blog Entries
    Having gone through numerous installs of the various earlier builds, I'll wait until the various add-ons update to 2.5 compatible before doing another re-install.
    Seems like this usually takes about four or five weeks, depending on the author(s). I'm quite pleased with 2.4 integration with my current setup and am not to anxious to tackle another major install.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I also put the update on a hold.
    I'm in the middle of a scenery design project and making a full install with all the update changes needed afterwards will throw me off the schedule.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Seems like everyone has a reason to hold off the install of 2.5. Mine is the fact that I am slowly building a new system so I have a good reason to hold and install a clean 2.5 once ready. The timing of this release could not have been better for me.

I'll be trying it out tonight. As long as FSUIPC is working, that's enough for me! Apart from ASN, I don't think I've got any other addons that will need an immediate update.

Looks like there's a topic on the OrbX forums telling that 2.5 creates some problems with ObjectFlow and FTX Central.
    These two will be updated soon to match the P3D v2.5 requirements.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Sounds like P3Dv2.5 and FSX Steam share issue's with FTX products. Think I'll wait a bit before going to 2.5.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Awaiting download to finish. Orbx or any addon is not a priorty for me. Smooth simming is! Maybe one... Corsica!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Any Change to Default Aircraft in v2.5 ?

Just wonder if LM changed the default AC lineup in P3D v2.5 ? I did download 2.5 last night but on hold until ORBX changes their Objects Library and FTX Central to make them work properly . Very satisfied with 2.4 and not in a real big hurry to go through another big full installation . From what I've read about the changes , the runway lights and several other issues might be worth taking the leap . I can't remember what forum someone commented It was running pretty smooth . I'm sure it will all get worked out and I'll make the big leap .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Your question just reminded me that I should make some backup copies of the FSX default planes that don't exist in P3D...
    I plan to finally uninstall completely FSX and all sceneries to start a fresh clean install of P3D only. It would be a shame to lose some of the non-downloadable FSX planes.

Some mention the new radar in the F-22 is very nice. Not the type of aircraft I'm interested in, but if jets... more like F-86 and 707 are my speed.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

hhmmmmmm

well I installed the 2.5 and noticed one thing strange...I took off in an F-22, then changed to an Airbus, and when I did the controls went all squirrelly, so i reset the flight and the controls wouldn't work at all.

davido53, I suspect this is a controller issue not with P3D v2.5. I did the full install and to my surprise this seems to be the very best version of Prepar3D yet. It is so smooth I get about 2 FPS variation with the setting at 33. Rarely below 31 but mostly 33. I have always had a single stutter about every 30 seconds. This is gone. Now waiting for ORBX to bring out the compatibility software for Global, Vector, Pilot, the large area software and local airfields. Don't install any of these until the updates come out. I tried it but had to reinstall P3D v2.5. My own produced photo real scenery works very well. LM has a winner here.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    davido53, I suspect this is a controller issue not with P3D v2.5. I did the full install and to my surprise this seems to be the very best version of Prepar3D yet. It is so smooth I get about 2 FPS variation with the setting at 33. Rarely below 31 but mostly 33. I have always had a single stutter about every 30 seconds. This is gone. Now waiting for ORBX to bring out the compatibility software for Global, Vector, Pilot, the large area software and local airfields. Don't install any of these until the updates come out. I tried it but had to reinstall P3D v2.5. My own produced photo real scenery works very well. LM has a winner here.
    Thanks for your comments Tom . So Truk , Marianas , Iwo Jima , Chichi Jima all work in V2.5 ?

Rich
    Last edited by Crusader; February 12th, 2015 at 15:57.
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Tom Stovall, have you installed the F-14 yet and how's the performance in 2.5?

Best regards
    Dag

Good point Dag, I have been messing with my Just Flight Traffic360 since the install with little success. I will install the Aerosoft F-14 now. Back soon.

Installed the Aerosoft F-14 with no problems. My first impressions are:

1. The external version with the exhaust smoke causes a dramatic drop in FPS. Once in flight or moving down the runway this goes away completely. FPS back up to a fixed 33 with a variation at the most 2 FPS with the external view. This is flying out of Jim's Fallon NAS.
    2. The cockpit causes a drop of about 10 FPS which is about the same that I get in FSX.
    3. The payload manager works better than in P3D v2.4. I had issues with the x's showing up in the manager. The load out was on the aircraft but the issue seemed to be with the manager. This is not a problem now.
    4. Have not loaded TacPack yet but will be doing so later today hopefully.

Got Just Flight Traffic360 installed finally. All works perfectly. Had to find the SimObject.cfg file. P3D v2.5 has moved many of their cfg files to a different location. The SimObject entries in the P3D.cfg [Main] file just don't work and are not there. All is in ProgramData now.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by stovall; February 13th, 2015 at 09:47.

Here is a pic from Prepar3D v2.5 with HD Lighting turned off. Too dark with this turned on. The aircraft A2A Corsair and the scenery is some photo real I made of Midway Island. If all goes well with the Orbx installers I may transition completely to P3D.

Tom, you're missing out a lot of cool lighting effects by leaving HDR out. The brightness can be adjusted. Check this thread at avsim:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451123-brighter-hdr-tweak/

I am still on 2.4 though and I do not know how this will adapt in 2.5.

One of the cool features is that HDR adapts brightness of what you see simulating the human eye. Have it on and try looking inside the cockpit for a few seconds and then lift your head to look out. For a few brief moments all will be bright and then adapt.

Check the first minutes of this very draft video I made to show off P3D to some friends:

Tom, are those clouds stock?? Could you also post a picture over stock scenery please? Has that changed a lot?

I have v2.4 installed, have 2.5 standing by, but I'm a bit put off by the fact that FTX doesn't work yet. ORBX sceneries are a must for me.

Cheers,

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Tom, are those clouds stock?? Could you also post a picture over stock scenery please? Has that changed a lot?

I have v2.4 installed, have 2.5 standing by, but I'm a bit put off by the fact that FTX doesn't work yet. ORBX sceneries are a must for me.

Cheers,

Johan

Johan, those are the stock clouds. I have added FSUIPC, some aircraft and personal scenery but that is all. Oh yes I got Just Flight Traffic360 working perfectly. Everything else is stock. So far this is a real winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Tom, you're missing out a lot of cool lighting effects by leaving HDR out. The brightness can be adjusted. Check this thread at avsim:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451123-brighter-hdr-tweak/

I am still on 2.4 though and I do not know how this will adapt in 2.5.

One of the cool features is that HDR adapts brightness of what you see simulating the human eye. Have it on and try looking inside the cockpit for a few seconds and then lift your head to look out. For a few brief moments all will be bright and then adapt.

Check the first minutes of this very draft video I made to show off P3D to some friends:
    Dimus, thank you so much for the link and advice on the HDR. I removed the slashes on the avg entry and what a difference. I am lowering the value slightly to see what that does. For me it is a great improvement with HDR checked. Much appreciated.

One more picture with HDR check and the flight over Midway.

One more picture with a slight adjustment in the avgLuninance to 0.72 That should do it for me. This changes everything regarding the lighting. Again very much appreciated Dimus.

Members who have read this thread: 0